Foot: Right
Player Agent: Unique Sports Management
Squad Number: #29
Contract until: 30.06.2024
Contract option: Club Option 1 year
Outfitter: Adidas​

Last edited:

Zoo

AWB had a good debut season and there is more to come I think.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Daily Mail reporting he’s gone to Dubai against club advice and will now have to isolate for 14 days when he returns on Friday. Misses pre-season training and would have missed the England games had he been in the squad.

Bwuk

Daily Mail reporting he’s gone to Dubai against club advice and will now have to isolate for 14 days when he returns on Friday. Misses pre-season training and would have missed the England games had he been in the squad.
If true - idiot.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Hope he can learn how to trap, pass and cross a ball before he comes home.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
If true - idiot.
Absolutely.

If he has disregarded club advice so he can go to Dubai that's unbelievably irresponsible.

Gandalf

Apparantly AWB and the others in Dubai had permission because they are being given a longer break and not returning to training immediately. Makes sense as he looked exhausted in his last few games and with the quick turnaround he needs rest more than he needs practice.

Walters_19_MuFc

People will criticise his attacking output, but I very much doubt we'd have looked so vulnerable down the right if he were playing today. Lindelof was targeted all game, and unfortunately, we had no one of AWB's defensive prowess to cover for our defensive lapses.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
People will criticise his attacking output, but I very much doubt we'd have looked so vulnerable down the right if he were playing today. Lindelof was targeted all game, and unfortunately, we had no one of AWB's defensive prowess to cover for our defensive lapses.
Exactly.

The commentary was talking about how CP was targeting Lindelof and the space in between him and the RB and coming in from our RM aswell.

I think it was Neville who said recently (maybe said it because he was quite defensive too) that not all fullbacks have to turn themselves in to TAA to be useful when talking about AWB & they can turn in to be like azpilicuetas whilst learning how to help the attack from the runs and space they open etc.

Definitely missed his defensive game today.

Tony247

After yesterday's match AWB value and importance increased multifold. In his absence lindelof got exposed completely. It was he who was making lindelof look better by doing harder work of defending all the time.

Kearnkoff69

Great post. AWB may never be that truly elite two-way fullback, but he's a stud on the defensive side of things. Without him, not only did our attack look toothless but we were also defensively exposed.

Tony247

Great post. AWB may never be that truly elite two-way fullback, but he's a stud on the defensive side of things. Without him, not only did our attack look toothless but we were also defensively exposed.
AWB is the only united player who can claim he is the best in the world in what he does. No other united player can put claim like that. Surprised to see bruno got POTY award. How could they overlook AWB importance from day 1 of last season! Anyway...

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
AWB was first selected as RB when he was played there in youth team v first team practice match at Palace and he put Zaha in his pocket. (Damien Delaney told the story on OTB sport in Ireland a few months back). He would have improved our defensive performance hugely on Saturday.

Luton Town 0:3 Man Utd

Bwuk

Barely kicked the ball in the first half but Ole clearly has words at half time and he got forward.

He doesn’t even need to beat his man and get a cross in, he just needs to create space at a minimum. Far better performance in the second.

In the second half Wan-Bissaka repeatedly ran with the ball, attacked the space and put crosses in. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Honestly, if I were a more touchy feely type I may have cried tears of joy! :lol:

He'sRaldo

In the second half Wan-Bissaka repeatedly ran with the ball, attacked the space and put crosses in. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Honestly, if I were a more touchy feely type I may have cried tears of joy! :lol:

Just gotta let it all out mate :D

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I was slightly concerned with his performance in the 1st. Thankfully he woke up in the 2nd and took full advantage of the space infront of him while putting in some good balls with some decent link-up play too. More of that.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Better in the second half, and while we have to concede it was a Luton team tiring after giving a good account of themselves in the first half it was probably as energetic as we've seen AWB since midway through last season. Let's hope he keeps it up.

Brighton 2:3 Man Utd

-Supreme-

His positional play is worryingly bad, most of Brighton's chances and goals came in from the right and he consistently tucked in with the CBs even when Ole changed the formation to 3 at the back with him in the wingback position.

slored1

Williams should replace him for the next game. Absolutely shocking, a 1/10 performance.

snowkarl

"Best defensive full back in the world"

Caught out positionally about 20 times in one game.

He has one strength only: defending 1v1 on the wing where he is fully prepared. He is far below average at everything else.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
What a fraud this guy is. Those last 20 mins about 10 crosses came in and the man at the back post was free every single time. He's marking nobody in the middle. Absolute robbed blind from Palace. What a woeful footballer he is.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Needs to be dropped. Has been poor numerous games end of last season & now this performance. Cannot be guaranteed starting when he’s playing like this.

In 1v1 situations Wan-Bissaka is a brilliant defender. Its hard to dribble him. However, you can drag him with movement. When the ball is flying across the ball from the other side he looks completely lost. Goes back to what Rio said pre-match: no sense of danger in our defenders.

Idxomer

He's so lazy. Why does he keep jogging to his position all the time, you're not Messi ffs.

King Andow

Like a lost child out there. We'll need either Laird or Dalot to step up or a new, solid RB to give this guy competition.

Gopher Brown

Really poor positioning today. Kept getting dragged into the middle, even when Bailly was on. Should have been screaming at Greenwood to help cover him because nobody else feckin’ would.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He’ll get slated but Ole did him no favours. Let him get doubled up on all day.

Status
Not open for further replies.