Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Should we really be sending Laird to Bournemouth for the rest of the season?
Tricky call alright.
He is 20 and has played 45 games since last Jan on loan. The last 12 months have been pretty successful for him. Probably best to let him stay out on loan get another 20+ games this season.

Walters_19_MuFc

Good first half. Arguably our best player with Greenwood. The both linked up well.

Going wing-back fecked him up. In hindsight, Rangnick should have probably gone with Sancho at RWB, Shaw at LWB, and Varane, AWB and Jones as centre backs.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
First half he put 2 crosses and second half, he was back to being average. Let's stop glorifying our players for nothing.

Rajma

Cannot wait for us to get rid off this joker, awful in every department. Will be happy to recoup even 10M for this clown. He’s always switched off during the game and that episode during Ronaldo back pass just summed him up. Total embarrassment.

choccy77

Awful performance tonight.

Having him up front crossing is a liability to this team and another position along with the left side that needs replacement.

Pace Abuser

When so called professionals drop 50 million on players like this, I do believe I know more than these paid professionals.

Chairman Steve

AWB would have been great in the 90s and early 00s when full backs were just winged defenders who could put in a decent cross once in a while. Unfortunately we live in an era now where full backs are essentially the new wingers as the wingers have all become floating centre forwards who appear wide when off the ball.

slored1

Remember that article when it said that out of 8,000 right-backs, AWB was our first choice due to some advanced analytics. How the feck does anyone watch this guy and think he is a world-class talent, let alone the most expensive fullback in history? We could have had: Cancelo, Hakimi, Mazraoui, even the likes of Semedo or Trippier who are all much more suited to our style of play. Another dreadful purchase we will struggle to get rid off.

Mickson

Remember that article when it said that out of 8,000 right-backs, AWB was our first choice due to some advanced analytics. How the feck does anyone watch this guy and think he is a world-class talent, let alone the most expensive fullback in history? We could have had: Cancelo, Hakimi, Mazraoui, even the likes of Semedo or Trippier who are all much more suited to our style of play. Another dreadful purchase we will struggle to get rid off.
So funny when everyone's argument here is "DO YOU KNOW MORE ABOUT FOOTBALL THAN OLE AND THE STAB" and in this case, apparently, many do. Few here would buy him and Maguire for that kind of money. I can only say what I've been saying all along: Awful singing, never a Man United player.

sangria

So funny when everyone's argument here is "DO YOU KNOW MORE ABOUT FOOTBALL THAN OLE AND THE STAB" and in this case, apparently, many do. Few here would buy him and Maguire for that kind of money. I can only say what I've been saying all along: Awful singing, never a Man United player.
Never knew he was bad at singing.

marcus agrippa

That's club propaganda in full effect.

Apparently this guy started out as a winger? Jesus Christ!

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
I do agree with most of the above but I don't think he will be particularly hard to get rid of.

From what I remember he is on about £90k a week and his stock is lower than what it was when he signed that so he will be expecting that or slightly less at his next club.

He definitely serves a purpose and can be defensively sound. I know it is a bit of a meme to throw them into every transfer right now but a side like Newcastle could certainly do a lot worse while they establish themselves further up the league and then upgrade.

We won't recoup anything near the £50mil outlay but a decent fee and him away from the club will not be difficult to achieve.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I and many others agreed Dalot had been one of the better performers under Ralf so far. He also got the assist at Newcastle and then for some bizarre reason has been dropped for this fraud.

Something isn't quite right at this club. I think the manager is being told certain players can not be left out too long due to their price tags. Can't think of a single reason why AWB was brought straight back in otherwise.

rooney2009

He is not the problem at the moment
Does a decent enough job and did ok yesterday
We have bigger issues up front and not being able to drop a player

Pickle85

Absolutely dreadful going forward as per usual. His defensive game is also overestimated imo. Positionally he can be pretty woeful and, while by and large he's very good one on one defending, this doesn't make up for it.

Kag

His trip near the touchline had shades of Fellaini vs. Bayern. Difficult to appreciate any of the good stuff when that’s all you can recall. He’s having a horrible season.

Satsuma United

I am one of those who still believe there is a quality RB in him.

In my opinion he needs to sort his mind out after joining the biggest club in the world. I think he got lost a bit but he can come back, is Ralf the man to bring him back ? I am not sure.

studs

I have, and all I see is a mouth full of chewing gum. Never says a word on the pitch. Mad.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
If this guy starts over Dalot again on Monday then I'm seriously starting to get suspicious about this club. Dalot was one of the better players in Ralf's first few games I thought, as did plenty of others too, and mysteriously he just loses his place. It makes no sense.

