Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleKingCeadd

He’s a right back and that’s it.
We are playing a system that it more suited to a wing back…
AWB has no attacking mindset at all and that’s why he is struggling.
All he can do is defend and is great if that’s his only job.

MrEleson

That would apply to all of our players. Actually, id say AWB was probably one of the best out of a shitty bunch today.

Crucial tackles and blocks and some decent runs down the wing. Nothing special - far from it, but as I said, better than most and certainly better than Telles on the other side.
Ofcourse the standards are in the gutters so somehow as generally terrible as AWB was today, he somehow came out of that game as being rated decently.

Worst £50m signing in football history.

Spent the last 20 minutes - at 1-0 down, with Everton wasting every second they could - hoofing it out of play or trying to slide tackle it out for a throw in.

Utterly braindead....I remember reading that he didn't like football as a kid and still doesn't like watching it - and it shows, big time.

That's before you even start on his technical issues.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
His main problem, sadly.

Some intelligence and he could easily sort out the vast majority of his problems on the pitch.
It is alarming how dumb he is though... Time to bring the ball down? Hoof it out. Easy ball back to the keeper? Put it out for a throw. Dying minutes if the game? Make sure you put it out for a throw. Throw to an unmarked Maguire? Nah, throw it to heavily marked Elanga. Lots of people in front of you? Try pass through them anyway... Etc etc

Rampant Red Rodriguez

Scared of women, so hates them.
Brings the whole team down with him. I think the club makes him play for us forces RR to play him and bench DD. No other reason to play him imo.

Raw

£50m!!!

Palace must still be pissing themselves. Genuinely one of the stupidest footballers I've ever seen at United. Looks like he's only got one thing on his mind, tackling.

lawliet354

Him and Telles would not even make into Everton squad, so many of our attacks stops at fullback. We'll never compete at the top again with these guys as FB

UncleBob

That would apply to all of our players. Actually, id say AWB was probably one of the best out of a shitty bunch today.

Crucial tackles and blocks and some decent runs down the wing. Nothing special - far from it, but as I said, better than most and certainly better than Telles on the other side.
You're leaving out the consequences of his decision making, which costs us badly. For instance before he gave away freekick against Richarlison late in the second half, there's plenty of teammates available for a pass and instead he tries to go past someone, why?

Same in the first half, the corner we gave away just before half time, instead of simply passing the ball on his first touch to a teammate close by, he decides to try to stop the ball and loses it, Everton get a corner.

I don't think you'll find many players that are as bad as him on the ball, mostly from a decision making perspective.

UncleBob

It is alarming how dumb he is though... Time to bring the ball down? Hoof it out. Easy ball back to the keeper? Put it out for a throw. Lots of people in front of you? Try pass through them anyway...
Fred has a lot of the same problems.

In fairness, most of our players do

Ludens the Red

I felt my brain deleting football cookies watching him put in that “performance”. Garbage, garbage footballer. Would be top of my list for players who need selling.

Nero

He's an atrocity.

Even the one thing he gets praised for (his slide tackles) piss me off. All he does is slide tackle the ball out of play for an opposition throw in. Just stand up to your man.

JeffFromHK

That "safe" booting of the ball out of the sideline at 92 minutes instead of passing back to De Gea summarises him. He is a crystal palace level player through and through, both in terms of mentality and ability.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
That "safe" booting of the ball out of the sideline at 92 minutes instead of passing back to De Gea summarises him. He is a crystal palace level player through and through, both in terms of mentality and ability.
Nah that's harsh

Palace are way above him now.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
I was dubious from the start, said a long time ago he has no attacking qualities and is never a £50m RB, he's a £5m RB on the continent. Got a good sliding tackle in him tbf though.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
A worse transfer than Maguire. £50m ffs! What makes it worse is that it was predictable. It's not even hindsight, a lot of people (including me) didn’t want us to sign him. Horrible player

R'hllor

How can they watch him and say, yep his football is 50mil worth, how, how the feck when he is not able to perform in non defending zone, just how. Spiderman they said

Sylar

He’s a right back and that’s it.
We are playing a system that it more suited to a wing back…
AWB has no attacking mindset at all and that’s why he is struggling.
All he can do is defend and is great if that’s his only job.
The issue is he makes defensive mistakes too. He's great at one on one slide tackles but he's often caught out of position. Frustrating

slored1

Horrific. Why has he started today? Been worse than Dalot all season and suddenly starts getting the nod again. One of our worst ever purchases.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Horrific. Why has he started today? Been worse than Dalot all season and suddenly starts getting the nod again. One of our worst ever purchases.
Ralph said he picked him to deal with Richarlison.

Roboc7

Everything looks such hard work for him, no long term future at the club but like so many others he might survive another year or two just because not everyone can leave.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
It's really shameful that we spent 50 million on a fullback whose only skill is sliding tackles. Granted he's great at them but in the modern game a quality team shouldn't have their backs against the wall. That we didn't see this is incredible on the part of our scouts/management. He's not really a Pl level RB on the ball.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I used to give the benefit of doubt but it's hard to see us progress and play quality football with someone this bad on the ball. He's one of those players for whom doing anything on the ball looks like such a chore.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I am worried the person that scouted him and said "yeah, this is a £50m player" is still at the club. What I find hilsrious is, he wouldn't get into the current Crystal Palace team bacuse he's not good enough on the ball.

Foxbatt

You're leaving out the consequences of his decision making, which costs us badly. For instance before he gave away freekick against Richarlison late in the second half, there's plenty of teammates available for a pass and instead he tries to go past someone, why?

Same in the first half, the corner we gave away just before half time, instead of simply passing the ball on his first touch to a teammate close by, he decides to try to stop the ball and loses it, Everton get a corner.

I don't think you'll find many players that are as bad as him on the ball, mostly from a decision making perspective.
Yes and the goal too. Yes Fred and Matic messed up but AWB kept jogging back instead of sprinting and closing down. He always does this. He is not a football player. Who actually bought him from Palace should be sacked.

studs

If he is here next year, we might as well give up hope. Said it from the start that he would never improve . Totally brainless supposedly footballer.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Palace officials must have a daily meeting where they just open up their accounts and laugh their arses off.

They sold us Zaha for big money and we sold him back to them for about 20% of the value. They sold us Wan Bissaka for £50m...

Unreal. Ed Woodward was meant to be a financial genius.

People dared to put AWB in the conversation regarding Trent, Walker and Trippier :eek::eek::eek:

allen7

I’m very sure he will be featuring in top 5 man utd worst transfers list. Might see that in a random YT channel in couple of years.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
I thought he did well. Kept the ball well in tight spaces, closed down their wide players well and made a vital block to save Maguire’ catastrophe.

Chief123

I’m not going to go into detail about limited he is as we all already now.

But the biggest problem with him seems to be the fact that he just seems to be as thick as pig shit. Like he really is a clueless body walking around.

It was all summed up with that one moment near his own corner flag. He nicks the ball away and then deliberately let’s it roll out of play for a corner forgetting that he literally just kicked it 2 seconds ago.

Renegade

He needs to declare for Congo ASAP. He wouldn’t even be their best player too.!

Status
Not open for further replies.