Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

jamesjimmybyrondean

I never understood the "he's not good on the ball' criticism ways looked a good dribbler to me just wasn't as smooth or as quick as he has gotten now

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
He just needs that experience to balance his positioning of an attacking fullback that can accomplish his one vs one defending.

He is only 3 years experienced as a fullback and once he gets someone like Trippier competing with him and showing how a pure attacking fullback positions himself to defend - then Wan Bissaka will be much more well rounded.

By the age of 25 he should be a rarity compared to every other club having the same type of fullback that can only cross a ball.

Floyd

Doesn't like his Tagline played with
Was he the one who lost possession for their second goal? Didn’t see him tracking back too. It was the only one bad mistake he did. But overall he was very good
Yes, yes and yes. I like AWB and his improvement but he can be a lazy mofo at times. Why is he not busting a gut to get back there? He's not even jogging, he's walking back. Far from the first time that has happened.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Found his form again. Was really poor at the start of the season, now he's been really good!

Ekeke

Both fullbacks were at fault for the second goal, but I guess this is the risk we have to accept if we want to play fullbacks high up.

Good game overall, I think he could do better with crossing, he always goes for late crosses and they are often blocked. Maybe needs to mix it up a bit.
Crazy copium

Lindelof has covered AWB as the team lost the ball with him helping the right wing. McTominay then drops into Lindelof's position in the RCB role as he is a DM and thats his job. He lets the ball in behind him too easily and then Maguire allows the striker to get into position to turn the ball across in. Maguire was watching him, just didnt move his legs

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Crazy copium

Lindelof has covered AWB as the team lost the ball with him helping the right wing. McTominay then drops into Lindelof's position in the RCB role as he is a DM and thats his job. He lets the ball in behind him too easily and then Maguire allows the striker to get into position to turn the ball across in. Maguire was watching him, just didnt move his legs
k mate
I don't care really who was at fault, micro analysis is not my thing.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Yes, yes and yes. I like AWB and his improvement but he can be a lazy mofo at times. Why is he not busting a gut to get back there? He's not even jogging, he's walking back. Far from the first time that has happened.
Because someone else was covering that position. It's what they do in transitions. If the defender if upfield on a counter, the closest player fills the void. That was Pogba covering RB at that point. They didn't push because it didn't seem like a dangerous situation. As soon as the ball hit Lindelof, it looked as if it was Mctominay's for the taking. He didn't.

Kag

Anybody giving him pelters for his position in the build up to the second goal the other night is off their rocker. Players had covered for his position upfield and he remained where he was to provide an outlet in the event we won it back. Those covering (Lindelof, McTominay and Fred) were just poor.

Foxbatt

Anybody giving him pelters for his position in the build up to the second goal the other night is off their rocker. Players had covered for his position upfield and he remained where he was to provide an outlet in the event we won it back. Those covering (Lindelof, McTominay and Fred) were just poor.
Why is Lindelof involved in this? He covered AWB's position. Mikhi had three United players around him and they let him make that pass into open space. AWB does just jog back when they break. He rarely sprints back. Even Bruno and Rashford sometimes beat him to get back and defend.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Taking him out for 45 minutes made me appreciate just how good he is.

Nick7

Thankfully the season is nearly over because if he gets injured we are royally screwed.

Ekeke

Still doesnt get anywhere near enough credit for his defensive output. This is where he ranks in the world against his peers in fullback positions.

This is Maguire who would be our other strength in defending

Maguire and our other defenders can have lower numbers in their defensive percentiles because AWB is one of the best in the world at most of them and will reduce the amount of attacks we face. The one that he's not very good at, in the air, Maguire is very good at.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
Maguire and our other defenders can have lower numbers in their defensive percentiles because AWB is one of the best in the world at most of them and will reduce the amount of attacks we face.
I dont think it work that way. By looking at the numbers like that you ignore how a defence is organized. As an example, if you man-mark, like Leeds, you will make alot of tackles and interceptions. If you play zonal, like most other teams, you will probably make less.

Liverpool and Man City makes few tackles and interceptions. It is not just due to high possession-numbers, but also how they press and defend as a team.

I’m think AWB made good progress. But he still have poor positional awareness and is mediocre in the buildup. I worry that as we progress as a team his biggest attributes will be of less value to us, and his biggest weakness (buildup) will make him a problem for us. Hopefully he can continue improving.

Last edited:

RUCK4444

Outstanding player, have always said so and laugh when posters have suggested we ‘wasted so much money on him.’

He’s also developing well going forward as I expected. He’s much better on the ball than people realise due to his erratic dribbling style, he also has a very good ability to beat a man with pace or tidy turns, he has very good control under pressure and very rarely hoofs it out of play - instead always looking to link up and beat the press instead.

On the last point, this is something that has improved immensely under Ole. There is now a real desire for players to link and out-work the opposition press. For a long time it was safety first and put it in row z, from the likes of Smalling, Jones etc.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I'd love to see us start setting traps in the opposition's final third with AWB, his ability to win the ball should be used higher up the field allowing the front 4 to counter from him winning the ball

Aston Villa 1:3 Man Utd

Lassitude42

Passed to Pogba for the penalty and Greenwood for the 2nd. Slipped some nice intricate passes through today. Is developing into a fine player - will be exciting to see him next season.

Reactions: golden_blunder
Good game from AWB other than the time he overcommitted and let El Ghazi slip by him. Might seem simple but I loved how he drove forward and made a progressive pass to Greenwood for the second goal instead of just delegating to Bruno who was next to him. Sort of thing he seems to be making a conscious effort to do lately

villain

Hates Beyoncé

The guy is fantastic, has really come into his own this season. And nowhere near his prime.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
He's really improving as a player. He probably feels confident he belongs at the club and play with his more illustrious teammates.

Devil may care

My MOTM, was a threat going forward, played a smart pass for Mason's goal and made a big block against Watkins at 2-1.

rooney2009

Amazing game
He has improved so much
Just shows what happens when you give a young player time and game time

acnumber9

This is only his third full season as a professional really. He’s not without faults, but he’s held to an unfair standard I think.

Nick7

One little mistake when he missed a sliding clearance/tackle but that was it from what I could see. Good performance.

GueRed

He, Maguire and Bruno have been superb signings.

Aaron has the potential to get even better IMO.

More of the same this summer please..

Alemar

Decent performance and a valuable assist to Greenwood. His attacking output has definitely improved lately

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.