Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
I think he's a very good player. One of our better players this season too. Needs to work on his offensive side of his game but he is improving, was very good against Atalanta. He got caught out a lot last season defending the back post on high deliveries but he's not been exposed this season so far.

Shaws form is the far bigger concern if we're looking at fullbacks.

YikesSchmeics

I can't wait for a new manager to come in and replace AWB. All the slide tackles in the world can't make up for his inability to dribble and make simple passes. United just need to realize that this transfer didnt quite work out and that its time to move on.
The slide tackles and 1 on 1 defending are great, but his positional drifting is a serious liability now. It's less of an issue when we sit deep and counter but the further up he is expected to go, the more ragged he looks. Teams targeted the back post constantly last season with it, and it seems this year they are drawing him to the fullback leaving the winger free and that is dragging the CB's over too far leaving huge areas of the left side of the pitch wide open time and again, like we are seeing across the last 4 or 5 games. That is the sort of thing he should be improving upon at this stage of his career, but it is getting worse and worse.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Not really worried about Wan Bissaka.

After all - so many people have complained about our lack of coaching or poor coaching and Wan Bissaka has only really recieved Ole's coaching as a United player.

Look forward to what the next manager can do with him like Conte.

lex talionis

Wan-Bissaka has failed to develop his game since he joined United and is now a borderline liability. His weakness is not our most urgent priority to address but opposing left sided attacking players as well as left backs are licking their chops when he’s involved in the play.

Bwuk

I think he's a very good player. One of our better players this season too. Needs to work on his offensive side of his game but he is improving, was very good against Atalanta. He got caught out a lot last season defending the back post on high deliveries but he's not been exposed this season so far.

Shaws form is the far bigger concern if we're looking at fullbacks.
His positioning is terrible. If I was an opposition manager I’d be telling my team to look for the ball over the top or in behind on AWB.

BerryBerryShrew

Not really worried about Wan Bissaka.

After all - so many people have complained about our lack of coaching or poor coaching and Wan Bissaka has only really recieved Ole's coaching as a United player.

Look forward to what the next manager can do with him like Conte.
This is the trade off with Conte. He will make AWB a machine (or else bring back Laird and make him a top RB) and will help Shaw reach new heights but the likes of Rashford and Greenwood may suffer under him, given that he prioritises workrate over attacking output in all but the rarest of cases.

Oranges038

I'd have been on the blower to Swansea first thing Monday morning to bring Laird back.

This guy just ain't good enough.

Foxbatt

His positioning is terrible. If I was an opposition manager I’d be telling my team to look for the ball over the top or in behind on AWB.
Thats what Leicester and Liverpool did. Especially when we have Greenwood in front of him. I think it is a huge coaching issue. You simply cannot believe that any decent coach is not going to see these and try to rectify these?

edgecutter

50 million and already he looks like he needs replacing. And people tell me that Ole made great signings :houllier:

el3mel

That was a great performance. Everywhere along the line, got into many good positions and his tackling was superb.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Mentioned it before but he has such an unusual but effective dribbling technique. It always looks like he has taken a heavy touch or is about to lose the ball but he is in full control really.

AFC NimbleThumb

Hes done some great stuff over the last small few games. Brave dribbling running and crossing. If he can keep this up he’ll be a weapon. Reckon his top level could be as good as Shaw was on the other side last season
Hey?

kundalini

There were moments in the first half when he was quite creative, then he'd look lost in the attacking third for the next 10 mins. Sensational effort to get back to block Son's shot, even though he was given offside.

Ekeke

I wasnt sure he could really play the RM/RWB role but he was lightning carrying the ball forward

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
He is a player who has a good game for us most of the time (especially this season)- proof is in here - but the day after the match its like everyone immediately forgets and he instantly turns to shit in everyone's head :lol:

Golden Nugget

That block on Son was amazing, especially as I felt he looked on.

brilliant march from him, especially first half.

El Jefe

He is a player who has a good game for us most of the time (especially this season)- proof is in here - but the day after the match its like everyone immediately forgets and he instantly turns to shit in everyone's head :lol:
:lol: this is so true. I can admit he does have bad games at times but his hate club act as if since he's been here he hasn't been one of our most consistent performers week in week out.

Skills

Snitch
He's got some of the right tools. He holds the ball really well & his touch is quite good.

The passing, decision making and timing needs a lot of work. But thats way beyond the talents of Solskjaer and co - so he'll always be the same player.

kiristao

Very good game. I just love his understanding with Bruno when trying to bring the ball out of defense.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
I really don't see it with him. Had some threat with his dribbling, not a lot of end product. Am I that biased?

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Yep exactly this, I said the other week that he's quietly been one of our best performers this season and its still true.

snk123

Very good game. Honestly thought he would struggle as a wing back but looks more suited to it.

Devil may care

Some driving runs but the end product isn't improving on the progression he showed last season, brilliant piece of defending when Son was clean through.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I wasn't expecting anything from him as a wing back. Pleasantly surprised by his attacking contribution. Plus he had his head screwed on defensively. Much, much improved tonight.

lex talionis

Played well. That lunging tackle on Son was crucial but his performance going forward was decent.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Thought he did well today.

He's going to have to seriously up his attacking game generally if the plan is to use him as a wing-back though.

FatTails

I was one of the people who said he’s kinda hopeless going forward, but he was actually pretty good today! Long may it continue.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I’m really not sure what people saw in his offensive game today that impressed them. Defensively he was very good though, some wonderful blocks and tackles.

The United

His ball carrying was pretty good.

His final ball obviously needs some improvement.

This observation is not about this game though. But, I think he should stay on his feet more often when he is in no man's land. I believe a couple of goals conceded in the past 3-4 games came from him lunging at attacker unnecessarily high on the pitch but failed to get the ball which opened up tons of spaces on his side.

Status
Not open for further replies.