Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. StrangeHate

He is great in these sort of games. If he can add an attacking side to his game that would make him a top 5 RB in the world but we have been saying that for more than a year now.

Ekeke

Where are those who were saying AWB was a bad buy?
Quiet waiting till another match where we have most of the ball and he doesnt have the best control. Those posters dont know anything about defending, so a great defensive performance wont change anything for them sadly

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
He is great in these sort of games. If he can add an attacking side to his game that would make him a top 5 RB in the world but we have been saying that for more than a year now.
I dont see why he needs to add an attacking aspect to his game.

If we have AWB and Shaw as our defensive fullbacks and Telles and another RWB as our attacking fullbacks I think we have one of the most well rounded fullbacks at our disposal.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

He is a damn good tackler. I get a bit nervous when he is about to do one in our own box, but he always does it clean somehow :lol:

Shipperley

Supports
CPFC
Fickle much you lot? :lol: Opinion seems to veer from waste of space to second coming of Jesus whenever I visit this thread.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
You can see that he loves that kind of game - and opponent in Mbappe. He was fecking great tonight.

Dr. StrangeHate

I dont see why he needs to add an attacking aspect to his game.

If we have AWB and Shaw as our defensive fullbacks and Telles and another RWB as our attacking fullbacks I think we have one of the most well rounded fullbacks at our disposal.
We won't get money for another RWB. Telles is a necessity considering Shaws record.

Renegade

He loves one on one battle. That’s all he seems interested in. Genuinely world class in that department. It’s a shame the other side of his game is so far on the other side of the scale.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I have never been a fan but always said he's a tremendous tackler and he proved that tonight. Handled their attack very well.

Still think he's incredibly limited with the ball and once or twice looked lost when in the final third.

Had a really good game though purely for those last ditch tackles.

I have never been a fan but always said he's a tremendous tackler and he proved that tonight. Handled their attack very well.

Still think he's incredibly limited with the ball and once or twice looked lost when in the final third.

Had a really good game though purely for those last ditch tackles.
today worked well because of how dangerous Mbappe was, and it was more important to shackle him, than go forward. He doesn’t suit being a wing back, so whilst this formation worked brilliantly down the left, it doesn’t work so well on the right.

Wicked_Badger

His defensive decision making and concentration at 22 is hugely impressive. Yeah, he can definitely do more with the ball, but he’s young and has time to improve.

Great debut CL performance.

Nep77

Finally back to his best at what he is known for. After restart he hasn't been as good on defensive side as he was before but last two games it looks like he is getting back there.

el3mel

I chose him as my MOTM ! Was a pretty tough choice against Axel, Fred and De Gea but one has to be chosen and I can't ignore his colossal defensive performance tonight !

SAFMUTD

This are the kind of games where AWB shines the most, defensive masterclass.

Must be really frustrating to play against him.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Great stamina. He always comes at the right time, and always bang on target. He went round lots and pissed off each person after sliding in and out at will.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
I thought he'd forgotten how to play since the lockdown. This should give him a lot of much-needed confidence.

Alemar

Excellent defensive performance, he tackled the shite out of Neymar today. Now it’s time to ensure consistency of this performance levels!

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Those last two games will give him huge confidence boost, and rightly so.

Need to send him to summer attacking camp or something. But he's slowly getting better I think.

Tarrou

Fickle much you lot? :lol: Opinion seems to veer from waste of space to second coming of Jesus whenever I visit this thread.
I expect itss the people who don't rate him who post after a bad performance and vice versa

He's taken a lot of stick but worth remember he's 22 and still has a lot of room for improvement

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Those last two games will give him huge confidence boost, and rightly so.

Need to send him to summer attacking camp or something. But he's slowly getting better I think.
I just don't think he has the confidence yet to attack with pace consistently, he has done it on occasions, but needs to be doing it regularly. Thought his general play was better, only saw one really loose pass, but played Mbappe and Neymar well.

Devil may care

I don't know what this shaggery he's been up to off this pitch is about and I don't care wear he sticks his cock, he's back in Spider-Man mode for us on the pitch.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I just don't think he has the confidence yet to attack with pace consistently, he has done it on occasions, but needs to be doing it regularly. Thought his general play was better, only saw one really loose pass, but played Mbappe and Neymar well.
Yeah he definitely doesn't attack with purpose. We need to work now with him and Telles, hopefully one attacking fullback can teach him something.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Excellent defensive performance, he tackled the shite out of Neymar today. Now it’s time to ensure consistency of this performance levels!
Him and Mbappe must have gotten sick of the sight of him!

arthurka

To be fair many here have had his back but there are those who still think the game is still all about attacking. He is young that aspect of his game will only improve but his defending is second to non, Mbappe didn't get a sniff and that takes some doing.

criticalanalysis

I thought he'd forgotten how to play since the lockdown. This should give him a lot of much-needed confidence.
Absoluting reaching here but if the rumours are true, he did play post lockdown like if he had been using most of his energy off the pitch, if you know what I mean. It all makes sense :lol:

Good limited performance tonight. Every tackle he lunged went into I felt he was either too late or would concede a foul. Surprised the PSG players didn't nick an extra touch on the ball and then milk it. Credit to AWB for playing chicken with them though cause they definitely didn't want it.

Shipperley

Supports
CPFC
Is your User name after Neil Shipperley?
Unfortunately yes, one of my favourite Palace players growing up, had a fantastic partnership with AJ back in the day...proper big man/little man combo that was. Unfortunately I registered on here prior to you know what...

Walters_19_MuFc

Didn't expect any different tonight. These are the type of games he's made for. Solid as usual. Him and Axel pocketed Neymar and Mbappe.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Not really. Even his most ardent critics acknowledge that he's a great 1 v 1 defender, and games like this involve a lot of 1 v 1 defending. It's the other areas of his game that need to improve.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Unfortunately yes, one of my favourite Palace players growing up, had a fantastic partnership with AJ back in the day...proper big man/little man combo that was. Unfortunately I registered on here prior to you know what...
Yup

You are named after a right ol wanker

I reckon if you ask a mod they will change it for you. It’s a good reason

Shipperley

Supports
CPFC
To be fair many here have had his back but there are those who still think the game is still all about attacking. He is young that aspect of his game will only improve but his defending is second to non, Mbappe didn't get a sniff and that takes some doing.
Yes mate, he looks great in these games for the same reason he looked great for us week in and week out. I really hope you all continue to stick with him, he is 22 and is still anywhere from 4-8 years away from his peak. Will never be Cafu but, like you, I think he has plenty of time to develop that side of his game and will eventually become an unspectacular but effective attacking threat.

Not sure what you lot have done to him up there mind you, was always a shy and quiet lad when he was with us :D

tjb

AWB is a victim to fans who only want to be like other teams and therefore have no idea about tactics. AWB is a great defensive full back, our only problem having him is shaw is also relatively defensive. With telles and maybe a slight tweak in the system, he ll be amazing week to week

arthurka

Yes mate, he looks great in these games for the same reason he looked great for us week in and week out. I really hope you all continue to stick with him, he is 22 and is still anywhere from 4-8 years away from his peak. Will never be Cafu but, like you, I think he has plenty of time to develop that side of his game and will eventually become an unspectacular but effective attacking threat.

Not sure what you lot have done to him up there mind you, was always a shy and quiet lad when he was with us :D
Just love the way he goes about his business like nothing happened.. Love his sharpness and how he doesn't switch off. He is a great young player who hopefully continues to improve and grow in stature. Only players who have something special make Mbappe invisible.

Status
Not open for further replies.