Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
This!
He looked much better when Mctominay moved into almost a RCB role and started helping him out on the right.
Glad you saw it to, Mctomminay was doing a proper CDM role, dropping back in to defensive positions when needed.

It allowed our fullbacks to provide width all game & even when Pogba came on - he was able to get forward as a CM also because he wasnt stuck playing as a CDM because Mctomminay had that position well tonight. Pogba and Wan Bissaka got more forward than they have every single game this season because of the freedom given by our CDM work.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Aaron Wan-Bissaka got forward and lashed in a shot. I cannot tell you how happy that makes me and how much it makes me laugh. :lol:

If we can get some real threat from the full backs it will open the pitch up for us so much.

criticalanalysis

Aaron Wan-Bissaka got forward and lashed in a shot. I cannot tell you how happy that makes me and how much it makes me laugh. :lol:

If we can get some real threat from the full backs it will open the pitch up for us so much.
Same. I burst out laughing with bemusement (it went in?), confusion (wait that's inside the net?) and elation (wtf?!111 she cannae take the strain / system error) :lol:

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Who knows what this goal will do for his confidence. Might be the making of him from an attacking point of view.

Good to see he was always in the final third, available and willing. Hoping he can kick on from here.

Was defensively very good today.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I don't know if he was instructed to always too far on the right side, when we're attacking from left side. When the ball was on the left side, he needs to be on the box more often.

Trophy Room

He'll probably never score another goal again but well done to the lad - great strike. Towards the end of last season, he started doing the right things going forward, just requires a bit more development.

Obiorahking_

Having a shot like that in his bag is really nice especially since he lacks explosiveness/crossing 1v1. good 2 way performance overall

Devil may care

Looked revitalised and worked well with Mata and Bruno, great to see him score a goal, a corker to boot.

jesperjaap

I absolutely lauded the signing of Bissaka and really cant believe the level of criticism he has recieved. My rating of how far he can go admittedly has dwindled to a degree as I really saw a world class defender in the making, not sure I do now, but he can certainly be a very good one.

What I do like about him so far this season is that he seems to have been instructed to keep it much more simple and release the ball quicker, even with space. I think that will also really improve him if/once he gets the right right sided player in front of him (maybe Diallo).

Where he does hugely need to improve is his positioning and concentration though. The latter doesnt concern me so much but he cant over rely on his recovery pace and tackles at the highest level, so I hope improvements positioning wise can be drilled into him.

I thought he was the best right back prospect we had as a country ahead of Trent ALexander Arnold. I dont think that now, I actually think Reece James is all round, but I do still believe Bissaka can be a top class right back for us and was very pleased for him scoring today

El Zoido

He celebrated like he’s banging goals in like this every week. :lol: Fair play!

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Gave him of stick in recent weeks but fair play to him. He was very solid today.

SirMonteyne

He has unreal tackling ability, I have never seen someone who defends like him. Very happy for him. Hope he could tackle his some of his weaknesses in a near future

twitter thread suggester
Goal aside, he was crap yesterday. The fundamentals are just not there.

gajender

Goal aside, he was crap yesterday. The fundamentals are just not there.
Completely agree with this. Not counting the goal, he was as clueless in attack as ever.
Spot on but standard have been lowered to the extent where it passes as a good performance ,forget about his touch and general use of the ball he doesn't even attack the space more often then not he is on his heels and now with his limitations in defense also being scrutinized it seems we have again wasted big chunk of transfer budget on a player who would either need to be replaced or has to show tremendous growth to prove his worth .

Trigg

aka Trippin_Stoned
Still can’t believe someone sanctioned £50m for him. He’s as much a liability going forward as Shaw is on the other side.

Worryingly he’s not looked as good defensively as he did last season either.

Alemar

If Bissaka continues like this, he may end up with 6 or 7 goals in a season which would be fantastic for a defender

Fosu-Mens

Completely agree with this. Not counting the goal, he was as clueless in attack as ever.
I would say that his movement prior to the goal was like that of a winger, glad to see it and hopefully he can continue with these simple passes and movements. Suits his abilities a lot more than trying to dribble the ball down to the corner flag.

His first touch before shooting was bad and the way he hit the ball looked like the way people shoot with their weaker foot.

Andersons Dietician

Hopefully that goal kind of just injects some enthusiasm in to him as you could see after it he just seemed like something had changed.

Before that my god, I was all set for him never getting a game again. He is the laziest sod I think I’ve ever seen. If you get beat, don’t slowly jog back in to a position. Bust your ass to get back in to a position and set. It’s his worst flaw and he does it time and time again.

He‘s not the only one in the squad that does this but feck me I would have been livid with him if I was the manager. The least you can ask of someone is they put in the effort even if everything else is going to pot. People will appreciate it regardless if his attacking is average and his defending is Meh.

Cracking finish though, thought he’d screwed it by his touch taking it wide but awesome.

HowYouDoin

That goal was world class, not just the strike but the one two with Rashford and the movement off the ball leading up to it. Phenomenal goal, didnt even know he had that in his locker.

As for the rest of his game, it was beyond abysmal. There are times when he just doesnt look like a professional football and thats a damning indictment.
He didnt look like a Premier League player for most of the game and besides his tacklikg he is shocking at everything. Passing, first touch, positioning, I mean everything.

I am ready to drop him for Williams but lets hope the goal injects some enery and confidence in him.

Strelok

Really happy for him. The team congratulated him like he had scored a winner in a final, bet they were really surprised as well :lol:

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Some serious cases of late goal glosses over 90 minutes of shit by some people.

He had acres of space all match and provided nothing from it. The rest of the team even ignore him half the time because they know it’s a waste.

And you can’t even cling to his 1v1 defending yesterday as Saint Maximin ran us absolutely ragged down that entire side. Took the fecking piss every time he got it.

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
Thought he did pretty well throughout. More purpose to his play.

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
I love how he unexpectedly went inside where there was space and the rest was pretty nice too. As others have noted it was a bit of a wtf moment and i also couldn't help the big grin on my face. More of this!

croadyman

Really happy for him. The team congratulated him like he had scored a winner in a final, bet they were really surprised as well :lol:
Yeah hopefully that goal will give his confidence a bit of a boost now because hasn't looked good recently

Lassitude42

I thought he played well and hopefully it gives him more confidence. Yes his technique isn't the strongest but he's quick, strong and willing. If he can polish his attacking game I think we have a fine player on our hands.

We also need to support our players more. Saying he "provided nothing" when he scored and "Saint Maximin ran us ragged" when Newcastle created little are wide of the mark.

If he stays back he gets criticized for not contributing anything in attack. If he goes forward and gets little support defensively from the RW he's criticized for having "poor positioning". When he has to run the whole length of the pitch back to defend after pushing up he's "lazy" when he gets tired.

I think a lot of our opponents would regard him as our best defender, and whilst he has work to do going forward his potential is very high.

Status
Not open for further replies.