Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Teja

So is he likely to be available in the summer or what? Would love to see AWB at RB and Tyrick Mitchell at LB for us.
Knowing United, we'll just let him rot in the reserves until he becomes bitter and leaves on a free at the end of his contract.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
He's even below Walker Pieters in Southgates mind

Not that it's a great mind... But still.
That's not a bad take though. Walker Peters is the better player.

Honestly have no idea what we thought we saw in him. It was obvious from the start he had a slide tackle to his game and not a lot else.

Based Adnan

Any new manager worth his salt should send this guy packing at the first chance. Never a player for a modern top club.

Shipperley

Supports
CPFC
Would a loan be out of the question I wonder? I can’t see any club would bid any more than £20m for him. I think he needs to regain his confidence after a difficult couple of years. I remain convinced there’s a player in there

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
Worst piece of 50m ever spent on a player let alone a rb, he's shit at everything, only if you count tackling as something a big club our size should be cheering for...

I'm hoping he is shipped out in the summer for whatever reasonable fee, I'm still wondering why he played those two or three games at the end of February and beginning of March ahead of dalot.

Shipperley

Supports
CPFC
For a relegation-threatened club who want to sit without the ball for 70% of the game there is, for sure.
Most clubs don’t need Trent at right-back, we’re in 11th having played Joel Ward there for the majority of the season. The AWB we sold would slot in perfectly, he’s down on confidence but I’d back him to refind his mojo at Palace under Vieira.

RuudTom83

Any club in the bottom half would love to have him…if only to keep Sterling quite twice a year.

JeffFromHK

Would be happy to sell him at anything above 20 million pounds. He isn't even England's 6th best RB.

JB7

Think some of the comments are harsh, he's comfortably better than Dalot but that isn't saying a lot. I think there is a player there and it would be interesting to see him under a different manager but equally I do think he probably isn't going to reach the level we need so wouldn't be against replacing him in the summer.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Think some of the comments are harsh, he's comfortably better than Dalot but that isn't saying a lot. I think there is a player there and it would be interesting to see him under a different manager but equally I do think he probably isn't going to reach the level we need so wouldn't be against replacing him in the summer.
Is he? Maybe in tackling but he's not even that good overall defensively. Frequently loses his man and ends up out of position.

I don't really rate Dalot but he's better than AWB.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
He’s worse than Dalot, at least this season. Wan Bissaka is useless when he’s vertical, and can’t actually play football. That’s a massive issue. How we paid so much money for someone who plainly lacks even basic football skills is the most baffling thing about Ole’s time here in my opinion.

JB7

Is he? Maybe in tackling but he's not even that good overall defensively. Frequently loses his man and ends up out of position.

Yeah I think so, Dalot has a tendency to be defensively indecisive and ending up doing nothing whereas AWB makes rash decisions which on balance I'd say end up costing us less often than doing nothing. I'd also rather have AWB putting a cross into the box than Dalot (which I appreciate is a bit like asking which of your aunties you'd want to see your dad in bed with) as he occasionally does put a good ball in whereas Dalot just doesn't despite his reputation.

I'm not saying either are good enough but Dalot is abysmal and from what we've seen from AWB over his time at the club is that he's better than abysmal. I understood Dalot getting a prolonged opportunity in the team because AWB had gone to pieces but yeah, of the two give me AWB every time. I'm not saying right back wouldn't be one of my main positions to sign a player in the summer though because it would be.

JB7

He’s worse than Dalot, at least this season. Wan Bissaka is useless when he’s vertical, and can’t actually play football. That’s a massive issue. How we paid so much money for someone who plainly lacks even basic football skills is the most baffling thing about Ole’s time here in my opinion.
Case in point about the harsh comments. He can play football he just went to the Chris Smalling school of looking bloody awkward.

2 man midfield

Case in point about the harsh comments. He can play football he just went to the Chris Smalling school of looking bloody awkward.
It’s not even harsh, I’ve been watching him every week for nearly 3 years and he can’t do it. Smalling was different in that he was gangly and awkward looking, took a while to release the ball etc, but he could actually pass if required to. Wan Bissaka can’t even control the thing when under the slightest amount of pressure. He needs to replaced ASAP if we’re a team which hopes to play anything resembling decent football.

JB7

It’s not even harsh, I’ve been watching him every week for nearly 3 years and he can’t do it. Smalling was different in that he was gangly and awkward looking, took a while to release the ball etc, but he could actually pass if required to. Wan Bissaka can’t even control the thing when under the slightest amount of pressure. He needs to replaced ASAP if we’re a team which hopes to play anything resembling decent football.
So have I and I don't agree, it is harsh. He can play football and if we sell him, will go to another Premier League club. Which shows that he can literally play football. I agree that he should be replaced which I've said twice in the last 20 minutes but that doesn't mean he's automatically the worst thing in the world. He's a player I imagine would improve under another manager but not to the level we would need, but he'd be fine back at Palace or somewhere like that - the same Palace who this season have correctly earned plaudits for playing football.

Oranges038

This is true but it's just a testament to how English clubs still much prefer athleticism over actual footballing ability.

AWB - for Palace

I've posted this before but even that one video in a nutshell is a concise summary of what we've seen from him at Utd. Look up any video for Utd and it's pretty much the same shite, falling all over himself on the ball, stupid slide tackles, everything is scruffy and seems like a scramble. Nothing is controlled, he lacks very basic footballing technique. How he's even made it as a PL footballer, is anyone's guess.

How anyone saw fit to spend 50m is just beyond belief.

