Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I think he's really improved this season in many areas of his game. I don't think he will ever be a Luke Shaw on our right flank but he certainly carries more of a threat now and he gets up the pitch better too. If he can work on his defensive positioning, I don't see any reason he can't be a very good long term fullback for us.

Idxomer

Yeah, we need him fit and ready for every game till the end of the season.

Sylar

He had another piece of skill where he got away from two players but can't remember the minute.
He did well, was surprised he started as I was sure Williams would get the whole game

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I'm quite excited to see how he progresses.

Watching his skill and good crosses yesterday makes me feel it's all just a bit of confidence issue he deals with because he feels that RW is heavily controlled by him.

His crossings were never bad were they? He just never did it. Seems to whip a nice cross without even trying.

Sylar

Where he sort of bounced it off both feet? Was lovely. Might try and find that moment and get a clip from @GifLord
Yep this is the one reposted above by @Brightonian
Only thing is if he had put the ball ahead of Bruno? it would have been absolutely fantastic (but still good how he kept the ball under pressure)

Brightonian

I can't remember which manager said his team identified AWB as a weak link under pressure and targeted him, but we've seen a couple of teams do it. The result has been a rapid education in escaping the press. Every game he gets better at it. I think there are still often moments which feel a bit hairy because his control of the ball isn't the tightest, but how often do you actually see him lose it to pressure any more? Almost never. He uses his pace and his strength and isn't afraid to just drop it back off to his CB if necessary. And more and more he uses his flair to turn these pressed moments into opportunities, as you can see in those two gifs above.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
He's the complete modern RB. Gigantic signing.
He is getting better at attacking much earlier than Shaw did. No one wants to admit it too loudly. He whips a deadly ball in with almost no effort.

He has a confidence issue when attacking and by no means is he perfect defensively- but the guy will continue to improve.

I really hope we still go for Trippier in the next transfer window - Wan Bissaka competing and watching how Trippier plays his role behind wingers like Greenwood is going to be useful to him.

A fullback with 3 years only of experience of his role.

VivaObertan

Transfer Voyeur
He is getting better at attacking much earlier than Shaw did. No one wants to admit it too loudly. He whips a deadly ball in with almost no effort.

He has a confidence issue when attacking and by no means is he perfect defensively- but the guy will continue to improve.

I really hope we still go for Trippier in the next transfer window - Wan Bissaka competing and watching how Trippier plays his role behind wingers like Greenwood is going to be useful to him.

A fullback with 3 years only of experience of his role.
That would be an amazing signing, in the same way Cavani is for our younger forwards. Let's just hope he doesn't bet on the signing!

criticalanalysis

Suprised by the comments here. 1st half he lost the ball about 4-5 times with incredibly lax passing and overall I feel his positioning has been a bit lazy too.

Better 2nd half as he held good positions but understandably (and not at the same time), our team didn't really use him that much. I wouldn't call it a particularly good performance though.

I've said this many times here but he treats the ball as a 'free hit' regardless of the situation and position on the pitch. On the one hand it's good because he has 'confidence' but a lot of the times it's just really careless.

How many slow passes down the line to James, who's got two players breathing down his neck are you going to play? To be fair, Lindelof doesn't help because he's always happy to play the square ball to AWB and takes little responsibility with it.

Eternitiy

He's the complete modern RB. Gigantic signing.
He's not a natural defender. Poor in aerial duels and clueless positioning.

Great at last ditch tackles and in fairness he is improving his decisions in possession and ability on the ball.

Based Adnan

Very awkward player. Still feel like he's a square peg in a round hole but he put in 2 good deliveries today.

acnumber9

Probably in our top 3 performers despite not being all that good himself. Should back himself to run past players more because he can do it.

Zoo

Put in two great balls. The first one was defended very well by Ward and on the second one Rashford bottled out of the header. Shame for him.

Dinghy

Was shit going forward as usual except for that one cross. Not good enough.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
My biggest problem with AWB offensively is that he only puts in crosses if it's the only thing he can do. His first thought is to turn back and pass it to someone. The thing is, he puts in good balls quite a lot yet he typically has only 1-2 crosses per game. Today he had 3. It makes us so predictable. if you get in a good position to cross it, cross it.

As for his defense, he is probably the best 1 v 1 defender in the world. If his winger has the ball at his feet then he might as well turn back and pass it off because he isn't getting by. But without the ball, AWB really struggles. He is often too busy ball watching and leaves his guy just like we saw today when Henderson saved the game for us...

kundalini

One super cross that required fantastic defending to stop it reaching Cavani. A deep cross that Rashford almost reached. Apart from that, lacked the confidence to drive forward in possession and several times seemed to be asleep when Palace attacked, especially for Van Aanholt's chance late on.

Ludens the Red

The better Shaw gets the worse Wan Bissaka looks. Unfortunate for him but at the moment when Shaw gets the ball on the left, you sense something will happen. He’ll go forward with and without the ball.
When Wan Bissaka gets the ball, you just know feck all is about to happen.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
He's just so bad at building anything out from the back. Once he gets in dangerous positions he tends to put in ok deliveries into the box, but he's a big reason we struggle to play down the right. Combine that with Greenwood doing nothing but turning back inside every time he got the ball and we've just got no build-up on that side.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
He put in two good crosses. One where he put across the face of goal that our forwards failed to attack and the one he put in for Rashford near the end. His performance was nothing special but he did okay and was probably our third best player.

Bwuk

If Inter are f*cked financially we need to get Hakimi off them as AWB will never be the answer against sides like Palace.

acnumber9

My biggest problem with AWB offensively is that he only puts in crosses if it's the only thing he can do. His first thought is to turn back and pass it to someone. The thing is, he puts in good balls quite a lot yet he typically has only 1-2 crosses per game. Today he had 3. It makes us so predictable. if you get in a good position to cross it, cross it.

As for his defense, he is probably the best 1 v 1 defender in the world. If his winger has the ball at his feet then he might as well turn back and pass it off because he isn't getting by. But without the ball, AWB really struggles. He is often too busy ball watching and leaves his guy just like we saw today when Henderson saved the game for us...
I think he lacks confidence. He’s still a young, very inexperienced player. And he looks quite shy and timid too. Hopefully he grows more confident because I believe he can do it.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
He needs to make the run on the outside more often. It opens the game up and means whoever's on the ball on the inside has options. Bit tired of seeing him run up to the 18 yard box and then stop expecting it to feet.

Also, I'd like to see some variation in his crosses. It's either low along the floor or shanked horribly over. If he could add that level of finesse to his game, we'd have a great offensive RB.

Born2Lose

Him and Shaw suffer because we are playing very one dimensional players in front of them. The amount of work they are expected to do is mental.

Status
Not open for further replies.