Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

croadyman

Which cretin thought yeah let's pass on Cancelo for around £28m and sign the player with PL experience but English premium

Abraxas

It's becoming more and more clear that this man is a lower half of the table player. He would be brilliant in a Sean Dyche side, until he plays somebody onside. Put some tackles in, focus entirely on keeping his man quiet, he'd be decent. Ask him to do anything on the front foot or to be expected to attack and get back to defend and it seems too much. Even his defending then falls apart.

Really is one of the absolute strangest pieces of scouting we've done in how abundantly clear this ought to have been to an "expert." He was an established PL player, there were plenty of data points.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Can someone explain to me how Wan bissaka would be as an inverted fullback?

OmarUnited4ever

I've been very patient with AWB, but he is not good enough, he lacks too much ability to be at United

Which cretin thought yeah let's pass on Cancelo for around £28m and sign the player with PL experience but English premium
City paid £60m for Cancelo, Juve took Danilo and paid £34M, so Cancelo cost City around £26M and Danilo, not really cheap fee, but it's great for City as Cancelo has been good since early last year and this year.

diarm

Off the top of my head, I can name 12-15 English right backs I would start ahead of Wan-Bissaka.

Imagine under Fergie, if someone told you that within the decade, we would have a first choice player who wasn't in the top ten in his position for his country.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Off the top of my head, I can name 12-15 English right backs I would start ahead of Wan-Bissaka.

Imagine under Fergie, if someone told you that within the decade, we would have a first choice player who wasn't in the top ten in his position for his country.
Wes Brown if you consider him amongst England CBs. He might have just scraped into the top 10 I suppose. Silvestre can't have had many chances with France either surely. EDIT: 40 caps, bloody hell!

Alan Smith could be another shout, although England's strikers were pretty rubbish back then so maybe not.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Wes Brown if you consider him amongst England CBs. He might have just scraped into the top 10 I suppose. Silvestre can't have had many chances with France either surely. EDIT: 40 caps, bloody hell!

Alan Smith could be another shout, although England's strikers were pretty rubbish back then so maybe not.
Brown just had the misfortune of having epic generational talent defenders ahead of him. Smith was rated highly before the injury

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20

Forget English right backs. I can name atleast 10 from current epl teams .

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
1. Cancelo cost about £60m.
2. What makes you think Cancelo would have chosen United over City anyway?

MrEleson

1. Cancelo cost about £60m.
2. What makes you think Cancelo would have chosen United over City anyway?
Cancelo didn’t even want to leave Juve anyway. It was a forced move by the club to balance the books hence why the deal was involving Danilo going the other way.

If United bettered City’s offer, I don’t see why we couldn’t have signed him.

Lentwood

It's funny how obsessed this forum is with AWB and the RB spot in general. Sure, it's mega-trendy in modern football to have really offensive-minded fullbacks, but let me tell you, we could have prime Cafu and Roberto Carlos at fullback and we would still be rubbish.

Until we sign two CMs and a CF (and probably a GK), its rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
It's funny how obsessed this forum is with AWB and the RB spot in general. Sure, it's mega-trendy in modern football to have really offensive-minded fullbacks, but let me tell you, we could have prime Cafu and Roberto Carlos at fullback and we would still be rubbish.

Until we sign two CMs and a CF (and probably a GK), its rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic
What would I give to have prime Cafu here... United having one of the best captains in history of football, especially now in desperate need of legit leaders.

diarm

Wes Brown was definitely in the top 10 English RB's while he was playing. I wouldn't say he was ever truly first choice for us either.

United in sin

Forget English right backs. I can name atleast 10 from current epl teams .
Name them. I'd like to see these lists

diarm

Name them. I'd like to see these lists
Walker, Trent, Trippier, James, Aarons, Tavernier, Lamptey, Walker-Peters, Ayling, Justin, Cash, Livramento, Johnson and (this last one is a stretch maybe) Ward-Prowse.

