5.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top performance yesterday. Looked so different with those burst of pace to get past his man, good low crosses into the box and lovely link up play. Probably his best performance in a Utd shirt.

Agree with others in saying that he’s still a baby in terms of professional football. In 3/4 years time he’ll be a beast.

Andersons Dietician

He was pretty poor first half and he has this really bad habit of playing people in to trouble but second half he was transformed.

Deery

Dreary
I thought he was brilliant yesterday was getting my pick for Motm before Cavani popped up with the winner.
I’m happy for him after all the stick the moaners have been giving him lately, I have always thought he was a good player.

Based Adnan

Thought it was a weird one and a game of opposites for him yesterday.

Thought he done well to get on the ball and drive forward to help us beat the press but let himself down a bit defensively. Didn't cover himself in glory for the goal and Tottenham's two other chances from Son and Kane both came from him getting sized up 1v1 and then allowing the shot to get away which Hendo saved with his legs both times.

Overall still a good game, especially in the second half.

-Supreme-

He must be one of the fittest players in our squad, has been playing without rest and no injuries.

Sylar

Hes getting better. I think he still has those moments where he would rather pass it sideways to a better player despite them being crowded rather than trying to take on a guy one on one, which is annoying as hes sometimes so good at it.

But hes reliable as we know he will be there every game.

Man Utd 2:0 Granada

A-man

When the opposition is this poor, it is like stealing sweets from kids for him. But he must be able to contribute more offensively.

OverratedOpinion

I am not sure he is the answer going forward, I think one of our biggest issues is playing a young striker at right wing and a right back who is pretty average on the ball. With that said he gives one or two moments per match that gets the adrenaline going and bring a smile to your face. No right winning the ball at one point in the first half, made it look so nonchalant as he took it.

I mean this as a compliment, he would probably be one of the best mid table defenders of all time.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He falls asleep far too often for my liking, that ball over the top on his side is always on. I'm beginning to worry about his technical limitations, despite his tackling ability. Perhaps I'm being harsh but just my feelings on him.

Litch

Thought aside from one pass, he was outstanding last night....

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
We have been quite fortunate/visionary with all of Ole's signings being so incredibly fit. We went through an season without having to realize the massive drop off in quality at right back to Williams.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Thought aside from one pass, he was outstanding last night....
I thought he was poor on the ball all night actually, several passes went wildly astray. Fantastic tackling though, I think it was just a lack of concentration on the ball which you can forgive to an extent given the low stakes in the game.

TrustInOle

He falls asleep far too often for my liking, that ball over the top on his side is always on. I'm beginning to worry about his technical limitations, despite his tackling ability. Perhaps I'm being harsh but just my feelings on him.
This is one of my issues with him, he does tend to loose track of his man when our team push over to the left hand side to press. In terms of his limitations, I think he is definatley becoming more confident carrying the ball forward, being young though, he can still very much improve.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
I thought he was poor on the ball all night actually, several passes went wildly astray. Fantastic tackling though, I think it was just a lack of concentration on the ball which you can forgive to an extent given the low stakes in the game.
I don't agree at all, he was very good all game, apart from that one wayward crossfield pass, and the poor cross, which we eventually scored from, I was thinking, as I watched the match, how well he was playing when he was on the ball, his passing was excellent.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
You're right that he tends to be asleep sometimes, but he usually still gets back and gets a tackle in. I'm more concerned that he sometimes switches off when he's at the back post.
He's certainly young enough to improve, which he definitely has this season, let's see if he can overcome those deficiencies next season.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Didn´t stop Gary Neville to be one of the best fullbacks in the country right? AWB has a lot to offer, he may look awkward at times but itś mostly his agility and balance which make him do things which other footballers wouldn´t so the ball can stuck under his feet at times. Still raw but plenty of potentil. What I see as a potential game changer is his confidence. He´s been here for a long time now and ever sicne his arrival he´s a starter but he needs to be a bit more brave going forward, usual he´s pretty basic but then has a game where he´s flying and showing some skills oto, it´s just a matter of confidence. And obviously as a FB, you can´t take on players regularly but he´s got great recovery speed and shouldn´t be too passive when we go out and attack.

So I don´t see the skillset and particularly his technical skillset as an obstacle rather his mentality.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
I don't agree at all, he was very good all game, apart from that one wayward crossfield pass, and the poor cross, which we eventually scored from, I was thinking, as I watched the match, how well he was playing when he was on the ball, his passing was excellent.
87% pass completion apparently. Not bad but the game before he was at 91.5%. Plus the passes he gave away were in dangerous positions and Granada are not as good as Spurs. But like I said, I think it was just a bit of lack of focus, nothing overly concerning given the nature of the game.

Lassitude42

I think it's easy sometimes to take his defensive abilities for granted. After the disaster that was Ashley Young at right back, we shouldn't forget how re-assuring it is to have him at right back when an opposition left winger has the ball at his feet.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Glad he’s gone down the route of offering an attacking threat through carrying the ball and playing simple passes in good areas. If keeping it simple is what allows him to play with confidence, the demands for him to do more are entirely counterproductive. Would be happy with these performances for the rest of his career. If he does make any significant improvements, I’d be much more interested in him learning how to track runners on crosses than learning how to cross himself.

meamth

I don't understand the perception towards him being technically incompetent.

Technique doesn't have to be flashy or beautiful, but effective and simple.

I've seen some difficult high balls, or hard passes from his teammates and 9 out of 10 times this guy is able to control it.

Ekeke

Poor for their goal I thought, Tarkowski just brushed him off like a feather.
He's a heavyweight CB who went right though Maguire. Compared to them he is a feather and so are 99% of right backs. Always weird when you give someone who is such a big threat in the air to someone like AWB where its clearly not an area he's very good in.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
He's a heavyweight CB who went right though Maguire. Compared to them he is a feather and so are 99% of right backs. Always weird when you give someone who is such a big threat in the air to someone like AWB where its clearly not an area he's very good in.
Yeah that's fair he should never be tasked with marking/following Tarkowski in the first place.

Ekeke

Yeah that's fair he should never be tasked with marking/following Tarkowski in the first place.
I havent rewatched but I cant imagine that Pogba, McTominay, Maguire, Lindelof and Shaw were all marking more important players. IIRC then some of them are marking zonally, in which case AWB wouldnt be expected to mark his man out anyway. Maguire should command his zone, its what hes there for

Devil may care

He was part of the clusterfeck for their goal but overall he was good and is really improving on the ball.

Good game from him going forward. He's getting more comfortable at that lateral out ball under pressure which completely opens up the field when teams focus their press on our right side.

AshRK

One of his better games going forward. Defensively he is always a top defender. Good performance.

lost7

Thought he was good today, probably one of our better players against Leeds and surprisingly he was pretty good going forward and showed flashes of dribbling that I didn't think he had in his locker

Dinghy

Must be the best game I've seen of him. His touch looked fantastic today.

AgentSmith

Excellent today. Looked much more technically assured and was well able to handle Leeds’ physicality.

Status
Not open for further replies.