Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Long Time Red

People forget that this is a player who gave a 9/10 performance against Neymar and Mbappe in the CL not so long ago

He's inconsistent, and clearly has a lot of room for improvement, but he is far from a nothing player.

On his day, he is an elite defender capable of nullifying the best attackers in the world. Hopefully some rotation and good management will help him improve and find consistency.

Both him and Telles deserve to start the next leg

I think he just lost his confidence at the start of the season during our difficult run and found the adversity difficult..

If he can rediscover his confidence then he will be vital in the coming weeks when we will come up against Mane, Son, Sterling etc.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Surprised his hate club haven't come in here to construct a way in which he was terrible today and prove he isn't a footballer.
Touche'.
The Shaw/Maguire/Pogba/Bruno/Rashford and Ronaldo haters will be on here, no problem.

Long Time Red

I bet he's going to be the starting RB pretty soon again and will begin next season as such. I don't see Dalot surviving these next few big games.
There was a story in one of the papers about a player who Rangnick gave a 45 minute personal session too and then continued to ignore the instruction in a game.

I wonder if it was Dalot?

What I find strange is that if Dalot's first choice, why didn't he play against Leeds at the weekend if he wasn't going to play tonight?

flappyjay

I think he just lost his confidence at the start of the season during our difficult run and found the adversity difficult..

If he can rediscover his confidence then he will be vital in the coming weeks when we will come up against Mane, Son, Sterling etc.
I definitely know that's who I want against those 3.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
This is why I don't feel like selling him.

Use him only when we need to concentrate on defending. It's a nice thing to have in your squad.

United in sin

There was a story in one of the papers about a player who Rangnick gave a 45 minute personal session too and then continued to ignore the instruction in a game.

What I find strange is that if Dalot's first choice, why didn't he play against Leeds at the weekend if he wasn't going to play tonight?
That's a good question. I thought he was definitely starting tonight. Tonight would've been a huge test for him and wanted to see if he'd rise to the challenge since he's been getting so much game time. It kinda says something that he didn't even come on for Lindelof. I do think he'll be restored against Watford.

Last edited:

stevoc

Maybe he isn't?

I think people seen Dalot getting a run of games and assumed that Rangnick preferred him. But a lot seemed to have missed that AWB was ill for a few weeks and wasn't available (don't know if it was Covid).

Love him or hate him, it made a big difference having an actual RB on the pitch who knew where to be and where to run. Whether Dalot is better or not AWB needs to stay.

Oranges038

Surprisingly he wasn't terrible.

There's no point going over board with the praise. Seen enough of him already to know he just isn't good enough.

United in sin

This. He said someone was pedantic while he himself said AWB is better than Dalot because of 0,001 difference in stats :lol: . Seriously ? Is WB his husband or what ? Maybe that RR guy know something eh when he dropped WB immediately after he took over us. Proudly speaking about 2 goals that WB scored during his tenure with us too. :nervous:
Didn't notice this trainwreck of a post. Guess who's starting at RB today?

slored1

Thought he played OK. Both fullbacks did, not sure why Telles came off.

Cloud7

He was pretty good today. Arguably our second best player after Matic

Telsim

Good game from him against Watford. Active, got himself involved a lot and didn’t let anything past him. But I just wish he offered more when attacking. His deficiency there just adds up on an already creativity-and-finishing deficient squad.

Ekeke

Good game from him against Watford. Active, got himself involved a lot and didn’t let anything past him. But I just wish he offered more when attacking. His deficiency there just adds up on an already creativity-and-finishing deficient squad.
Not the case today. 3 key passes and a headed attempt which was unlucky

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Competitive & aggressive.

If that header from him went in as a winner, I'd think he deserved it.

mctrials23

He was fine today but we dominated the game and he wasn't asked to do much. Good players play well under adversity. We have far too many players that are OK in games like today but as soon as the going is tough or the opposition press us they fall apart. AWB is massively in that camp.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
His defending is really driving me crazy, he casually jogs to his player when the game is sqitched only to make up for it with a last diteched tackle. Like It's a good skill but I am not sure why he leaves so much space to the player who can easily control the ball and find his finish/pass.

Today he was lucky not to leak one when King passed it to towards Dennis I think. Just don't understand why his brain switches off in those situations, just stay fecking tight, don't let your attacker have the time to get the ball under control or prepare the next move. Really childish level marking.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
His defending is really driving me crazy, he casually jogs to his player when the game is sqitched only to make up for it with a last diteched tackle. Like It's a good skill but I am not sure why he leaves so much space to the player who can easily control the ball and find his finish/pass.

Today he was lucky not to leak one when King passed it to towards Dennis I think. Just don't understand why his brain switches off in those situations, just stay fecking tight, don't let your attacker have the time to get the ball under control or prepare the next move. Really childish level marking.
For today he was enough, even made a run for a header which could make him a scorer of a winner... but don't worry, he'll be definitely tested in next five games for sure.

United in sin

He was fine today but we dominated the game and he wasn't asked to do much. Good players play well under adversity. We have far too many players that are OK in games like today but as soon as the going is tough or the opposition press us they fall apart. AWB is massively in that camp.
Are you talking about this season in isolation or overall?

Alan Pardew

Supports
Newcastle United
One of the worst RBs I have ever seen playing in a Manchester United shirt.

Greck

I mean he wasn't bad but there wasn't exactly a possession battle. Our fullbacks and central players got to push up against little resistance and almost no pressure in the 2nd half. Let me just leave it at he was decent today.

Status
Not open for further replies.