Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

TSE123

Anyone could give away that penalty, so whatever.

His general defensive mistakes and positional problems are the bigger issue. If you're that weak going forward then you have to be exceptionally good defensively and that means a lot more than just tackling.

He just isn't all that good a fullback.
Agree with you. The penalty was a mistake any defender could make. But the rest of his game, except for some nutmegs was poor.

SER19

Won't be at the club next August. I like him and thought his first season showed plenty of promise but hes absolutely dreadful now and even allowing his defensive form to return he doesn't look like a footballer when attacking

Kag

He’s been shocking this season, but the penalty is one of those ones you concede every now and then. It’s clumsy, but a little unlucky, too.

He needs a rocket, mind.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
I said there are atleast 10 right backs in epl whom I would take above him and I was crucified here for saying it.

Apologies, I am repeating this very often but can't digest the fact we spent 50m on him. Such a horrible awful signing.

Just give Dalot a run on the side.

Kopral Jono

Eh? I thought he was alright, a few brainfarts here and there but all in all quite solid and did what he had to do.

Hoof the ball

You can't be good at tackling and terrible at positioning, heading, anticipation and composure on the ball and still be known as a good defender.

"1 out of 5 ain't bad. He's almost 2 out of 5 this season. Getting better."

El Jefe

I thought the penalty was pretty unlucky to be ripping into him for it, Thiago Silva just appears in front of him from behind suddenly when he's clearly trying to clear the ball. However, wasn't his best game on the ball at all. Made a nice block from Werner all the same.
Agree with all of this. Thought the pen was unlucky but he didn't have a good game tbh.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He's so poor on the ball and a bomb scare off it.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
I said there are atleast 10 right backs in epl whom I would take above him and I was crucified here for saying it.

Apologies, I am repeating this very often but can't digest the fact we spent 50m on him. Such a horrible awful signing.

Dalot is even worse. Baffling we spent anything on him.

IhabX7

AWB is twice the player Dalot is.

Dempsey19

As much as I like dislike AWB, Dalot is even worse.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
He’s been shocking this season, but the penalty is one of those ones you concede every now and then. It’s clumsy, but a little unlucky, too.

He needs a rocket, mind.
Yep, what's most frustrating about him is some of the things he CAN do and then the most simple things he can feck up.

Case and point where he ran it out from RB, evaded quite a few tackles, got passed the halfway line and managed to just pass it directly at the Chelsea player to lose the ball. Tearing my hair out.

He'll be on the watch list for the new manager, needs to shape up.

BuzzKillington

I actually can’t think of a player, current or former, who’s actually as bad at football as AwB is. Control, dribbling, and even his passing are all awful. His positioning is questionable half the time, and his awareness of what is going on around him seems lacking a lot of the time. He’s basically got a good range of tackles, and that’s about it.

He may not give the ball away too much with his passing, but most of his passes are just not accurate and a player has to stop his run to collect the pass. Or, he ends up having to go backwards or sideways from a promising position, killing any momentum.

To the people saying it can be coached out of him i really don’t see it. Just sign a new right back and get rid, let’s not waste anymore time on him.

meamth

Amazingly stupid challenge that to give Chelsea the pen but yeah, people are just hating on him. :houllier:
It was an instinct to clear the ball.

Given the inconsistency of the new penalty rule, which should rule out that penalty to be honest.

New penalty rule states that it must be a clear scoring chance. That was a 50-50 in a box with the attacker facing the goal backwards.

Never a penalty in my opinion, not to mention the first corner before that one is falsely given.

Shit refereeing.

Apart from this moment, AWB played well tonight. Nothing like overboard reactions described here.

EDIT:
He also redeemed that penalty with that block, even things out, really.

Bratone

He is one of the worst starting fullbacks in the PL and that says a lot. People talk about the penalty but Rudiger's last chance also came from a horrible mistake by AWB who just let him completely free in the box and decided to stand still and watch him hit that ball. If Rudiger scored there the goal would have been 100% on AWB.

Just get rid of him, every time I watch him on the ball or watch him trying to defend without tackling my eyes are bleeding. I think he is for sure Ole's worst signing and one of our worst ever transfers considering how much we paid for him.

Ludens the Red

Tomiyasu
James
Azpiclicueta
Perreira
Justin
Castagne
Trent
Lamptey
Walker
Cancelo
It’s scary that this comment is actually true. 50 million. Though I’m hoping Ralph can get him going because to be honest he has the physicality and attributes to be a lot better. He just looks like one of those players who hasn’t been developed at all due to our abysmal coaches and he still seems so raw and has so many bad habits that should by now have been eradicated.

Jaykespeare88

I dunno man, Arnault feckin Danjuma had Dalot on toast, that pen was really unlucky, I don't understand why he isn't improving, close control and dribbling isn't massively intensive so it should be combined into his training regime. Strikes me as another quite dim and timid character, too many of those in our squad.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
Thought he was dreadful. No awareness of what's going on around him. Lucky at the end when he had no notion of where Rudiger was, which happened a number of times in the game. Non entity going forward especially compared to the like of James on the other side

Sylar

Even the penalty aside, I just find him dreadful.

Watching him try and get past James around the corner at the end was like watching a fourth grader read Ulysses.

He’s out of his depth going forward, and in these times that’s a no-go when it comes to fullbacks.
Penalty is whatever, it's silly cos it showed lack of composure

However his positioning is always so bad. There was a chance in the first half where he got under a header and it happens so many times. Or when he went to sleep but his pace got him back to rob the ball

His attacking is annoying but his defending does not compensate for it

DutchCruijff

Once again, put him for sale in January and get a new RB in.

No rotation with a new RB. No squad player antics.

Sell him. Keep Dalot.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
The most wan bissaka moment was when he fought well to take the ball to the halfway line, which meant there was nobody to cover him, so only to lose it when attempting to make the easiest pass in the world and then he had to sprint back to position.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He wouldn't play for our rivals.
A Manchester United RB in 2021 can be this limited in possession. It's just not acceptable.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
I was wondering if you were going to say this one and praying you did. Just exposes the agenda/how easily influenced you are. Livramento could be a great FB in time but this just exposes you as being unbelievably biased. The guy has 2 PL apps.

TAA, James, Walker I believe are better all round full backs. Cancelo is a better player although I think he'd be average in our setup. Azpi as RB in a back 4 is average. Ricardo hasn't been better than AWB since 18/19.
You still here mate ? Think that I'm unbelievably biased ?

Red_Manc_M15

The most wan bissaka moment was when he fought well to take the ball to the halfway line, which meant there was nobody to cover him, so only to lose it when attempting to make the easiest pass in the world and then he had to sprint back to position.
That had me screaming at the tv mate. The easiest of passes to balls it up.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
I don't think he's good enough for United. We should sign trippier in January.

He can't attack at all and now his defending is sloppy too.

avgp_1

AWB is the best player to have while training for counter pressing. Everytime we pass the ball to him, we have 8 secs to win the ball back from the opposition

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
There was one moment where he danced around 2 or 3 players with some drags and dummies, somehow kept the ball against the odds and wriggled back inside, and then just toe-poked it back to a Chelsea player. It just sums him up. Does some good things, and then just undoes it all.

He is very talented, but he just doesn't seem to know how to use it.

kundalini

I've lost patience with Wan-Bissaka. He was very fortunate to get such a long run of games under Solskjaer. Never got the sense that he understood where he should be positioned in different situations. Utterly hopeless when dealing with crosses from the opposition's right.

Status
Not open for further replies.