Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
What changed? Defensively we went from having no attacks come down our right to having every attack come down that wing. He isn't even in position most times. Different instructions?
Him and Shaw are all over the place this season. I don't know why.

R77

Issues created by trying to make him more attacking aside, I think teams have worked out how to get past him easily in our current set up. Aside from Greenwood (who also drifts inward) and AWB, most of our team naturally gravitate toward the left. Overload that side, and it frees up masses of space down the right. It often pulls him inside just enough so that one of his primary skills is largely negated. That is, using the line to isolate and block players, make tackles, etc... From memory, the first Brighton game being an example. Chance after chance in the same area.

One of the reasons an established player on the right flank was so important this window. The team is somewhat unbalanced.

I may be wildly wrong, of course. Just what I see.

binary bot
Hope it gives him a confidence boost. His touch was infuriating but his attacking positioning much better.

Shiva87

Good goal from him today. Congrats on first career goal!

Clearly he is being asked to work on his attacking. Was almost playing as a winger most of the day today.

neilv93

What an outstanding finish, only bettered by the perfection that was the kneeslide celebration. Deserved goal and I would love to see him get into those positions more - that's the next step to elevate his game. Well done Aaron.

Ekeke

Great finish. Also made 1 great track back and tackle in a central area when Saint-Maximin was getting away from our midfield in the first half. Looked a bit more composed and comfortable finding passes in our buildup today, like the pass he put into Rashford before he made the run for his return and goal

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
‪Anyone who looks at this lad as a glass half empty is an utter fool. Got the uncoachable stuff down pat. Just needs guidance to round him off going forward. There’s a reason why Pep and City wanted him.

gajender

Great goal but did anybody else also notice prior to goal he was ignored quite a few times despite him being available in acres of space on the right by his teammates .

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Looked a bit more back to his best today. excellent goal too, just needs to do that sort of play more often. He seems to lack the courage to take the 1-2s but he did it lovely that time and it paid off.

LS17

He was getting in much better attacking positions today, hopefully it’s just been constantly drilled into him to do so and not just a one of because Mata was on the right and he had to. Also helps having more mobile CM’s to cover

-Supreme-

Aside from the goal, I thought his passing and touch have been off again.
This has been the case for some time now however I know he is much better than this as he looked good last season before the restart.

This will give him confidence. He’s never going to be a great player going forward, but he’s much better than he’s shown in the last few months.

this will help him. He smashed it in! I bet the next one goes into row x when he’s in that position,hitting it like that. Very pleased for him.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
He was able to attack because our CDM was doing much more of their work today.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I don’t think he was great. He wasn’t gel enough with our creative players when we are trying to attack.

Honestly, I think he needs to shoot more often when he’s in the penalty box. Very often especially today twice before the goal, he had chances & so much space to have a go like the one he scored but he decided to cross which end up being wasted since he has no ability to put a low crosses.

Wayne's World

Delighted for him. I don't understand some of the fans really having a go at him. I think he's a top class rightback and can only get better

dev1l

"He can't pass"
"He can't cross"
"He can't shoot"

But he can Score :)

Godfather

Delighted for him. I don't understand some of the fans really having a go at him. I think he's a top class rightback and can only get better
He had some really poor moments going forward, even today, so some of the criticism he gets is fair. Not to take anything away from him today. Was a great goal

The_Midfielder

He was getting in much better attacking positions today, hopefully it’s just been constantly drilled into him to do so and not just a one of because Mata was on the right and he had to. Also helps having more mobile CM’s to cover
The mobile CMs definitely helped ..

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Best performance from him in a while. Crossing was pretty woeful still but an excellent finish for the goal.

Number32

But.. but.. he can't plays football.

Let's hope it will boost his mentality going forward.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
You can tell with how happy the coaching staff were with that. Many many many hours are being spent on the training pitch to force this guy to be better at attacking. Unfortunately, he looks like a player that doesn't play football trrying to dribble in attack at times. The amount of training involved to mold him away from that must be immense

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He makes me laugh all the time. Everything about his football is weird.
Looks like an athletic celebrity playing a game for one of those charity matches. Just such an unnatural football player.

meamth

Have faith on our players. Have some faith.

I know this goal won't stop the negative posters here, but keep going Aaron.

Walters_19_MuFc

Was getting a bit of stick during the game, but so glad he got his first goal. What a tremendous finish, too! So happy for him!

dev1l

Have faith on our players. Have some faith.

I know this goal won't stop the negative posters here, but keep going Aaron.
The best a real fan can do for his team is get behind the team when things are not going so well.

Instead over here, we find lots of negative posters moaning before a ball is kicked

dev1l

This!
He looked much better when Mctominay moved into almost a RCB role and started helping him out on the right.
McTominay was very good today even if some dimwits over here won't admit it

Status
Not open for further replies.