United in sin

Walker, Trent, Trippier, James, Aarons, Tavernier, Lamptey, Walker-Peters, Ayling, Justin, Cash, Livramento, Johnson and (this last one is a stretch maybe) Ward-Prowse.
Cash is Polish. Ward-Prowse? I know he's played at RB but come on man, you're just naming names at this point. Haha. I simply don't agree that many of these players are better. Bissaka has performed at a higher level than several of them. I mean Cash and Ayling too? Walker-Peters is Bissaka lite and Aarons is good but has stagnated. To each their own I suppose

diarm

Cash is Polish. Ward-Prowse? I know he's played at RB but come on man, you're just naming names at this point. Haha. I simply don't agree that many of these players are better. Bissaka has performed at a higher level than several of them. I mean Cash and Ayling too? Walker-Peters is Bissaka lite and Aarons is good but has stagnated. To each their own I suppose
I didn't realise Cash was Polish - I'll hold my hand up there.

But if we were playing in a Champions League quarter final in a few weeks time, I would trust each and every one of those players to be better at right back for us than I would Wan-Bissaka.

I've felt the same since shortly after he signed for us. The guy is a quality tackler and absolutely nothing else. He isn't the third cousin of a professional footballer.

romufc

Cancelo didn’t even want to leave Juve anyway. It was a forced move by the club to balance the books hence why the deal was involving Danilo going the other way.

If United bettered City’s offer, I don’t see why we couldn’t have signed him.
Isn't this exactly what we don't want United to do? Offer players to come here on a wage basis only?

United in sin

I didn't realise Cash was Polish - I'll hold my hand up there.

But if we were playing in a Champions League quarter final in a few weeks time, I would trust each and every one of those players to be better at right back for us than I would Wan-Bissaka.

I've felt the same since shortly after he signed for us. The guy is a quality tackler and absolutely nothing else. He isn't the third cousin of a professional footballer.
This is the same Bissaka who has pocketed the likes of Mbappe, Mane, De Bryune and Sterling. Not a single one of the fullbacks you've mentioned can claim that

United in sin

Pocketed :lol: :lol: :lol:

He did in his hole.
https://www.planetfootball.com/tren...ngle-handedly-putting-forwards-into-lockdown/

The Caf agreed. Neymar struggled against him as well

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/aaron-wan-bissaka-2020-21-performances.457036/page-18

"Aaron is playing against…it's [Raheem] Sterling out there, it's [Riyad] Mahrez out there, it's [Kevin] De Bruyne out there. And they just don't go past him.

- Solskjaer after united defeated city

A few seasons back sure, but those were world class performances against world class forwards.

diarm

https://www.planetfootball.com/tren...ngle-handedly-putting-forwards-into-lockdown/

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/aaron-wan-bissaka-2020-21-performances.457036/page-18

"Aaron is playing against…it's [Raheem] Sterling out there, it's [Riyad] Mahrez out there, it's [Kevin] De Bruyne out there. And they just don't go past him.

A few seasons back sure, but those were world class performances against world class forwards.
Put whatever you want up there - the guy is piss poor and wouldn't get into the starting line ups for 3/4 of the clubs in the league. Ask fans of the clubs of any one of the players I listed above if they'd swap their man for him today and they'd laugh you out of the room.

United in sin

Put whatever you want up there - the guy is piss poor and wouldn't get into the starting line ups for 3/4 of the clubs in the league. Ask fans of the clubs of any one of the players I listed above if they'd swap their man for him today and they'd laugh you out of the room.
So you're just one of those who'll stick to your guns even when presented with evidence that makes your claims look silly? But ok, Cash and Ward-Prawse are better fullbacks. We'll agree to disagree

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
It goes further back when he also pocketed Nedved, Giggs, and Cruyff.

diarm

So you're just one of those who'll stick to your guns even when presented with evidence that makes your claims look silly? But ok, Cash and Ward-Prawse are better fullbacks. We'll agree to disagree
Cash is 100% a better fullback than Wan-Bissaka. That is beyond even a parody of a debate.