Remember the geese

If this guy starts over Dalot again on Monday then I'm seriously starting to get suspicious about this club. Dalot was one of the better players in Ralf's first few games I thought, as did plenty of others too, and mysteriously he just loses his place. It makes no sense.
Who cares? They are both useless.

Remember the geese

Dalot isn't useless. He can actually play football. He's no world beater though of course.
I think he's pretty average. A bit better going forward than he is defensively, but that's not saying much. Wan-Bissaka occasionally shows an unorthodox, decent dribbling style and close control. Though more often than not, he doesn't even look like a footballer.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I love Wan Bissaka's blocks and slide tackles.

I could watch it all day.

Shame his attacking hasnt improved alot. Just because I like him I hope that our next manager like Ten Hag could maybe get him better or maybe even train him to a different position - though I know it's wishful thinking.

Based Adnan

You can't suddenly make a player in his 20s learn how to move fluidly with the ball. Smalling is another example of this. This is how he will be till the end of his career.

CloneMC16

He is not the problem at the moment
Does a decent enough job and did ok yesterday
We have bigger issues up front and not being able to drop a player
I don't think you can point at any one player and say they're the problem. The squad has many underperforming players. Even the players that the fans think aren't good enough, they have shown quality at different points here. I agree with you and think he does decent enough, but I get where people are coming from in regards to his crossing ability. He seems like very much a confidence player. You seem him go on long ball carries and easily dribble past defenders at times. Then at others, he looks like shit and can barely control the ball.

I also agree with you on Ronaldo, but it's still one of many issues.

Judging by how he is on the pitch, I presumed he's mute

A challenge for everyone... Picture AWB on the pitch talking /shouting...

Tough isn't it?
He rarely does interviews, but in the few he has, he's a very soft spoken guy. He seems pretty introverted. I couldn't ever imagine him shouting at anybody. He's just not that type of person. Is it an issue for a United player to be kind of reserved on the field?

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
I don't think you can point at any one player and say they're the problem. The squad has many underperforming players. Even the players that the fans think aren't good enough, they have shown quality at different points here. I agree with you and think he does decent enough, but I get where people are coming from in regards to his crossing ability. He seems like very much a confidence player. You seem him go on long ball carries and easily dribble past defenders at times. Then at others, he looks like shit and can barely control the ball.

I also agree with you on Ronaldo, but it's still one of many issues.

He rarely does interviews, but in the few he has, he's a very soft spoken guy. He seems pretty introverted. I couldn't ever imagine him shouting at anybody. He's just not that type of person. Is it an issue for a United player to be kind of reserved on the field?
Valencia didn't talk much either and he was grand

Jackal981

I love Wan Bissaka's blocks and slide tackles.

I could watch it all day.

Shame his attacking hasnt improved alot. Just because I like him I hope that our next manager like Ten Hag could maybe get him better or maybe even train him to a different position - though I know it's wishful thinking.
Should have been suspicious when a defensive player best attribute is slide tackling. Like Maldini the great said slide tackling is a last ditch resort. One of the greatest defender ever rarely tackled because tackling means you has done something wrong and need a last ditch effort to fix it. I think Rio said the same too

goptun

I still feel he can come good under a manager who best utilizes his strength, but I do fear that perhaps my faith is misplaced.
That would be a defensive-minded manager building a team that doesn't play on the front foot. A modern, attacking team can't afford to have a right-back that is so limited on the ball.

led_scholes

He will never be a good RB for us or any other top team in general. Can we hope he can be a good RCB in a 3 mans defence? His positioning is awful, so even there I m not sure he can be decent.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Should have been suspicious when a defensive player best attribute is slide tackling. Like Maldini the great said slide tackling is a last ditch resort. One of the greatest defender ever rarely tackled because tackling means you has done something wrong and need a last ditch effort to fix it. I think Rio said the same too
Maldini was the sliding tackle GOAT, him and Nesta were slide tackling monsters and one of the best FB in last 20-30 years regularly went for slide tackle so much that there is even a 'lahm tackle".

Tackling means defender did something wrong couldn't have been far from truth, especially for FBs who always deal 1v1 with wingers

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Maldini was the sliding tackle GOAT, him and Nesta were slide tackling monsters and one of the best FB in last 20-30 years regularly went for slide tackle so much that there is even a 'lahm tackle".

Tackling means defender did something wrong couldn't have been far from truth, especially for FBs who always deal 1v1 with wingers
Interestingly enough that quote is attributed to Maldini who himself as you said was a master at , I do wonder why he said it considering how he regularly used to commit to those tackles.

Status
Not open for further replies.