Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

quirkey

Dalot has three assists in 43 games for United. Wan Bissaka has 10 in 117. Wan Bissaka is better in every area of the game. One good pass won’t change that. Although Dalot is better at throwing in step overs for no reason.
Wan Bissaka wouldn’t get in the following teams first XI:
Man City (Walker)
Chelsea (James)
Arsenal (Tomiyasho)
Liverpool (TAA)
Aston Villa (Cash)
Everton (Coleman)
West Ham (Coufal)
Brighton (Lamptey)
Leicester (Castagne/Perreira)
Southampton (Livramento)
Norwich (Aarons)

To be honest some of the others are questionable. To be better than Dalot is inconsequential.They are both a sign of the clubs negligence in the transfer market.

acnumber9

Man City (Walker)
Chelsea (James)
Arsenal (Tomiyasho)
Liverpool (TAA)
Aston Villa (Cash)
Everton (Coleman)
West Ham (Coufal)
Brighton (Lamptey)
Southampton (Livramento)
Norwich (Aarons)

To be honest some of the others are questionable. To be better than Dalot is inconsequential.They are both a sign of the clubs negligence in the transfer market.
It’s not inconsequential in the context of the post I quoted or who should start for Man United. I’d question half those listed. Coleman sticking out like a particularly sore thumb. I can only assume you haven’t watched Everton in about 8 years.

quirkey

It’s not inconsequential in the context of the post I quoted or who should start for Man United. I’d question half those listed. Coleman sticking out like a particularly sore thumb. I can only assume you haven’t watched Everton in about 8 years.
Fair point on the context of your post, I’m just slightly bewildered by anyone defending AWB. In relation to Coleman I am Irish, I have seen plenty of him over the last 8 years. He is, by far and away, a superior player than AWB. For as long as he has a hole in his arse, AWB will not be an elite footballer. Mark my words in 5 years he will be playing for Congo and Coventry.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Fair point on the context of your post, I’m just slightly bewildered by anyone defending AWB. In relation to Coleman I am Irish, I have seen plenty of him over the last 8 years. He is, by far and away, a superior player than AWB. For as long as he has a hole in his arse, AWB will not be an elite footballer. Mark my words in 5 years he will be playing for Congo and Coventry.
Haha. Are you sure you've watched Coleman this season? He's a horror show. He was particular good against Liverpool, let every one in.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Man City (Walker)
Chelsea (James)
Arsenal (Tomiyasho)
Liverpool (TAA)
Aston Villa (Cash)
Everton (Coleman)
West Ham (Coufal)
Brighton (Lamptey)
Southampton (Livramento)
Norwich (Aarons)

What a load of garbage. Cash is keeping AWB out the team, Jesus wept.

Bwuk

I think he’ll be the first of the regular starters phased out by Ragnick.

Ace of Spades

Agreed, and with a more aggressive press I think it will help out a lot. Laird, Dalot or Wlliams anyone of them should be a better option than AWB. At least, in a more traditional role

Apart from tackling he is average to poor at a lot of the other things, not to mention he is as much of a hindrance as a help.

If he is played, tweak the play, to maybe have him just sit back and have one of the CBs push up as all of them are better on the ball than him. With AWB, our moves just end up dying on the right. No wonder we attack more from the left.

TrustInJanuzaj

He’s getting abit underrated now. He’s not even that bad on the ball. Looks clumsy at times but he rarely gives it away. Least of our problems.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
He’s getting abit underrated now. He’s not even that bad on the ball. Looks clumsy at times but he rarely gives it away. Least of our problems.
It's the cafe.
Someone has a spell out of form, in a team with terrible coaching where almost everyone looks poor, and suddenly he's one of the worst in the league.

Let's see how he plays under a proper coach.

TrustInJanuzaj

It's the cafe.
Someone has a spell out of form, in a team with terrible coaching where almost everyone looks poor, and suddenly he's one of the worst in the league.