2 man midfield

So have I and I don't agree, it is harsh. He can play football and if we sell him, will go to another Premier League club. Which shows that he can literally play football. I agree that he should be replaced which I've said twice in the last 20 minutes but that doesn't mean he's automatically the worst thing in the world. He's a player I imagine would improve under another manager but not to the level we would need, but he'd be fine back at Palace or somewhere like that - the same Palace who this season have correctly earned plaudits for playing football.
We’ll have to agree to disagree but I’ve never seen anything from him that suggests he can play for a front foot side which wants to attack. He’d be fine for palace, Burnley or any other lower table PL side but a top club that wants to have the ball in the opposition half - like Ten Hag will want to - has to be doing better than Wan Bissaka.

Sylar

That's not a bad take though. Walker Peters is the better player.

Honestly have no idea what we thought we saw in him. It was obvious from the start he had a slide tackle to his game and not a lot else.
We signed him when he was 21 right ? And apparently he was a winger when he was younger?

I honestly thought, he would be better overall. He looked like he had potential to grow into a better player with a better club. He has shown signs but I dont know if its confidence or lack of cohesion in the team. I understood the thought that getting a defender who can defend would be great and lead to clean sheets. And then if were controlling the game him going up and down would give us benefit and an overlap. But we havent seen that at all.

The dsappointing things for me has been the defensive side. When hes out of position he jogs. When we try to play an offside line, hes almost always out of position and gets caught out. I really thought he would have that down and its worse than I imagined.

2 man midfield

This is true but it's just a testament to how English clubs still much prefer athleticism over actual footballing ability.

AWB - for Palace

I've posted this before but even that one video in a nutshell is a concise summary of what we've seen from him at Utd. Look up any video for Utd and it's pretty much the same shite, falling all over himself on the ball, stupid slide tackles, everything is scruffy and seems like a scramble. Nothing is controlled, he lacks very basic footballing technique. How he's even made it as a PL footballer, is anyone's guess.

How anyone saw fit to spend 50m is just beyond belief.
Yeah I agree. I know it’s against Liverpool so he wouldn’t be attacking much but the video shows exactly what we know he can do, ie defend one on one. It’s once he crosses the half way he panics. It’s not like with Maguire where he might have once looked promising, I don’t think he was ever that impressive for palace. It’s why a football director is so important for us because if the club knew where it was going it would never have signed off on a deal for AWB. As soon as we went from a counter attacking side to a side which wants to press and be on the front foot it was over for Wan Bissaka and Maguire, and that’s 130m just written off.

JB7

We’ll have to agree to disagree but I’ve never seen anything from him that suggests he can play for a front foot side which wants to attack. He’d be fine for palace, Burnley or any other lower table PL side but a top club that wants to have the ball in the opposition half - like Ten Hag will want to - has to be doing better than Wan Bissaka.
So you're agreeing to disagree by basically agreeing with me? :lol:

Gordon Godot

Yeah I agree. I know it’s against Liverpool so he wouldn’t be attacking much but the video shows exactly what we know he can do, ie defend one on one. It’s once he crosses the half way he panics. It’s not like with Maguire where he might have once looked promising, I don’t think he was ever that impressive for palace. It’s why a football director is so important for us because if the club knew where it was going it would never have signed off on a deal for AWB. As soon as we went from a counter attacking side to a side which wants to press and be on the front foot it was over for Wan Bissaka and Maguire, and that’s 130m just written off.
Absolutely this. Nothing changes at Utd until we employ experienced professionals in key positions, not old boys or mates. We dont allow the next manager to buy whoever they want, we have a clear scouting and recruitment process. We build a squad for the future, not one to be gutted every two years. And we stop the stupid wages, if players wont come here for less than find one that will.

2 man midfield

So you're agreeing to disagree by basically agreeing with me? :lol:
I think he’s shit and needs replacing, you think he’s fine but also needs replacing. I think we agree on about half of it. As long as he doesn’t play for us anymore I don’t really mind :lol:

JB7

I think he’s shit and needs replacing, you think he’s fine but also needs replacing. I think we agree on about half of it. As long as he doesn’t play for us anymore I don’t really mind :lol:
I think he's better than Dalot but I certainly wouldn't say fine, but yeah, overall close enough :lol:

New right back needed, on that we can agree.

Gavinb33

I am not sure that he is or that its closer than some people think.

Dalot supposedly better at going forwards i really don't see it yes he looks more easy on the eye but i haven't seen anything in his final ball or play that warrants such praise and i'd also say he is a lot worse defensively 1 on 1 than AWB and equally susceptible to balls into the back post and such.

Is Dalot better probably but its a slim margin and for someone else it could easily be seen in AWB's favor.

Its safe to say neither have what it takes to be United's starting RB

Brophs

The One and Only
He’d best hope ETH doesn’t have a tv or the internet.

Based Adnan

The guy is a horrific footballer. Hopefully ETH doesn't even give him a chance and moves him on at the earliest possible opportunity.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He has the worst technical ability I've ever seen at United, I went to watch Partick Thistle vs Hamilton a few weeks ago and I reckon he'd be lucky to get into either of their sides.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
He's absolutely fecking dreadful... And on top of that, an absolute idiot.

Sick of watching him play for us

Walters_19_MuFc

He’d best hope ETH doesn’t have a tv or the internet.
That would apply to all of our players. Actually, id say AWB was probably one of the best out of a shitty bunch today.

Crucial tackles and blocks and some decent runs down the wing. Nothing special - far from it, but as I said, better than most and certainly better than Telles on the other side.

edgecutter

Needs to be put up for sale and take what we get for him. Tyler Blackett was more composed

UncleBob

He's absolutely fecking dreadful... And on top of that, an absolute idiot.

Sick of watching him play for us
His main problem, sadly.

Some intelligence and he could easily sort out the vast majority of his problems on the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.