Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlahRules

Obviously nobody had a good game, but I’m surprised that AWB has been single out for criticism. I felt that he was given a complete lack of support by McT, Elanga and Lindelof. City overloaded that side of the pitch and AWB looked like he was having to effectively defend 2v1 most of the game.

Like I said, didn’t have a good game, but I thought those around him (mentioned above) were more culpable and generally worse.
I just don't find him a good footballer. The amount of time he had the ball he will not drive forward or ever try to be an outlet. His lack of ability on the ball is hurting us a lot.

Maguire is another, he can drive forward but he should be releasing the ball sooner then pass it backwards and stopping the attacking also shits himself like AWB when a player comes close to him.

McTominay was meant to be the DM but he is just below average player.

macko12345

I had so much hope for the lad. He just seems not able to cope with being at a club like United.
Truth be told, none of our players are in-form (except De Gea) but to just jog along and not care is just too much.
His attacking contribution is almost nonexistent and gets caught in defense more and more.
Not sure any club would take him in the summer.

Irwin99

We haven't had truly great fullbacks at this club for ten years now, and even than Paddy Evra was starting to show his age a bit. AWB is not going to change this unfortunately, at least not until maybe a great coach turns things around for him.

zurnalist

He has always been flawed but he wasnt THIS bad last season? It's not like our signings are just bad, it's like our club keeps sucking everyone's talent out of them year by year, player by player. I just have no answers anymore... this signing made sense at the time like many others but even our seemingly reasonable signings keep failing miserably.

AshRK

He has zero personality to play for Manchester United. He has no emotion and gets easily bullied. Shocking player.

SirMattlives

AWB is odd -- during match days there's more than a few here who deflect criticism of him and say he's being blamed needlessly. Maybe so some games, the match day forum can get a little excited as the comments fly by but even today I read someone saying he was having a good first half. I just could not see it. He seems a nice guy and you can't always judge commitment by expressions but boy, today he seemed to amble about aimlessly as the game passed him by. Even his real strength, tackling one on one, seemed to desert him. My main problems with him have always been poor touch and a lack of ambition going forward. He receives a ball and invariably looks to pass it back, and when he does manage to cross it's usually to the nearest opponent or opposite corner flag. I would think that could be coached out but it has not been. If there's a real United player in there, surely we'd have seen it by now?

Bwuk

I’d never play him again. Dalot isn’t brilliant but at least he isn’t a complete embarrassment with the ball.

Has to go in the summer. It’s established he isn’t good enough, let’s not prolong it.

izec

Foden pulled his pants down. But one good game in 10 against some midtable club will lead some on here to think he is good enough. He is an absolute embarrassment and embodies our general cluelessness in the market, on the ball and in the attitude. Overpaid amateur.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Not sure what he did to push Dalot out the side.

Palace, please have him back.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Basically, City watched him bully Sterling for two years straight and said feck the 1v1 tactic today, let’s rush him. And they all ganged up and beat the shit out of him.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Basically, City watched him bully Sterling for two years straight and said feck the 1v1 tactic today, let’s rush him. And they all ganged up and beat the shit out of him.
Yep, basically zero point in going one on one vs him, so just overload him /pass it round him / run off him... He doesn't have the mental capacity or the defensive capabilities to deal with it.

And more likely then not, he won't even be arsed to try.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Yep, basically zero point in going one on one vs him, so just overload him /pass it round him / run off him... He doesn't have the mental capacity or the defensive capabilities to deal with it.

Well in his defence, why should he just ‘have the capacity’ to deal with the best team in the league ganging up three against one on him?

Deery

Dreary
Well in his defence, why should he just ‘have the capacity’ to deal with the best team in the league ganging up three against one on him?
Yeah, Grealish would be hard enough to defend against himself but to have Foden and Silva as well was overkill.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
He shouldn't... But his reaction should also not be to half arse it and not give a flying feck.

Why not scream at your team mates for help for a start? That's what I mean, he doesn't have the wherewithal to even begin to think how to deal with it.

Maybe that should all be on the manager, I don't know, but I would hope the players take some responsibility out there. Not just him either but those around him too

croadyman

Should have bought Meunier instead or at least someone of that ilk rather than a defender clueless going forward

mu4c_20le

Maybe he could've done better at times, but playing a back 4 away against this City team was always going to be suicidal. Add to the fact that our CBs aren't exactly the quickest, and our offside trap not the most convincing.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
I wish I get that post and poster who said AWB would start ahead of Walker in a Pep team. It was a gem of a post.Been searching for it but couldn't find it.

130m for 2 duds. Let that stink it in.