Let's see how he plays under a proper coach.
I swear this place didn’t used to throw all the players under the bus years ago but maybe I misremember. I just think in the right team AWB could be a real weapon, think afew have forgotten he’s probably the best 1 vs 1 defender in world football, surely a decent team/coach can make use of that?!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I swear this place didn’t used to throw all the players under the bus years ago but maybe I misremember. I just think in the right team AWB could be a real weapon, think afew have forgotten he’s probably the best 1 vs 1 defender in world football, surely a decent team/coach can make use of that?!
All clubs have knee jerk clowns, it's just that United is the biggest of all the clubs, with way more fans. So therefore it's inevitable the more dissenting, or angrier views come to the fore more.

But you can imagine what this place would have been like after not winning a game back in even Fergie's peak days!

TrustInJanuzaj

All clubs have knee jerk clowns, it's just that United is the biggest of all the clubs, with way more fans. So therefore it's inevitable the more dissenting, or angrier views come to the fore more.

But you can imagine what this place would have been like after not winning a game back in even Fergie's peak days!
Yeh good point. I’m guilty of having my favourites as I’m sure we all are but It does go abit far at times on here.

Long Time Red

Couldn't disagree more.

Rangnick wants ball winners and AWB had more tackles and interceptions per 90 in 2019-20 season than any other United player and only Fred did last season.

He pretty much neutralises every top left winger in the world and combine that with his ball winning ability will see him be mainstay under Rangnick.

Red Rash

Whilst I agree he isn't terrible on the ball, the main issue is that he isn't as good on the ball as the top full backs in the league.

At the moment I don't think his attacking game is good enough for what we need and it prohibits us from having as much attacking threat down the right hand side as we need.

He can still improve and hopefully Rangnick is able to bring another dimension to his game but I think the way Rangnick will want to play will require players with more attacking threat than AWB currently provides

TrustInJanuzaj

Whilst I agree he isn't terrible on the ball, the main issue is that he isn't as good on the ball as the top full backs in the league.

At the moment I don't think his attacking game is good enough for what we need and it prohibits us from having as much attacking threat down the right hand side as we need.

He can still improve and hopefully Rangnick is able to bring another dimension to his game but I think the way Rangnick will want to play will require players with more attacking threat than AWB currently provides
I agree he’s not as good on the ball that’s a given. But he’s a far far better 1 vs 1 defender. I just feel in the right team that’s a huge asset. Not every player needs to be a worldy on the ball. I personally think that would become clear with a decent coach and a better midfields easing AWB on the ball.

Blood Mage

Wan Bissaka isn't terrible by any means but I think Dalot is a better footballer and I would like to see him get a run in the team.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
While I'm in no hurry to write WB off like a lot seem keen to, I'm excited to see if Rangnick can get anything out of Dalot, as most of us have written that 20m off.

Bwuk

Couldn't disagree more.

Rangnick wants ball winners and AWB had more tackles and interceptions per 90 in 2019-20 season than any other United player and only Fred did last season.

He pretty much neutralises every top left winger in the world and combine that with his ball winning ability will see him be mainstay under Rangnick.
He’s completely re-active rather than proactive. I’d put money in him being phased out.

Long Time Red

He’s completely re-active rather than proactive. I’d put money in him being phased out.
He's just turned 24, he isn't the finished article.

I'm pretty confident with some proper coaching he can go up a few levels.

I'd also hope any funds available would be used for midfielders and attackers.

Spending big money on an attacking right back isn't going to improve our league position anywhere near as much as buying a quality midfielder or striker.

LJJT

If some one gets hold of him and gets him to stop going out on the town a couple days before a game he will probably get better. There’s a good player in there, especially for the big games

MasterCode

Couldn't disagree more.

Mate it's like people have no idea how Ralf sets up teams.
Ball winners are a premium to RR and players having speed. Both things AWB possess a lot of. I don't think Aaron will ever be a TAA in his final ball. But I so think he can be coached to deliver cut backs and fizzing it accross the 6 yard box.

Winning the ball and turning it over for quick counters are something I think he will probably try and coach into him.

Based Adnan

If some one gets hold of him and gets him to stop going out on the town a couple days before a game he will probably get better. There’s a good player in there, especially for the big games
Not surprised to hear this. Between cheating on his pregnant Mrs with Lingards ex who then went on to leak the pictures and driving whilst being disqualified for speeding he seems to be a bit of an idiot.

Long Time Red

Mate it's like people have no idea how Ralf sets up teams.
Ball winners are a premium to RR and players having speed. Both things AWB possess a lot of. I don't think Aaron will ever be a TAA in his final ball. But I so think he can be coached to deliver cut backs and fizzing it accross the 6 yard box.

