Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleKingCeadd

Unfortunately AWB is being played in a position which he is not cable of doing.
Defensively he is normally very good.
Attacking he is terrible
Give him both to do effects his ability to defend.

AWB is a out & out RB not a WB

Unfortunately Ole's dedication to play other players in the starting 11 is forcing us to play with wing backs.

dutchred

I don’t think AWB has 2 good games in a row for about 6 months. I would rather just sell him now than let him stink up the place for years to come. RB is such an important position.
If we continue with 3 5 2 then Ethan or Diego are better options

Yorkeontop

meonbottom

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
I sense sarcasm.

Show me stats from other nerds then, I'm open to conceding my stance.
Why is your stance based on algorithms from a random internet site?
If it helps you make up your mind, I probably know more about football than them, and Bissaka isn't a great fullback

VanDeBank

Ma’am
I sense sarcasm.

Show me stats from other nerds then, I'm open to conceding my stance.
According to that algorithm Bram Nuytink is a better fullback than Dumfries, which is funny, because Dumfries is twice the player AWB is and he's shite too. 2 assist in only a few games and the strikers he's crossing to ain't Ronaldo. But let's keep pretending expecting one good cross in 3 months is a bar too high for a ManUtd fullback.

I'm sure LVG and Koeman are idiots for not calling up Bram Nuytink. Do you think they haven't heard of stats sites or do you think they scouted them with their eyeballs?

And to get back to AWB. Walker and Tripp are rightfully ahead of him for England. I think Walker is bang average and Tripp looked iffy for Tottenham plenty.

AWB isn't good enough and his attitude is fecking shite too given by his off the pitch antics.

So to answer your question:

Dumfries 2 assists (while sharing game time with Darmian)
AWB 0 assists

See, how can you argue with stats?

GoldanoGraham

Poor guy - his manager is putting him in a position to highlight his weakness…..we were all aware that once he crossed the half way line he was limited….he excels in his own half, specifically one on one

so the manager sets out to rectify this….we buy the best performing RW in the Bundesliga for a shit load of cash…….

and what do we do?

bench the solution and ask AWB to play as an attacking full back……

Yorkeontop

meonbottom
Why is your stance based on algorithms from a random internet site?
If it helps you make up your mind, I probably know more about football than them, and Bissaka isn't a great fullback
I actually didn't base my opinion on those advanced stats. Like you I have a gut feeling about what I am seeing out there and I went to see whether my gut was letting me down. I of course got stats to back up viewpoint but I am willing to see others that don't.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
According to that algorithm Bram Nuytink is a better fullback than Dumfries, which is funny, because Dumfries is twice the player AWB is and he's shite too. 2 assist in only a few games and the strikers he's crossing to ain't Ronaldo. But let's keep pretending expecting one good cross in 3 months is a bar too high for a ManUtd fullback.

I'm sure LVG and Koeman are idiots for not calling up Bram Nuytink. Do you think they haven't heard of stats sites or do you think they scouted them with their eyeballs?

And to get back to AWB. Walker and Tripp are rightfully ahead of him for England. I think Walker is bang average and Tripp looked iffy for Tottenham plenty.

AWB isn't good enough and his attitude is fecking shite too given by his off the pitch antics.

AWB 0 assists

What is he up to off the pitch?

Hes fecking shite on it!

Yorkeontop

meonbottom

AWB 0 assists

Advanced stats take various categories into question though. The game is not one dimensional would you agree?

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
I actually didn't base my opinion on those advanced stats. Like you I have a gut feeling about what I am seeing out there and I went to see whether my gut was letting me down. I of course got stats to back up viewpoint but I am willing to see others that don't.
Then that's fair enough, I read it as you solely being swayed by the lists such as that one. My mistake.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Advanced stats take various categories into question though. The game is not one dimensional would you agree?
Mate the algorithm is shite. Don't believe everything you see on the internet.

You're putting value into an algorithm that ranks Oscar Mingueza the 10th best fullback in the world.

Like look, my gut is telling me AWB is being judged harshly. You put Walker in our team and you give City AWB and you'd see that to be the case I reckon.
Walker is easily one of City's worst starters though. But yes our problems arent solely down to AWB, which is the straw man you're deconstructing there. Thinking he's not good enough is something different altogether and seeing with your eyeballs he can't cross is much better evidence of that than any algorithm on the planet.

Yorkeontop

meonbottom
Mate the algorithm is shite. Don't believe everything you see on the internet.

You're putting value into an algorithm that ranks Oscar Mingueza the 10th best fullback in the world.

Walker is easily one of City's worst starters though. But yes our problems arent solely down to AWB, which is the straw man you're deconstructing there. Thinking he's not good enough is something different altogether and seeing with your eyeballs he can't cross is much better evidence of that than any algorithm on the planet.
1. Give me better nerds then fellas. There's value there but I'm willing to concede it's not the end all.

