Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

AaronRedDevil

I think he has regressed. His confidence is shot to pieces. United have broken him and i include fans over reactions too.

look at this from about 2:20 onwards. Doesn’t look the same player anymore

there are no big leaders to stick their arm around him and say “you got this”.
Jeez, I barely recognised him there. I reckon there’s still a great player there, but if they can’t figure out how to get his confidence back and improve his crossing. Maybe ETH system would might improve him, so the game plan would be clear. But I dunno. He seems so Rigid and hesitant now in his play.

SuperiorXI

Completely agree with the bolded. The trouble is, these days there are few of those around, and those that are don't just hug the touchline but are prone to cutting inside, which AWB tends to struggle to deal with.
I don't know he has pocketed Sterling many times and he's arguably one of the best at this.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
What about the likes of Walker, James etc then?

AWB is miles off the level required. No top side is playing with someone as limited as him starting.
Walker is on the slope to go down again. I like the look of James but he’s another for picking up injuries

golden_blunder

Staff
Jeez, I barely recognised him there. I reckon there’s still a great player there, but if they can’t figure out how to get his confidence back and improve his crossing. Maybe ETH system would might improve him, so the game plan would be clear. But I dunno. He seems so Rigid and hesitant now in his play.
Not sure we can. We don’t have time.
but I posted it just for those negative posts that say he’s shit at football. He’s not. He’s just not showing it for whatever reason

diarm

I think he’s considerably better than Dalot. If Wan Bissaka ever had a game like Dalot against Liverpool this thread would have burned down. For all the talk of Wan Bissaka’s passing I don’t think he’s ever had a game with 47% pass completion.

Weird you talk about his concentration span when in his last two games Dalot has watched players run past him to score goals. One being three minutes into the game.
If Wan-Bissaka ever had a game like Dalot had playing left wing back in an untried formation at bloody Anfield?

Wan-Bissaka has performances as bad playing right back in a back 4 at home to bloody relegation fodder on a regular basis.

The revisionism on here is fecking hilarious. Every bad performance from one player suddenly convinces half of you the other one is the reincarnation of Cafu.

Tavern in the town

He still a raw footballer with very little coaching
I think he will excel under a good footballing coach
Coaching isn’t some sort of magic spell, he clearly lacks technical quality which isn’t really something that can be coached around. What about me? Can I be coached to be a decent full back too?

acnumber9

That's one game. We have all their games here to take into account and it's not question at that point.
I would say it is. And what use is he is if his limited ball progressing ability disintegrates the minute he plays against somebody better than Burnley?

acnumber9

If Wan-Bissaka ever had a game like Dalot had playing left wing back in an untried formation at bloody Anfield?
You weren’t paying much attention were you? Dalot was so bad in that position that Wan Bissaka was moved there despite never playing on that side in his life and was considerably better. Dalot was also no better when he moved back to right back.

Point me to a single game where Wan Bissaka completed less than half of his attempted passes.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I would say it is. And what use is he is if his limited ball progressing ability disintegrates the minute he plays against somebody better than Burnley?
It doesn't though. Again, that was one game.

acnumber9

It doesn't though. Again, that was one game.
I disagree. Dalot has been shite in numerous games and you also have to balance out what happens when he progresses the ball better if he even does. It’s not much use if it ends up with a player with one career goal for United shooting whenever he’s 30 yards from goal.

The Original

Coaching isn’t some sort of magic spell, he clearly lacks technical quality which isn’t really something that can be coached around. What about me? Can I be coached to be a decent full back too?
Theoretically, if you are athletic enough and have 10,000 hours to spare, then yes. AWB probably has both of those things much more than you do

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Theoretically, if you are athletic enough and have 10,000 hours to spare, then yes. AWB probably has both of those things much more than you do
You cant train technique. You can sharpen it but theres a certain ceiling that one reaches after the training.

Gordon Godot

You cant train technique. You can sharpen it but theres a certain ceiling that one reaches after the training.
Agreed, he seems to lack pretty much all the attributes of a modern fullback. Would leave to see the detailed scoutign reports that identified him out of almost every fullback in world football...

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I disagree. Dalot has been shite in numerous games and you also have to balance out what happens when he progresses the ball better. It’s not much use if it ends up with a player with one career goal for United shooting whenever he’s 30 yards from goal.
By definition if Dalot is passing the ball forward, the person receiving it from him in an advanced position isn't Dalot.

His end product (which is awful) is a seperate issue to the benefits of having a fullback who can recieve and progress the ball forward under pressure versus one who acts as a cul de sac in possession and is a consistent target for our opponents' press. Because the argument isn't that Dalot has better output than AWB, it's that he's quite obviously much less of a liability if you're asking your defenders to play out from the back aggressively while under pressure.

And just to be clear, Dalot is terrible too. But he's obviously a better fit stylistically.

hobbers

AWB's progressive passing, carries and passes received are just horrendous for any full back that isn't playing for a Burnley or a Stoke.

Kostov

You weren’t paying much attention were you? Dalot was so bad in that position that Wan Bissaka was moved there despite never playing on that side in his life and was considerably better. Dalot was also no better when he moved back to right back.