Winning the ball and turning it over for quick counters are something I think he will probably try and coach into him.
Yep, I think he will look a lot better with Sancho in front of him too as he has much better vision and passing to find some of the basic runs he makes.

Greenwood and Dan James aren't anywhere near Sancho's level in that regard and I think AWB has suffered because of it. He's never going to be TAA in terms of final ball but TAA is never going to lockdown wingers like AWB.

It's a question of can he be functionable for what we need and in my opinion the answer is yes.

acnumber9

Being Irish would explain it then. That’s an astonishing amount of bollocks right there.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Man City (Walker)
Chelsea (James)
Arsenal (Tomiyasho)
Liverpool (TAA)
Aston Villa (Cash)
Everton (Coleman)
West Ham (Coufal)
Brighton (Lamptey)
Southampton (Livramento)
Norwich (Aarons)

Awful knee jerk post

Kirisatha96

Man City (Walker)
Chelsea (James)
Arsenal (Tomiyasho)
Liverpool (TAA)
Aston Villa (Cash)
Everton (Coleman)
West Ham (Coufal)
Brighton (Lamptey)
Southampton (Livramento)
Norwich (Aarons)

Aweful take. Definitely one of the best pure one on one defenders in the world. His final product isn't horrible. His attacking side had defintely improved since he joined. Given all of that, with a good coach, he has a lofty ceiling to be reached.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I won't mark your words, I will just make a post 5 years ahead of time. This post is nonsense.

Trequarista10

Clean slate for AWB now. Will be interesting to see if he can take on board and implement what the new regime want. His biggest downfall us his decision making and understanding of the game, which is what Rangnick is touted as being able to coach...

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Like this is what I don't get either.. People constantly talking about how we should sell Wan Bissaka to get our money back.

Surely Wan Bissaka is good enough to be our 2nd RB in the squad - he has been talked about as the best 1vs1 defender in world football and even if he doesn't start; a good manager can utelise that and also try and make Wan Bissaka a more well rounded player.

quirkey

Being Irish would explain what?
It wasn’t casual racism, he was alluding to being biased. Which I wasn’t. Coleman is a far more accomplished fullback than AWB. Yes he had a bad mistake against Liverpool but that doesn’t outweigh years of consistency.

People on here are deluded, just because he is at Utd doesn’t mean he will come good. He’s just not very talented bar a few last ditch tackles.

studs

Bias. Coleman has been gash for years.
He is not gash, he is just alot older than AWB. He would do a better job in the team now than AWB would. AWB is just awful, three years in and he is the same player that got here with no improvement. If he didn't learn something in that time, no other manager will make any difference to him. He will be gone soon enough.

acnumber9

He is not gash, he is just alot older than AWB. He would do a better job in the team now than AWB would. AWB is just awful, three years in and he is the same player that got here with no improvement. If he didn't learn something in that time, no other manager will make any difference to him. He will be gone soon enough.
He is though. Age is irrelevant when discussing who is currently the better player anyway.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Wan Bissaka's performance vs Sterling was one of my favourite single United player performances ever.

Really hope that a proper coach can get him going because he hasn't improved enough and when the whole team is struggling he can even look like he regressed a bit.

As people hate to admit though, he has still been our best fullback this year and probably been one of our top 3 defenders (Varane, Lindelof, Wan Bissaka) in my opinion with his on the line blocks etc.

Last edited:

studs

He is though. Age is irrelevant when discussing who is currently the better player anyway.
As I said he would do a better job in the team than AWB as of now. He is older and wiser so that make age revalant over AWB who is young and doesn't seam to learn and lacks any intelligence.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
He's not good.

If people want to say he's underrated on the ball and has improved his final product, whatever. He's still worse on the ball than most starting fullbacks in the league. At a club of our size, that's a big problem.

And he repeatedly makes defensive mistakes. It would be one thing if he was rock solid defensively while being weak on the ball but he is far from it. In fact if he was really good on the ball then he'd be a player we describe as making up for his defensive lapses with his offensive ability. As is he's a defensive fullback who makes defensive lapses.

Status
Not open for further replies.