Ward-Prowse is just a better all round footballer and can do a job at RB. Given a run of games I don't think it would be remotely close.

My evidence is 2 and a half years spent watching him stink out the shirt. Switching off when he's supposed to be marking, losing his man at the back post, being lazy getting back on the rare occasion he does cross the half way, playing fellas onside, never offering any threat on the overlap, passing 4 of every 5 balls into touch or to an opponent, losing possession through his horrific touch and all the other awful attributes we ignored to sign him.

The lad can tackle, but I'm not surprised given he's spent his entire career needing to.

United in sin

Cash is 100% a better fullback than Wan-Bissaka. That is beyond even a parody of a debate.

Ward-Prowse is just a better all round footballer and can do a job at RB. Given a run of games I don't think it would be remotely close.

My evidence is 2 and a half years spent watching him stink out the shirt. Switching off when he's supposed to be marking, losing his man at the back post, being lazy getting back on the rare occasion he does cross the half way, playing fellas onside, never offering any threat on the overlap, passing 4 of every 5 balls into touch or to an opponent, losing possession through his horrific touch and all the other awful attributes we ignored to sign him.

The lad can tackle, but I'm not surprised given he's spent his entire career needing to.
I don't agree

United in sin

You should ask your guide dog if he can send you any more articles.
No need to be a dick, but some can't help themselves yeah? You're obviously touched I dont share your silly opinion on this player. I've agreed to disagree but you clearly haven't and want to continue this. Maybe find two extra English RBs to add to your shitty list since you were stretched and had to name a CM and a Polish player. Haha

Last edited:

diarm

No need to be a dick, but some can't help themselves yeah? You're obviously touched I dont share your silly opinion on this player. I've agreed to disagree but you clearly haven't and want to continue this. Maybe find that extra English RB to add to your shitty list since you were stretched and had to name a CM and a Polish player. Haha
:lol:

Why would I need to name an extra one? I said between 12 and 15 and I've comfortably managed that, even without Cash or Ward-Prowse.

Your counting skills are clearly on par with your scouting.

United in sin

:lol:

Why would I need to name an extra one? I said between 12 and 15 and I've comfortably managed that, even without Cash or Ward-Prowse.

Your counting skills are clearly on par with your scouting.
And you'll be the one crying and bitching every time Bissaka puts that red shirt on. Good

diarm

And you'll be the one crying and bitching every time Bissaka puts that red shirt on. Good
And you'll be the one telling us about all those times our majestic squad outperformed Maradona and Beckenbauer, while wondering why we're struggling for top 4 and have won nothing of note in a decade.

Lentwood

Yes but this forum can't appreciate that just because you don't shine in a failing side, where you are asked to play a role that doesn't suit your game, you're not necessarily a poor player.

You only have to look at the names put forward for players who are 'better than AWB'. Honestly, I'd love to see how some of those so-called 'better' options would get on at a club like ours. There'd be people opening 'how do we sell Matty Cash?' threads within three games!

honirelandboy

He just looks bored playing football and rather be at home watching EastEnders repeats on a Saturday or Sunday. Really just look like a salary to him.

diarm

Yes but this forum can't appreciate that just because you don't shine in a failing side, where you are asked to play a role that doesn't suit your game, you're not necessarily a poor player.

You only have to look at the names put forward for players who are 'better than AWB'. Honestly, I'd love to see how some of those so-called 'better' options would get on at a club like ours. There'd be people opening 'how do we sell Matty Cash?' threads within three games!
Lazy.

The guy not being able to concentrate on who he's marking, or to make a simple 3 yard pass, has nothing to do with the role he's being asked to play. He's a right back - not an attacking or box to box mid being asked to play holding midfielder like McTominay. He can't pass, cross or beat a man so what exactly is the alternative role you would have our coaches employ him in?

We are a failing side because of players like Wan-Bissaka, but you'd have us believe he's the unfortunate one, being held back by having to play alongside mugs like Varane, Bruno and Cristiano Ronaldo.

Status
Not open for further replies.