Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brightonian

Looks to me like a player who can improve the weaker areas in his game incredibly fast. Every single game he seems to make noticeable progress with something or other. If he keeps learning at this pace he'll be the best fullback in the league in a season or two.

Or second best to Luke Shaw ;)

Eternitiy

I like what I've seen lately. Still don't think he has the defensive awareness or technical ability to become top quality, but he is now contributing in an attacking sense and providing an outlet on the right side, which has previously been a void. Well played.

RUCK4444

I've said repeatedly during his time here that I believe he is capable of improving going forward. He's got decent link up play, is cool under pressure from opponents and can beat a man with pace and from a standing start in particular.

He's clearly working on his offensive game and hopefully he can really kick on and take it to the next level. Last few games in particular he's been one of our best players and most positive.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Very nice to see him turns good. If he can improve a little bit more on positioning, heading, and passing. With more consistency, our RB is sorted for at least another 10 years.

Teja

Excellent game both defensively and offensively.

I think he's been focusing a lot on his attacking game recently. Even aside from this game, he is no longer the weakest link in our build up play. He has developed a bit of Valencia like ability in using his strength / acceleration to carry the ball forward which is great to see. Valencia used to be such an important out ball when we were playing under LvG, I think it's under-appreciated - just pass GK -> RB and have him run straight down the touchline. Opposition either doubles up on him in which case you leave a man open or just let him run leading to progression up the field. We have a little bit of that now with AWB and if he continues to progress there that could be very significant.

I think defensively he has become a bit more suspect (not 1v1, stuff like positioning, playing people offside etc.) but it's a bit nitpicky, I'm very happy with both our fullbacks.

Red00012

Clearly the coaches have been working on his offensive work in the last few months

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Had a good couple of games now and getting some form back. Still have huge reservations about him but can't fault him of late mind you. Hope he proves me wrong.

Teams seem to leave him unmarked constantly. It goes to show what they think of him. However last few games he's actually done something with the ball.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Not sure how he was able to bend his feet like that, no wonder he can win lot of tackles.

shahzy

What's impressed me about him and Luke Shaw is how early they are crossing. I always think once a player gets into the opponents 1/4, you can and only ever should 1 touch pass/cross. That might not be as accurate as controlling it and crossing it or whatever, but it doesnt allow the opposition defence to organise and thats where mistakes are made. Wan Bissaka early crossed it multiple times and it was a shitshow in the Southampton box. yeh they only had 10 players and 9 in the end but the premise was still there. Hope to see Shaw and Wan Bissaka early cross/1 touch pass more often going forwards

Giggs86

That was actually a very good finish for a defender. I must admit I thought this ball is going to fly over the bar.

city-puma

He has his career high, two goals per season, right? More to come please! Record is to be broken.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I never really understood the hate for this guy.

Aston villa was a good performance. Kept arguably the best LW in the PL quiet the next, one of our best performers vs Sheffield, scores a goal and gets an assist vs Southampton.

People always just view the opposition players better because they watch them less rigidly.

Cant wait for a more attacking RB to provide wan Bissaka some rest and ability to work on his weaknesses (which all footballers have).

The United

I never really understood the hate for this guy.

Aston villa was a good performance. Kept arguably the best LW in the PL quiet the next, one of our best performers vs Sheffield, scores a goal and gets an assist vs Southampton.

People always just view the opposition players better because they watch them less rigidly.

Cant wait for a more attacking RB to provide wan Bissaka some rest and ability to work on his weaknesses (which all footballers have).
Most don't doubt him for 1 on 1 defending which he is great at.

His attacking quality has been improved which is a great thing.

He still needs to do better at defending spaces around him especially behind him to become a top RB.

Ekeke

Most don't doubt him for 1 on 1 defending which he is great at.

His attacking quality has been improved which is a great thing.

He still needs to do better at defending spaces around him especially behind him to become a top RB.
Alright so name 5 rightbacks who are better at defending space behind them

Ekeke

Heres another for those that didnt notice AWB getting forward against Arsenal and having a headed attempt, or how he had some more composure and confidence on the ball even to do some flicks and tricks and rubbish the idea that he's "unnatural"

Last edited:

Terminator

1-2 more years and he can tranform into a proper top class RB. Very good improvement in the attacking department over the last 6 months and hopefully he can keep it going.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Finally showed more confidence and it´s really great performance. We know there´s a player there just need to tell him that. Sometimes you just need to tak the player on from on the outside and get a cross/pullback in especially when we happen to have Cavani in the box. Luke´s crossing been mint too. Let´s see if we can do it 11v11

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
It shows that having a little patience, and allowing the coaches to work on individuals weaknesses can reap rewards.
The posters that say he still has things to learn are correct, his positioning, especially with play on the other side of the pitch, can be a bit dodgy, getting to close to the CB, and his heading ability is decent, but not great, but he is certainly looking more adventurous going forward, and could (and should) have had assists v both Liverpool and Arsenal.
I think by next season we will have a much more rounded individual who will be a big asset for the team.

1-2 more years and he can tranform into a proper top class RB. Very good improvement in the attacking department over the last 6 months and hopefully he can keep it going.
he’s got a great opportunity to really fulfil his potential. He’s got so much speed, he needs to really utilise it.

He was good going forward against Liverpool as well recently.

he was no where near the finished article when we bought him, he’d played less than 50 games for Palace. Very welcome to see him getting better and better.

Tony247

The best AWB game I have ever witnessed...defense as well as attack.

Sylar

Looking more confident going forward and with the ball, and glad he got a nice assist with a lovely cross
. That tackle was insane but also annoying he had to make it and then the flag goes up

Olecurls99

Looks to me like a player who can improve the weaker areas in his game incredibly fast. Every single game he seems to make noticeable progress with something or other. If he keeps learning at this pace he'll be the best fullback in the league in a season or two.

Or second best to Luke Shaw ;)
Spot on. He's building on his game so quickly. He's improved under crosses, attacking and in possession. Great to see him reaping the rewards. Great performance last night. MOTM

cyberman

I felt really happy for him last night. After the way Ralph embarassed him post game last season it would have felt really satisfying.
By the way had anybody got a detailed, boastful breakdown of his tactics from last night? He was so accomodating in doing so last season for some reason.

Alfie092

He was always a 8 out of 10 defensively and a 5 out of 10 going forward. If he can improve his attacking output to a 7 out of 10 then we will truly have a world-class RB for the next 6-7 years :drool:

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Excellent display. With Greenwood cutting inside, and Ings not doing much tracking back, he had the space to attack and did so very well.

If we can get him creating from the right anything close of what Shaw is doing from the left, our attack will be much harder to stop.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I felt really happy for him last night. After the way Ralph embarassed him post game last season it would have felt really satisfying.
By the way had anybody got a detailed, boastful breakdown of his tactics from last night? He was so accomodating in doing so last season for some reason.
Imagine the ego on a man who brags about drawing with us after injuring our LB, who's already been brought on to replace the already injured LB mind, to send us down to 10 men for the last 10 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.