Point me to a single game where Wan Bissaka completed less than half of his attempted passes.
He was probably asleep or watched the game on flashscore. Apart from the couple of games when he was put back into the team when the new manager arrived, Dalot has been horrendous on both side of the field.

golden_blunder

Staff
Can people just watch the video posted above from about 2:20. It shows he is more than capable. He has ball control, he has some skills.
we broke our new toy

Gordon Godot

Can people just watch the video posted above from about 2:20. It shows he is more than capable. He has ball control, he has some skills.
we broke our new toy
Sorry that is ridiculous. WHo is the opposition in half of those matches? I would say we see the same weaknesses, looks on the verge of losing control all the time. It is particularly noteworthy that we when he beats people its in the middle of a fast piece of action. THe problem at MUFC is when teams sit back and give him time and space. Then he is lost, his lack of real control and ability to beat players is exposed, as his is lack of general awareness in attacking third. Also hardly any decent crosses there, and how many actual assists? Compare to a high lights reeal from Trent A, Robertson or Cancelo and see what a top class full back looks like.

golden_blunder

Staff
Sorry that is ridiculous. WHo is the opposition in half of those matches? I would say we see the same weaknesses, looks on the verge of losing control all the time. It is particularly noteworthy that we when he beats people its in the middle of a fast piece of action. THe problem at MUFC is when teams sit back and give him time and space. Then he is lost, his lack of real control and ability to beat players is exposed, as his is lack of general awareness in attacking third. Also hardly any decent crosses there, and how many actual assists? Compare to a high lights reeal from Trent A, Robertson or Cancelo and see what a top class full back looks like.
When people stop comparing to TAA and Cancelo we might start getting some realism.
They are exceptional.

i get that people don’t rate AWB. However we need to stop silly throwaway comments like “pretending to be a footballer”, “won a fan competition to play”, “championship player” and only worth “5m”. This is the reason for the video, there is clear evidence that he can take on and beat men, he does have a cross in his locker, he has some skills, the ball doesn’t literally bounce off him every touch.
What I’ve been asking for is to change the nasty narrative that means every player is like shit we stepped in rather than a player who just hasn’t made it at United. It happens, there’s no need for general nasty comments which have no basis in reality

Gordon Godot

When people stop comparing to TAA and Cancelo we might start getting some realism.
They are exceptional.

i get that people don’t rate AWB. However we need to stop silly throwaway comments like “pretending to be a footballer”, “won a fan competition to play”, “championship player” and only worth “5m”. This is the reason for the video, there is clear evidence that he can take on and beat men, he does have a cross in his locker, he has some skills, the ball doesn’t literally bounce off him every touch.
What I’ve been asking for is to change the nasty narrative that means every player is like shit we stepped in rather than a player who just hasn’t made it at United. It happens, there’s no need for general nasty comments which have no basis in reality
Lets remember we paid £50m for him. So who would you like us to compare him too, Darmian or Dalot? And the criticisms I made from those clips are entirely valid, you could already see his limitations in a 'highlights' wheel, which have been utterly exposed by what is expected at MUFC. Again, he lacks any of the attributes to be a modern attacking full back.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Why some Man Utd fans are so defensive towards our players? Why is hard to admit that some players are not good enough for playing for Man Utd?
If you are club which goal is to be best in the country then you can't have a player who is average in most of football things. Henderson, Awb, McT, Jones, Dalot.....story is the same; "He is not that good in this, this and this but hey, he is great in tackling/passion/crossing".
With standards like that, we will never be even close to top.

I can understand lower standards over some youth players but regarding first team players? It is baffling to me

Redlyn

The guy is limited. Let's just face it that he will never be good enough. There is hope for a player that is raw and inconsistent. Not one that is limited to the extent he is. Dalot isn't good enough either. We badly need a new RB, but unfortunately it's like around 6th in the priority list.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Why some Man Utd fans are so defensive towards our players? Why is hard to admit that some players are not good enough for playing for Man Utd?
If you are club which goal is to be best in the country then you can't have a player who is average in most of football things. Henderson, Awb, McT, Jones, Dalot.....story is the same; "He is not that good in this, this and this but hey, he is great in tackling/passion/crossing".
With standards like that, we will never be even close to top.

I can understand lower standards over some youth players but regarding first team players? It is baffling to me
What was John O'Shea excellent at?

Bwuk

AWB could never put in a performance like James did tonight

OverratedOpinion

I really don't rate him highly but one thing this season has shown me is that randomly deciding to play your backup full backs every game to be different is a bad decision. AWB and Shaw are twice the players Telles and Dalot are.

Redlyn

I'd say DM is the only position that is clearly more important. Then there are a few different positions that are all about equal, and rightback is one of them.
For starters I'd rather have 2 CM before a RB seeing as both Pogba and Matic are leaving and DVB can't even cut it at Everton.

led_scholes

I really don't rate him highly but one thing this season has shown me is that randomly deciding to play your backup full backs every game to be different is a bad decision. AWB and Shaw are twice the players Telles and Dalot are.
Regarding Telles, I don't think it was a decision, just no other option available. But we played with Shaw and AWB at the beginning. We didn't do that well either.

OverratedOpinion

Regarding Telles, I don't think it was a decision, just no other option available. But we played with Shaw and AWB at the beginning. We didn't do that well either.
No but they have at least shown the ability to be a part of a United team that looks like a professional football team (Shaw has done a lot more than that to be fair).

Status
Not open for further replies.