Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blood Mage

I hope he's one of the reasons Bout and Lawlor are now unemployed. Awful signing and I hope Palace take him back.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Did United pay £50m up front? If we still owe them money should just call it quits and send him back for nothing.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I've lost hope in him being a starter - but I do think he could be useful to bring on as a sub when we need to defend a lead etc.

Not great on the eye but not exactly useless.

RonaldoVII

Unlike Dalot he can defend but offers very little past the half way line. He wouldn't be on my list to leave this summer but if we could get half decent money for him then it would make sense.

Revan

Assumptionman
Unlike Dalot he can defend but offers very little past the half way line. He wouldn't be on my list to leave this summer but if we could get half decent money for him then it would make sense.
He can tackle. He is very very poor at defending though, considering that he is consistently out of position.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
If we can cut our losses we should. He is one of the players most obviously unsuited to Ten Hag's brand of football and has no future here.

That said, any replacement better be good because Dalot sure as hell offers little himself and isn't someone I want to see get more gametime either.

rooney2009

He still a raw footballer with very little coaching
I think he will excel under a good footballing coach

Mike Smalling

He can tackle. He is very very poor at defending though, considering that he is consistently out of position.
Very important distinction. People tend to overrate his overall defensive capabilities because he is good in one-on-one duels. How many times has he lost his man on the far post or played someone onside?

gajender

I've lost hope in him being a starter - but I do think he could be useful to bring on as a sub when we need to defend a lead etc.

Not great on the eye but not exactly useless.
Please God No I don't want United to continue being Shit and defend leads like some plucky Underdogs resorting to defending deep I rather we build the team that can take sting out of the game by keeping the ball and slowing the game if required .
Wan Bissaka has no business being at the top Club due to his lack of footballing ability and if United Intend to being one then technically deficient players like him should be let go while they have some value left.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
I can't imagine he'll be ETH's cup of tea.

Would make sense to cash in now one would think. Probably get what, 25m for him?

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Yeah I'm not sure how being good at slide tackling has somehow conned people into thinking he is a good defender, he is not a good defender and the less said about his impact going forward the better. Having said that, every single defender in that squad has looked lower league standard this season.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Great! £20m and he should be theirs in my opinion. We should cut our losses now on a player that will never be good enough for a team relying on width and possession.
Id value at 30m but not ask for a penny more

Kostov

He might be worse on the ball than Dalot, but unless we plan on bringing a starting RB this summer, AWB should absolutely be a starter . He is easily a better RB than Dalot, who just like AWB offers feck all 90% of the time he is in the opposition half.

RonaldoVII

Think that is a bit of an over exaggeration. His positioning can be improved by a competent coach but if someone offers good money then it's not worth us keeping him due to this attacking deficiencies.

diarm

He might be worse on the ball than Dalot, but unless we plan on bringing a starting RB this summer, AWB should absolutely be a starter . He is easily a better RB than Dalot, who just like AWB offers feck all 90% of the time he is in the opposition half.
Do they make you pay for a ticket for your guide dog or does he get in for free?

Dalot isn't great, but he's at least pretending to be a professional footballer. Wan-Bissaka looks like he won a competition to be out there.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Do they make you pay for a ticket for your guide dog or does he get in for free?

Dalot isn't great, but he's at least pretending to be a professional footballer. Wan-Bissaka looks like he won a competition to be out there.
How much is your guide dog costing too?

acnumber9

I’d love some of what you’re drinking.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Very important distinction. People tend to overrate his overall defensive capabilities because he is good in one-on-one duels. How many times has he lost his man on the far post or played someone onside?
People tend to remember his first season or so where he was regularly great at completely shutting down the opposition attack coming down his side. What people don't seem to realise is that since then teams have literally changed how they attack down his side to complete negate his strengths and to massively highlight his weaknesses.

19/20 - He made 4.05 tackles per game (96th percentile), with 2.14 (57th percentile) being against players actively trying to dribble past him.
20/21 - He made 2.85 tackles per game (83rd percentile), with 1.18 (9th percentile) being against players actively trying to dribble past him.
19/20 - He made 2.31 tackles per game (54th percentile), with 0.9 (7th percentile) being against players actively trying to dribble past him.

Opposition players no longer attempt to take him on 1v1 as they know he's almost unpassable there. Instead they play quick one-two's around him, which he's shown to struggle with and they get quite a bit of joy. They also target him in the air more which is another big weakness.

diarm

How much is your guide dog costing too?
I’d love some of what you’re drinking.
You lads think Wan-Bissaka should be playing for a club like United?

Let me be clear, I don't think Dalot is close to good enough either. But he can occasionally make a 3 yard pass and doesn't have the concentration span of a dead goldfish like Aaron.

Revan

Assumptionman
Think that is a bit of an over exaggeration. His positioning can be improved by a competent coach but if someone offers good money then it's not worth us keeping him due to this attacking deficiencies.
I don't think it is, to be fair. He is constantly out of his position, switches off regularly on crucial moments, and is extremely poor in the air (48% win career-wise in EPL, 37% win rate this season in EPL).

