Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Untd55

Probably the best one on one defender in the world. Ridiculously good at slide tackling.

Ekeke

Probably the best one on one defender in the world. Ridiculously good at slide tackling.
Basically everytime he slid in on a PSG player they appealed for a foul because they couldnt believe he won the ball. He won the ball.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Why is he so low on season rating? Have I missed a game when he fecked up? I thought he's rather reliable defender, with one great goal to his name already.

Tony247

Why is he so low on season rating? Have I missed a game when he fecked up? I thought he's rather reliable defender, with one great goal to his name already.
His first 3 games this season were very poor. Back to his best against PSG.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
He just reads it so well, and he seems to succeed every time he goes to ground which is a rare thing to have.

That last gasp block when he followed Mbappe was top quality.

poleglass red

Games like this ie top teams he always does well, his defending is top class. It's the games where we are trying to break stubborn, park the bus teams down, is where he suffers, due to his lack of attacking quality, I think that's why Ole was so determined to get Sancho, to reduce the attacking burden on AWB. But give him his dues, excellent against PSG and a nice goal v Newcastle. His recovery tackling is as good as it gets, so well timed and clean.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
The block on Mbappe was one of the best bits of defending I've seen in recent years. The frenchman cold not believe that.

Blood Mage

I'm nervous about developing faith in him again given how terrible he was for months prior to the Newcastle game. Hopefully he carries this form through the next few games because that was some performance from him last night.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Because people buy into a negative narrative
I think he was pretty poor until the Spurs game where he did a bit better but obviously the defence overall got absolutely buggered so it's hardly like he was going to get praised to high heaven. Same as De Gea even though the goals weren't really his fault.

I like Wan Bissaka but I think it's fair to call him out when he's not contributing. He wasn't great post lockdown either. Really enjoyed watching him again yesterday and hope he'll continue on a good run now.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I'm not surprised that soon as Mctomminay and Fred are back in the team that Wan Bissaka gets better.

He had a great debut all last season arguably until Pogba displaced Mctomminay and Fred after his return from injury.

This is not a go at Pogba but I feel that when he plays too deep he becomes something like a gravitic hole sucking everything in to him including the ball being lost in that area, players around him getting closer to him to provide cover and the unnecessary pressure that all builds up plus more.

Ekeke

Posters blaming him for when his RCB doesnt cover him at RB. Despite this being what happens at every other club

Bebestation

How many yellow cards & reds does this guy have?

It's crazy how many slide tackles he can do and come out with hardly a card ever in a season as far as I remember.

The guy just slides all across the penalty box and he never misses the damn ball.

I feel like he doesnt even allow the opposition to dive because he is so clean with the tackle all the time.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
People are bound to start getting on the end of his low crosses sooner or later, he puts them in a good area, in all honesty I think our strikers' movement could be a lot better in the box.

windco

He thrive playing park the bus football, but when we have 60-70% is when he is a liability

LoneStar

I'm not surprised that soon as Mctomminay and Fred are back in the team that Wan Bissaka gets better.

He had a great debut all last season arguably until Pogba displaced Mctomminay and Fred after his return from injury.

This is not a go at Pogba but I feel that when he plays too deep he becomes something like a gravitic hole sucking everything in to him including the ball being lost in that area, players around him getting closer to him to provide cover and the unnecessary pressure that all builds up plus more.
I agree; our defence performs much better when Pogba is not playing. We should only consider playing him in a more advanced position with when we have better holding midfielders than him, especially considering that’s the one area where we have a lot of reliable depth.

Also, re AWB monster defender. The look on Mbappe everytime he tackled him was great to watch. I can’t believe he times these tackles so perfectly.

Last edited:
Man Utd 0:0 Chelsea

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
His limitations going forward are a big problem.

To the point where he's lucky to be starting regularly for a top side given the importance that is placed on offensive contributions from fullbacks these days. At other clubs and under other managers his limitations in this regard would mean he simply isn't up to scratch, despite his defensive qualities.

Last edited:

Dinghy

It hurts to see him play football. Completely useless in games like this.

Renegade

We’ll be looking for a replacement in 2 seasons at least. Excellent tackler. That’s all.

el3mel

Another great defensive performance in a row. Can't fault him today. Very good.

Chicharito_

When he runs with the ball if he doesn't turn back he looks like he is just going to fall over!

We need a right footed Telles.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Jekyll and fecking Hyde.

In his own half, full Gandalf mode.

But when he crosses the halfway line, he gets everything wrong. Can't make a pass, cross, ball control. Everything is league 1 level over the halfway line.

Baffling player.

Bebestation

I dont hate on him. I think his attacking game is getting better but no where near consistently good yet.

I thought he had a good game and our whole attack was crap from the start so to pick AWB out is a bit weird.

Bruno, Mata, Rashford, Cavani, Pogba, Fred, Mctomminay, and bloody James were all crap attacking wise more than AWB was.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Noticeable how Chelsea let him have the ball time and again because they knew he would do nowt productive with it. Rubbish player for any side with designs on playing consistently good attacking football. No amount of flashy slide tackles will change that.

Zoo

He was very good I thought. Back to the Wan Bissaka of pre-lockdown.

arthurka

You lot need to realise he has no attacking help at all.. No winger that can out pace the defender. He was good again but our RW situation needs to get fixed ASAP. Another solid game form our right back but a shocking attacking threat from our wide players. Ole needs to get some stick for not finding a RW this summer.

Leonzo1

How on earth was he a winger at youth level? Genuinely looks clueless past the half way line. Again Solid at the back which is good to see considering how he started the season.

Bebestation

He was very good I thought. Back to the Wan Bissaka of pre-lockdown.
Exactly.

People picking on the same players again.

No one talks about Bruno doing crap all never mind anyone else of in our attacking team.

I thought wan Bissaka got in to some good spots aswell with the intention of attacking by himself on the right, more so than shaw for example.

Haddock

You lot need to realise he has no attacking help at all.. No winger that can out pace the defender. He was good again but our RW situation needs to get fixed ASAP. Another solid game form our right back but a shocking attacking threat from our wide players. Ole needs to get some stick for not finding a RW this summer.
I've come around to this view. He's actually not too bad at crossing but his instinct is for defending, not attacking. That said he is exceptionally clumsy/awkward on the ball and it makes him look worse than he sometimes is.

zurnalist

I don't really get the whining about how he is one of the best one on one defenders in the world but lacks attacking ability... His skills are VERY rare. More rare than defenders who are able to bomb forward but not able to defend.

I think he's been very-very good.

If he had a good winger supporting him, we wouldn't need that much of him on the attack.
It's just that we have no wing play at all on the right and he's just not the guy to carry the whole wing on his own.

Did really well today as he did against PSG.

Reactions: golden_blunder
Status
Not open for further replies.