Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
More than on penalty (which was stupid and careless), i am pissed on situation before the penalty when Alonso saved the ball at corner flag. AWB could and should go for that ball. Even if Alonso would be on the ball first, AWB would have closed him down. But AWB just was casual and thinking; "Why run, ball is going out".
That is another his weakness. Guy is just too casual

M Bison

Supports
York City
First 10-15 mins he was all over the place and was asleep, i thought he grew into the game though, and gave a decent account of himself. He was unlucky with the pen i thought and a great tackle/block on Werner around 70 mins.

The difference in footballing ability between him and James is night and day unfortunately.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Tomiyasu
James
Azpiclicueta
Perreira
Justin
Castagne
Trent
Lamptey
Walker
Cancelo
It’s scary that this comment is actually true. 50 million. Though I’m hoping Ralph can get him going because to be honest he has the physicality and attributes to be a lot better. He just looks like one of those players who hasn’t been developed at all due to our abysmal coaches and he still seems so raw and has so many bad habits that should by now have been eradicated.
We got robbed. Hopefully someone can take him back for 25m as he can still be a good player for some mid table sides.

OverratedOpinion

Which part was quite good? Interested in this

The block on Werner was important but what else?
He won the ball multiple times, didn't drift out of position as much as he normally does, he was not bad when it game to passing or dribbling the ball out of defence which is important in a match like that.

He was fine. I think he is generally rubbish and not our way forward but he did okay today.

Jackal981

I said there are atleast 10 right backs in epl whom I would take above him and I was crucified here for saying it.

Apologies, I am repeating this very often but can't digest the fact we spent 50m on him. Such a horrible awful signing.

Just give Dalot a run on the side.
Rafael was 10x the player this guy is. Honestly other than tackling he is horrible in every aspect. Shit touch, shit pass and cross, shit positioning, shit heading. And he is not even that fast somehow

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Doesn't seem to learn which is a bad sign when he's a player who has so many areas to improve on.
The amount of times he leaves the back post open is worrying. That Rudiger chance should've been a goal. I don't know what he was doing there. Chelsea only had Lukaku in the centre and our centre backs were in position.

Sylar

He won the ball multiple times, didn't drift out of position as much as he normally does, he was not bad when it game to passing or dribbling the ball out of defence which is important in a match like that.

He was fine. I think he is generally rubbish and not our way forward but he did okay today.
Fair enough and thanks for replying
Intriguing how we all see the game differently

I did laugh when he did so well to dribble out near the end then just gave it back to them :lol:

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
More than on penalty (which was stupid and careless), i am pissed on situation before the penalty when Alonso saved the ball at corner flag. AWB could and should go for that ball. Even if Alonso would be on the ball first, AWB would have closed him down. But AWB just was casual and thinking; "Why run, ball is going out".
That is another his weakness. Guy is just too casual
He did this vs reece james also when the ball came from the left side of the pitch as a cross. He waited to see where it would end up, and reece james put in a nice cross because of it.

OverratedOpinion

Fair enough and thanks for replying
Intriguing how we all see the game differently

I did laugh when he did so well to dribble out near the end then just gave it back to them :lol:
Yeah he will never be great on the ball but in the context of this match that moment still was not a huge negative honestly.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
I don't understand how a guy who is quite possibly the best 1 v 1 defender in the world can be so clueless at marking players who don't have the ball. I'm also confused at how a guy who became a professional footballer as a winger can be so useless going forward

The Purley King

I have stuck up for him a lot but I ran out of patience today.
He is an incredible athlete , fast, strong, invincible one on one but (and it is a huge but) he does not have an awareness of the game. He doesn’t sense where the danger might come from. He wanders up field when his winger is running in behind. His positional awareness is appalling. Also he gives the ball away so many times and it stems of not being aware of who he can pass it to.
I don’t think you can teach that at his age. You know it or you don’t. I don’t want trippier or some other has been we should recall laird if we can.
I like him a lot and I like his attitude I just don’t think he will ever be good enough