2. I'd like to think a better coached team would get more out of him. Maybe that entails him not crossing the ball but rather advancing things offensively in a different manner.

Rajma

He’s just another dud that Ole and his scouting team have wasted a lot of money on. Against city he was just lost and had fear in his eyes as he completely crumbled under OT pressure, it can be a ruthless place if you’re not very strong mentally. He has his uses but technically he’s limited but maybe a new manager can find a system that covers up his weaknesses somehow but I doubt it.

Based Adnan

Hilarious looking back on the club briefing the media on how they revamped the scouting department and scouted 804 right backs before deciding on Wan Bissaka for £50m

Incompetency on full display

Mojo_pin

All he does is dwell on the ball and stop play. Bang average with very few unexpected moments of class.

Lee565

Why do any fans still rate him and want him in our starting 11, I would take telles or dalot of him, yeah they ain't great defensively just like bissaka but at least they are better on the ball than this transfer flop

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
His header for the first goal, I'm sorry but that is basic schoolboy defending. It is so stupid I worry about his intelligence.
If you have no idea what's behind, you need to boot it out for corner

spiriticon

I reckon he and Pogba have a got a cheeky bet on who can coast with the least intensity to the end of the season

united for life

His header for the first goal, I'm sorry but that is basic schoolboy defending. It is so stupid I worry about his intelligence.
If you have no idea what's behind, you need to boot it out for corner
what’s painfully funny is that he headed the ball to a corner at the end of the game when there was actually no one around him. The ball could’ve just went out…

what has happened to you wan bissaka, at least you used to know how to defend…

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I honestly wouldn’t even give him a 0.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
what’s painfully funny is that headed the ball at the end of the game when there was actually no one around him. The call could’ve just went out…

I swear I also thought about that moment when I posted. Both instances displayed terrible decision making in normal situations

stoinz

He used to be very good defensively while not so good going forward. But seems to deteriorate this year. Looks sluggish and a bit lazy, not sure if it is lack of competition or overplayed but the AWB now shouldn't be in the starting line up.

Andersonson

Maybe the worst first choice RB we've ever had. His technical ability isn't worthy for club in the champions league.

Firstouch20

No club with aspirations of winning trophies should have a full back as shockingly bad going forward as he is. Look at Chelsea's full backs today and how much they offer going forward and the kind of dimension that adds to their attack. Full back's like Wan Bissaka belong in the stone ages of football and will be all together extinct at top clubs very soon. The scout who thought he was a right fit for an elite football club needs to be sacked.

Glorio

Used to be a fan, but this season he's obviously looking complacent. When Josh King was driving at us, he was just jogging till it suddenly occurred to him that Josh was close to goal. All of a sudden he gained a lot more ground when he actually sprinted.

Ollie Derbyshire

He’s lost all confidence, been in shocking form this season, shame we didn’t get an experienced RB in the summer cause I don’t rate Dalit either. Can Telles play RB?

BuzzKillington

Trippier is pretty much a must buy at this point. AwB is the reason our right side is the place where football goes to die. No amount of sliding tackles can make up for how poor he is going forward.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Yes and no. He's always had fairly poor positioning, lazy getting back and terrible in the air, but he was largely saved by being the best 1v1 defender I've ever seen.

These days he seems to have actually declined a bit in his 1v1 defensive ability, but mostly it's very obvious he's getting far less opportunities to actually do it. Opposition teams and players have adjusted to him, and rather than trying to take him on 1v1 they just pass it around him. He's literally in the bottom 1% of fullbacks in the top 5 leagues for how many dribblers have attempted to get past him this season so far. They've realised that there's simply no point trying, especially when playing around and behind him gets so much joy instead.

united for life

Yes and no. He's always had fairly poor positioning, lazy getting back and terrible in the air, but he was largely saved by being the best 1v1 defender I've ever seen.

These days he seems to have actually declined a bit in his 1v1 defensive ability, but mostly it's very obvious he's getting far less opportunities to actually do it. Opposition teams and players have adjusted to him, and rather than trying to take him on 1v1 they just pass it around him. He's literally in the bottom 1% of fullbacks in the top 5 leagues for how many dribblers have attempted to get past him this season so far. They've realised that there's simply no point trying, especially when playing around and behind him gets so much joy instead.
he’s lazy. His body language is lazy. I saw him applauding the away fans after the match. He was lazy doing that too…

spiriticon

I really really miss Antonio Valencia.

I ask for forgiveness from the great AV25 for thinking he was a bad right back.

Oranges038

He's a lazy shite who thinks he's made by just being at the club.

Aside from tackles everything else about his game is league 1 standard at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.