AaronRedDevil

He was so good once. Thought we had a beast of a rb. His tackling is still brilliant. But damn did he regressed in a lot of other ways.

acnumber9

You lads think Wan-Bissaka should be playing for a club like United?

Let me be clear, I don't think Dalot is close to good enough either. But he can occasionally make a 3 yard pass and doesn't have the concentration span of a dead goldfish like Aaron.
I think he’s considerably better than Dalot. If Wan Bissaka ever had a game like Dalot against Liverpool this thread would have burned down. For all the talk of Wan Bissaka’s passing I don’t think he’s ever had a game with 47% pass completion.

Weird you talk about his concentration span when in his last two games Dalot has watched players run past him to score goals. One being three minutes into the game.

Kostov

Yes very funny, I actually wear very thick glasses, and you can kiss my dog's arse, he watches the games on an illegal stream.

Dalot is an absolute disaster, and you have the memory of a pillow.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
The key point is that AWB can't function in a side where heavy emphasis is placed on defenders' ability to play out from the back aggressively as he lacks the technique, ability to pass the ball forward and ability pass the ball under pressure to do so. All areas where Dalot is superior.

It doesn't matter in the slighest whether AWB is generally a better fullback than Dalot or not as we won't be playing in a general way. And it's pretty evident which of the two would be more of a liability in the actual style of play our new manager employs. If you were asking which of Dalot or AWB would slot most comfortably into this Ajax side it shouldn't even be a discussion.

Mind you Dalot is shite as well, so that's not an endorsement of him either.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
He was so good once. Thought we had a beast of a rb. His tackling is still brilliant. But damn did he regressed in a lot of other ways.
I think he has regressed. His confidence is shot to pieces. United have broken him and i include fans over reactions too.

look at this from about 2:20 onwards. Doesn’t look the same player anymore

there are no big leaders to stick their arm around him and say “you got this”.

Bwuk

We should only loan him if it's a loan-to-buy.

He needs to go. We need to be aiming to get back to the top of the premier league.

Look at the starting full backs for both Liverpool and City, can you honestly say AWB is remotely close to either?

golden_blunder

Staff
We should only loan him if it's a loan-to-buy.

He needs to go. We need to be aiming to get back to the top of the premier league.

Look at the starting full backs for both Liverpool and City, can you honestly say AWB is remotely close to either?
Can you honestly say there’s anyone close to TAA or Cancelo?

Bwuk

Can you honestly say there’s anyone close to TAA or Cancelo?
In our current squad - no.

Are there players available who could reach that level? Probably - the scouts should be identifying them.

Trippier in January would have been a massive upgrade.

acnumber9

The key point is that AWB can't function in a side where heavy emphasis is placed on defenders' ability to play out from the back aggressively as he lacks the technique, ability to pass the ball forward and ability pass the ball under pressure to do so. All areas where Dalot is superior.
Is he though? He was under pressure at Anfield and he crumbled.

golden_blunder

Staff
In our current squad - no.

Are there players available who could reach that level? Probably - the scouts should be identifying them.

Trippier in January would have been a massive upgrade.
When fit sure.

we have to stop comparing to TAA. He’s a midfielder essentially playing RWB. I watched him yesterday, most of his time he was either RM or RWF areas.
we need to see what system ETH chooses and then choose players to adapt to that. Not constantly compare to the best players around

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
He can't defend either to be fair. His positioning is always poor, remember people used to complain about him always playing his opponent onside. And also how many times we had seen he didn't track his man which caused us conceded from crossing.

The only defensive aspect that Bissaka is better than Dalot is one v one situation.

Bwuk

When fit sure.

we have to stop comparing to TAA. He’s a midfielder essentially playing RWB. I watched him yesterday, most of his time he was either RM or RWF areas.
we need to see what system ETH chooses and then choose players to adapt to that. Not constantly compare to the best players around
What about the likes of Walker, James etc then?

AWB is miles off the level required. No top side is playing with someone as limited as him starting.

Abraxas

He's not worked out at all. The idea he'd be good under a new coach surprises me. ETH can't teach basic ability on the ball. He's not a magician. Most of that is something that is ingrained in a player at an early age. You can refine a player, you can't reinvent technique. It was simply an awful, awful judgment by the club. As fans we were just praying he'd improve drastically while he was here. He did improve for a while but not enough because it's not possible he can be the standard required, and now his confidence is gone on top.

He'd get back to being a competent PL player at a side like Palace where there isn't a microscope on all aspects of full back play and finishing midtable is creditable.

Revaulx

We should keep him, he's a very useful tool against tricky pacy wingers. Should be be starting every game? Probably not, but he is definitely worth keeping IMO.
Completely agree with the bolded. The trouble is, these days there are few of those around, and those that are don't just hug the touchline but are prone to cutting inside, which AWB tends to struggle to deal with.

El Zoido

He still a raw footballer with very little coaching
I think he will excel under a good footballing coach
He can get better, but his technical skills will always be limited. You’ve either got it or you haven’t. Otherwise every RW in the league would have been crossing like Beckham back in the 90’s.

And there’s a reason why super coach Pep cycled through however many fullbacks. If you could turn a turd in to gold he would have coached it in to them instead of keep buying new ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.