SoCross

Dire today but lacked support at times too. They ran rings around him.

Jackal981

The best defensive RB my ass. Did you notice City keep hammering our right side the whole game and did not even try it on vs Telles

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Today was a weird one for AWB. One on one defending is usually his strength but he looked afraid of Grealish. At one point he actually let him dribble from outside the 18 to the edge of the 6 without putting any pressure on him. That is not like him at all...

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
What wages is he on? I'd imagine he'd be very hard to sell? Not that we'd try. Best to wait till he's worthless before doing that.

We was decent when we played more negative footy. This season has totally exposed him though. Doing nothing right.

Jackal981

Today was a weird one for AWB. One on one defending is usually his strength but he looked afraid of Grealish. At one point he actually let him dribble from outside the 18 to the edge of the 6 without putting any pressure on him. That is not like him at all...
Not weird at all. Cause he is shit this whole time. Havent you see him play at all this last year or so.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I wish I get that post and poster who said AWB would start ahead of Walker in a Pep team. It was a gem of a post.Been searching for it but couldn't find it.

130m for 2 duds. Let that stink it in.
Are you thinking of @Ekeke maybe?

Walker isnt good. He should be behind Trent, AWB, James in the pecking order and fighting it out with Matt Cash at Villa for 4th choice
Yes he would. Thats why he was valued at £50 million when we signed him. He wouldnt start at Brighton because they play 3 at the back with no rightback.
City concede 5 at home for the first time in 17 years, and we have posters here saying AWB wouldnt play for City :lol:
Yeah Pep would rather start a RB who cant tackle and gives away a penalty and a backline that concedes 5 at home for the first time in 17 years. That makes perfect sense.
You said he wouldnt start at City. You asked which clubs he would start at, suggesting there arent many. I didnt name City as one of those where he wouldnt start. Because he's better than Walker.
In every universe, but most importantly in this one.

Walker is fast. AWB is quite fast but is a good tackler. Walker cant do the basics of defending.
Then there are a lot of toxic, clueless manchester united fans who dont appreciate the players they have at their club.

Walker has been a weakness since his first few break out seasons at Spurs.
Walker the RB who got destroyed by Leicester as they pumped 5 balls in his net is better than AWB the best defensive right fullback in the league? :lol:
Tbf though nearly all those posts are from 2020 so a while ago.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Are you thinking of @Ekeke maybe?

Tbf though nearly all those posts are from 2020 so a while ago.
Thanks mate. Yes, these are the ones. He has been a liability on the ball ever since he was signed. Everyone knew this. It's quite laughable to even think that he would start at City (2020 or not).

It's quite astonishing that our scouts couldn't identify this problem when they decided to spend 50m on this guy.

Jackal981

Thanks mate. Yes, these are the ones. He has been a liability on the ball ever since he was signed. Everyone knew this. It's quite laughable to even think that he would start at City (2020 or not).

It's quite astonishing that our scouts couldn't identify this problem when they decided to spend 50m on this guy.
I read somewhere that Ole choose to hear the recommendation his personal scout named Simon Wells on this transfer. This guys afaik has 0 qualification as a scout and he only became one because he is mates with Ole.

Reij

Supports
Bayern Munchen
"AWB passes the ball through.. through his teammates." Eurosport commentator.

Devil’s Trident

Daylight robbery. The guy is least skillful least technical as they come but on top of that has pathetic workrate and zero personality. Zero. Have you ever seen him upset or pissed at any point in the game in any game ? All you see him jogging around and chewing the gum like it’s a testimonial. I have never seen a player like him who has zero emotion to the game whether he made a terrible mistake or is skinned or caught sleeping by an opponent, he looks like least bothered by it and carries on like usual like nothing happened, just keeps chewing his gum and keeps on jogging. No awareness no talking to his defenders no urgency and no effort and this was the player we scouted for our RB position and paid 50 million for.

Crime of the century.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight

To be fair, I think Walker is pretty shit too, he’s just an exceptional athlete, but is average at most of the other footballing basics.

MUFC OK

Surely we can get £20m for him in the summer? He's not the RB for us in a front foot system. Both him and Maguire need to go asap.

acnumber9

The best defensive RB my ass. Did you notice City keep hammering our right side the whole game and did not even try it on vs Telles
Their right winger scored twice. The second one because Telles played him onside. The played through that side because they had Grealish, Cancelo and Bernardo all down that side. They always favour that flank.

PoTMS

I would happily release him if it meant he never started for United again. You can find about 100 better right backs than him in the Football League.

Coops73

A really frustrating player to watch, the odd decent sliding tackle just isn’t enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.