Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Has easily been the best full back this season for our team.

kiristao

He, Bruno and Greenwood seem to have a good understanding and do well to bring the ball out from the back. He also seems to be getting far more often in attacking positions as compared to Shaw.
My big complain about him is that you never seem him burst a lung to get back and help out if he gets caught ahead of the ball.

Ekeke

He had some good moments and bad. A few good runs forward, a few good tackles, some average crossing but he also committed and fouled for Vardy's goal. Leicester played on and his mistake meant McTominay and Lingard being the ones to pressure and deal with Perez instead of AWB. This is something your DM is in the team to fill in for and will happen with any fullback and on this occasion McTominay allows the pass back and Maguire and Lindelof have left Vardy in space who puts it in the top corner from the middle of the box. Several mistakes coming after AWB's initial mistake.

He should have moved the ball quicker when Vardy was pressing him and he gave away the foul leading to the 4th goal. Just like the first goal with Maguire and De Gea's passing, AWB was too confident and tried to do too much with the ball. Playing out from the back against hard working pressing attackers, we once again paid for it

Godfather

I've seen a lot of critique aimed at him in the United forum lately. Can someone tell me why? I actually think he's been one of our better performers this season (apart from his brainfeck against YB) and especially against Leicester.

Bebestation

I've seen a lot of critique aimed at him in the United forum lately. Can someone tell me why? I actually think he's been one of our better performers this season (apart from his brainfeck against YB) and especially against Leicester.
I think he has been our best fullback and our 2nd best defender (first probably being Varane from his brief first season - says alot).

I just think the club atmosphere is dim at the moment and it's just going to lead to everyone getting some blame. I'm not seeing complements so it's just natural.

I mean for example - we go from a club that should be competing for the title to Maguire is shit and has always been shit type of statement. I think it's just the atmosphere whether that is true or not.

Regarding Wan Bissaka- I think his attacking inability is shown even more now because a striker poacher like Ronaldo needs crosses or something.

Shaw isn't giving it. Bruno is giving it maybe once a match and Wan Bissaka isn't really connecting with Ronaldo at all so people are fustrated.

I like him as part of the squad and I think he is a great 3rd fullback to have. He is good enough to sometimes start the match depending on who we are playing, the tactics and who the LW is - and then sometimes he might be better to be on the bench whilst we start a more attacking option and potentially bring Wan Bissaka on at the end of the match - considering how many goal scorers are inverted forwards.

We do need an attacker from the right and I think that is what irritates people about AWB even though he does have his uses.

Against Leicester I felt our whole defence was whack and in general our left hand side has been the weakest this year (Shaw & maguire).

Lassitude42

I actually thought he played quite well overall at the weekend, but was caught up in the cluster that is our overall defending and "tactical approach" (unsure if we have tactics or not) at the moment

studs

This forum is fecking deluded, he had a great game and is a great defender? Me bollox is he. He can't pass,run, doesn't know where he is on the pitch.. I'm out of here, deluded I tell ya, defeckingdeluded.

Kaizane

This forum is fecking deluded, he had a great game and is a great defender? Me bollox is he. He can't pass,run, doesn't know where he is on the pitch.. I'm out of here, deluded I tell ya, defeckingdeluded.
I'm baffled too. Not sure which Wan-Bissaka people are watching, can't be ours, surely?

He should be barred from entering the opposition half! Trippier would've made lightwork of establishing himself as first choice RB had he signed.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Holy shiet, that was good performance and what a time to collect some precious CL experience for him.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
There was a lightbulb moment in this game where he said to himself ‘I’m actually a good footballer’.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Excellent game tonight, he's quietly been one our best players this season.

Dudu

Bombing forward 2nd half. You love to see it.

Keep it up!

snk123

Reminded me of Valencia today. Superb running with the ball after ages.

UtdAgain08

Top performance tonight, hopefully can build a partnership with Sancho now Rashford is back.

Devil may care

Another solid game, that driving run out of our box was fantastic, he's getting more confident running with the ball.

littleman

I've thought he's been terrible for a long time, but today he was very confident on the ball and didn't dilly dally. It was a great performance even if he can't cross.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
They shouldn't all play the way they played that second half every week but he should. Just fecking going for it rather than always looking for a reason to turn and pass back. There's no reason a fullback with his pace needs to be risk averse. He was really causing them problems tonight without doing anything clever, just by actually using his pace with intent.

Lewnited

He has a reputation for being bad on the ball, but to my eye he's one of the best ball carrying fullbacks in the league. It's not just his pace as well - he's actually a good, albeit unorthodox dribbler. When he adds that little bit of intensity as he did yesterday, he's pretty much unstoppable once he gets going. I think his ceiling is very high, he just needs more consistency.

Real Name

Bye.

Bebestation

He has a reputation for being bad on the ball, but to my eye he's one of the best ball carrying fullbacks in the league. It's not just his pace as well - he's actually a good, albeit unorthodox dribbler. When he adds that little bit of intensity as he did yesterday, he's pretty much unstoppable once he gets going. I think his ceiling is very high, he just needs more consistency.
I'm not going to say I agree or disagree - simply because he does have good performances for us but alot of people act like he never does, never has or never will.

However, there is a big part of me that is really looking forward to that Telles signing on the right hand side - hopefully slightly better than Telles and Wan Bissaka so AWB can learn to iron out some problems with some direct competiton.

He needs to just feck it and get going with it and dribble really fast and put a cross in and feel the difference in the team when someone like Trippier plays vs when he plays. He should realise that if things don't get going - he has the ability to tackle better than anyone anyway.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Some of the dribbling was superb. He is a good ball carrier anyways, topped(among the top) dribbling stats for FB even when he was at palace.

ash_86

Deserves much more credits than he's getting currently. His dribbling has been good this season, especially that body faint , where he comes away witht he ball most of the times. last night he skipped around few players and came through easily, which shows that he's playing with confidence.

El Jefe

One bad 10 minute spell and the wolves will be out again saying he's useless outside of tackling and hasn't improved since joining. Yesterday, just like his first 70mins vs Leicester showed he has a lot of untapped potential going forward. A better coaching setup could truly unlock him.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
Excellent game tonight, he's quietly been one our best players this season.
This. Quite funny how he and Lindelof have been our best or least shite defenders so far despie being considered weak links.

This. Quite funny how he and Lindelof have been our best or least shite defenders so far despie being considered weak links.
Lindeloff has been very poor lately. Last night he was so weak and easily rolled by their striker. He's a liability. Although Maguire has been so shit it's made Lindeloff look better.

AWB was good last night, dipped last season but hopefully he's back on track now!

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
Lindeloff has been very poor lately. Last night he was so weak and easily rolled by their striker. He's a liability. Although Maguire has been so shit it's made Lindeloff look better.

AWB was good last night, dipped last season but hopefully he's back on track now!
That's why I said least shite.

Lindelof hasn't been any more shite than Varane, let alone Maguire.

If Varane made those 2 assists Lindelof has this season, he would've been lauded as the second coming. Defensively, they all have been as poor as each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.