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
I have stuck up for him a lot but I ran out of patience today.
He is an incredible athlete , fast, strong, invincible one on one but (and it is a huge but) he does not have an awareness of the game. He doesn’t sense where the danger might come from. He wanders up field when his winger is running in behind. His positional awareness is appalling. Also he gives the ball away so many times and it stems of not being aware of who he can pass it to.
I don’t think you can teach that at his age. You know it or you don’t. I don’t want trippier or some other has been we should recall laird if we can.
I like him a lot and I like his attitude I just don’t think he will ever be good enough
Damn this is actually true because you see it often that he and his winger are almost right next to each other near the opposite corner flag.

AbstruseAlan

He's simply not good enough. Great 1v1 defender but that's about it. Has he ever even said a word during a match? Seems to just be happy being involved.

The Purley King

Damn this is actually true because you see it often that he and his winger are almost right next to each other near the opposite corner flag.
If you had a player cam of him throughout the game this would be more apparent. I don’t go to games but it’s clear even from the tv coverage

OverratedOpinion

I don't understand how a guy who is quite possibly the best 1 v 1 defender in the world can be so clueless at marking players who don't have the ball. I'm also confused at how a guy who became a professional footballer as a winger can be so useless going forward
He grew up playing for a side that rarely have the ball, he suits that style of football perfectly. That is why he seemed such a prospect there.

Lee Cattemole suited playing for Sunderland in the Premier League like a glove, so would Wan-Bissaka.

Idxomer

The club should be ruthless and put him on the transfer list, someone surely will bite.

Redlyn

I dread to imagine if Ralph has us playing narrow and the width has time come from him. God help us.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
He's a disaster waiting to happen when under pressure. Very clumsy on the ball, very clumsy off it, switches off very often and technically very poor. His tackling which was the reason why so many praised him before we signed him is the only decent thing about him and even then, deciding to go through a player that has his back to goal. Why?

CallyRed

His position is under threat, regardless who comes in as permanent manager.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
I questioned his attacking quality a while ago. He's a great tackler. I guess it wasn't the case when we bought him maybe, but there's hardly a shortage of quality english right backs at the moment with TAA, Walker, Trippier, Lamptey, Aarons, James, Livramento. I've probably missed some. But how did we manage to get arguably the weakest attacker out of that lot for £50m?

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Will be interesting to see what Rangnick makes of him. I think we will sign a new RB in January and a MF also.

Roboc7

He just hasn’t improved since he joined which him and Ole have to take responsibility for, always massively over priced but there was potential.

I assume Rangnick won’t be able to sign anyone and there isn’t really any competition for his position so he’s got until end of season to start improving.

AFC NimbleThumb

For a period, you could bat away critiques with talking up his defence but watching him is like seeing a player that’s playing the game a second or so behind the rest of the players on the pitch.

I feel similar with him as I do with a number of the current defenders, I don’t think if their competitors [in this case Dalot] we’re afforded as many opportunities that we’d see a huge drop off. He’s a better defender than Dalot but 2 years ago I’d thought that alone warranted his place but the drop off along with his near non-existent offensive game mean we should give Dalot a proper run off games imo.

shabz

Unless there's a level to him that hasn't been unlocked, I don't see him being our starting RB next season. Awful going forward, positionally weak and all his defending is reactive rather than proactive. One on one defending is his quality and is why he excelled at a club like Palace. Just doesn't cut it for United when you see what the other top teams have in the fullback position.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
He hasn’t improved at all and I don’t think there is room for improvement. Any good quality right back available next summer?

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
He hasn’t improved at all and I don’t think there is room for improvement. Any good quality right back available next summer?

Mazraoui, our own Laird. Livramento, Aarons and Trippier are interesting.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
He's not going to be able to gengenpress with his lack of quality on the ball. I expect he'll be sold.

Status
Not open for further replies.