Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

CanadianUtd

Supports
Vancouver, Boston
Really impressed by AWB’s attacking performance today. Seems to have taken the next step and was very comfortable on the ball. Way more natural than he was at times his first and second years.

…was hard to keep track of his 2nd half for me just because of how tantalizing the team played then. However I’m very very certain the team played quite a bit more through the right side of the pitch which only made them that much more unpredictable in their attack. And I feel that was virtually a direct result of AWB joining the attack as well as he did. Didn’t just have to funnel the ball through the left side of the pitch and get trapped.

& in hindsight, AWB getting snubbed on England’s Euro squad is maybe the best thing that could have happened to him. He had so much mileage playing week in-week out. Looked very fresh out there today and as expected he won’t have much time off during the season. Every second of rest from this summer will go a long long ways !

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
His attacking game has improved so much, he had very good game.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Holy crap, he actually looked confident on the ball and running forward. That’s literally all we need from him, because you know he’ll lock down the opposing winger. But running forward confidently and providing an outlet that our players are confident in finding.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Quietly had an excellent season last season, with goal contribution numbers similar to Shaw.
Predicting an even better season for him this time around when he has Sancho/Greenwood ahead of him & Varane next to him.

Sylar

He looks so calm and composed on the ball. Its a difference to what we saw when he first joined when it looked like he didnt want the ball. Its great.

The problem is, we need him for every big game. So we need to be careful and maybe use Dalot for some of the 'lesser' games when we get to the 3 in a week or 6 in 20 days spell.

SuperiorXI

Really good performance today, he's improving all the time. He's the only one for me in that (new) back line that isn't quite "there" yet but he's on his way.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Even if he isn't perfect- I find him a very interesting player to watch.

The slide tackles, the anxiety you get when a quick pass is sent suddenly to AWB, only for him to take it down like his first touch is made out of glue, those quick direct and accurate passes he sends directly in to a team mates feet, the one twos that look impossible but still happens etc.

I personally can see why Ole took the chance on him being our RB.

jem

Even if he isn't perfect- I find him a very interesting player to watch.

The slide tackles, the anxiety you get when a quick pass is sent suddenly to AWB, only for him to take it down like his first touch is made out of glue, those quick direct and accurate passes he sends directly in to a team mates feet, the one twos that look impossible but still happens etc.

I personally can see why Ole took the chance on him being our RB.
I agree. His style isn't always the most pleasing on the eye, although he looks more assured on the ball these days. If everyone is fit and on form, we have an incredible defence, with some very capable depth in Telles, Dalot, Lindelof, and Bailly.

Eddy_JukeZ

His ball carrying from the back is pretty damn good.

Sometimes his passing can be a bit erratic, but he's become much better going forward it must be said.

Nick7

Thought he was very good. Impressive on the ball. Still needs to work on his passing.

Drifter

American
Still needs to work on going forward, not sure if he will ever improve on that.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
He has the most puzzling pace I've ever seen on a player. He never looks like he's moving that fast but he just strides away from players with ease.

Litch

Watched him yesterday live, brilliant defensively but really needs to improve offensively.

RedDevilRoshi

Was solid throughout. Harrison never got a sniff, in fact hardly any danger was coming down that Leeds left flank which prompted Bielsa to bring on Firpo and give them an option down the left but AWB had that side of the pitch in the palm of his hands.

What also impressed me was that he also had that determination in him to get forward as well and I thought he carried the ball extremely well. Still a bit of work to be done in that area but it is clear unless you are blind that he is improving that side of his game.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Watched him yesterday live, brilliant defensively but really needs to improve offensively.
In what ways would you like him to improve offensively? The kid has shown similar traits Evra in the build up play. Getting out of tricky situations with dynamic movement, non stop up and down. I just feel that it has become one of those cliches we say about a certain player, like he should do more offensively despite having 2 goals and 10 assist as a Man Utd fullback in two seasons - having only played in the Premier League for one season prior to that. Him doing that is proving that it was a silly notion to begin with. I mean, Bissaka hasn't made his way to the top by being a Gary Neville type of prospect. It is quite known he was a young winger with the right mentality in the wrong position, probably because he was quite good going forward to begin with so I'm not sure why people keep ignoring his attacking inputs every time. I'm confident Bissaka is a lot more naturally comfortable in offensive positions than what previous narratives have some people believe.

Honestly, I can't even remember a proper fullback being consistently great offensively while being solid defensively except for someone like Alves, Evra, R.Carlos and now out of the blue Shaw. If people expect him to reach that level then fair enough but it seems people think he is a much worse fullback going forward than Walker for instance and I don't see a big difference. You see both player go on runs offensively and contribute in the build up in a similar manner and I actually think AWB's crossing is quite a bit better than Walker's.

Reactions: golden_blunder

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I’ve been saying for 2 years that he is showing signs of improvement, give him proper support with a right winger and a solid CB pairing and we will see him get better snd better.

Chief123

I personally think he will be one of our best players this season. Simply because he can do what he does best and allow Sancho et al to do all the attacking. He has enough going forward to do an acceptable job and does enough defensively to be the very best. He'll be just fine. We have enough firepower without needing him to do anything special going forward. I can see him actually staying back for a lot of our attacks and forming a kind of back 3 while Shaw bombs forward.

I would much rather have a brilliant defending full back than compromise and find someone in between offensive and defensive.

Southampton 1:1 Man Utd

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Funny watching Southampton being totally happy for him to have the ball.

Did lead to the Bruno header, but other then that, for someone who sees the ball as much as he does, we don't really get much to show for it.

Nero

He's just terrible. You just have to laugh at the opinion that he is "improving". He's so poor that simply putting in a decent cross or playing a neat one-two is somehow seen as progression.

Kicking the ball out down the line in stoppage time sums him up.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
I dont think I have seen a player at his level so shit scared of the ball. I mean we all know what he is planning to do next, if he has the ball. There is a reason why players ways goto his side for help when he has the ball. Bruno did umpteen times today. When it was Mason , we had no one in the box.

Just look at how Livremento played today. Even AWP was decent when he came on. When you know Lamptey, Aarons all were available, it's just baffling to think we went this guy for 50m.

At this point just give Dalot consistent game time and see how it goes. With an extended run, think he will get better.

Varun

Staff
Get trippier or any FB who can actually attack. Can't have a FB who's this useless going forward when you expect to dominate 9/10 games.

PoTMS

He's just terrible. You just have to laugh at the opinion that he is "improving". He's so poor that simply putting in a decent cross or playing a neat one-two is somehow seen as progression.

Kicking the ball out down the line in stoppage time sums him up.
Already deadwood, despite people not wanting to admit it. How can you be this bad on the ball at Premier League level. Look at Southampton's right back Livramento. I'd rather spend £50m on him than the "footballer" that is Wan-Bissaka.

Dare to Zlatan

Supports
Zlatan
Fed up of watching this guy play for us. He has zero footballing I.Q, also seems to lack any enthusiasm to exert that extra bit of energy to track back, always seems so lethargic and overly reliant on his ability to win a last ditch sliding tackle.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Funny reading the top of this page and the bottom.

Had a poor game.

Status
Not open for further replies.