Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

phelans shorts

If anything he's worse live because you can constantly see him being shit off the ball as well as on it!
My personal favourite of his traits is when a ball is played from the other wing and he just watches it go straight over his head to the winger he’s supposed to be tracking in a tonne of space. A classic bit of Wan-Bissaka
Honest question. When you have been to games have you noticed Fred trying to be everywhere and likes of McT and Donny (in the few minutes he had) hiding?

By hiding i mean not getting into space to receive the ball but instead standing by an opposition player/s thus not getting the ball and others having to pass back or sideways
Without wanting to derail things too much, Donny absolutely and it’s infuriating. Scott nowhere near to the same extent, although that’s possibly a bit of bias sneaking in that I don’t think of him as a playmaker so don’t really expect it to be an area he should excel in, unlike Donny.

Roane

There's no doubt that being at the game gives you more insight than just watching on telly. What's being disputed is the fact than Wan-Bissaka is better than he looks or is given credit for which is undoubtedly a falsehood. He's an absolute terrible footballer and I use the word footballer very loosely.
You may well be right. And maybe I expressed my point wrong.

I just see some players getting stick and believe it's more to it than them being crap.

One game I went to, for example, I saw Pogba looking up to pass and there was no movement ahead of him. He then dallied on the ball or passed back or sideways. Got slated.

Now I don't think Pogba has been all that for us recently but i do wonder if it would be as bad if our forwards moved and made runs etc?

Roane

for me that’s a simple answer…

he’s a decent enough PL fullback who’s qualities are purely defending 1v1

the problem is he’s playing for a supposed elite PL team who expect/demand more from their fullbacks, at a time when our ‘rivals’ (currently debatable) can boast the likes of TAA, James and Cancelo
TAA is a good example of what I mean. The guy gets rave reviews and rightly so. Mainly going forward. His defensive deficiencies are "covered" by team mates. "Plodders" like Henderson work hard so his deficiencies are lessened.

*I've heard Henderson get slated and called a plodder hence the speech marks. I think he is vital for the team and allows TAA to do what he does. We don't have that

Pughnichi

I think people have started thinking that I think highly of AWB. It isn't that. As i said earlier seeing him live and seeing how little help he got from likes of Greenwood just made me wonder if it was just him being crap or simply how we set up and played.
Ah ok, get your point. Without a clear system under Ole, he wasn’t helping his players at all. It was all so random so how could AWB ever appear to look decent if he didn’t know if/when Greenwood and/or others might be available (and where) to receive the ball.

Can he flourish in a defined system with clear roles/instruction.

For me, I’m doubtful. he just isn’t at the level we’ve come to expect from our fullbacks…again when we see the ability TAA, James, Cancelo can bring

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

I just see some players getting stick and believe it's more to it than them being crap.

One game I went to, for example, I saw Pogba looking up to pass and there was no movement ahead of him. He then dallied on the ball or passed back or sideways. Got slated.

Now I don't think Pogba has been all that for us recently but i do wonder if it would be as bad if our forwards moved and made runs etc?
You make a good point and I agree. It's always to move good movement around players who have a talent for passing

darioterios

I think people have started thinking that I think highly of AWB. It isn't that. As i said earlier seeing him live and seeing how little help he got from likes of Greenwood just made me wonder if it was just him being crap or simply how we set up and played.
For the bolded part, either the former or the latter to me signifies the biggest indictment of the previous management. It could be buying a crap player with little scope for individual improvement, or it might be the inability of the coaching staff to combine players in a system that could promote their strengths and cover their weaknesses. The former manager could speak whatever of the plan to transition to a ball dominant side sustaining attacking pressures, then in that case, what would be the plan for guys like AWB? They themselves could not improve him in terms of attacking contributions, so would it potentially be another 45 million down the drain? Or supposedly buying a right-sided attacking player could absolve him of attacking duties, then what has happened since then with 73 million Sancho? None of the excuses stands to me right now, pure disappointment.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa

Spot on. People under estimate on here how our players refusing to do bare minimum requirements in our system can make certain players for worse than they appear.

I love for example how our fans rave over T.A.A on here. Yet if he played for us right now they'd fecking hate him because he'd be exposed for the shockingly poor defender he is for all is attacking glory. Yet at liverpool he looks so good in the set up people dare to wonder why the England coaches are wary of him in their system.

TheReligion

Abusive
Spot on. People under estimate on here how our players refusing to do bare minimum requirements in our system can make certain players for worse than they appear.

I love for example how our fans rave over T.A.A on here. Yet if he played for us right now they'd fecking hate him because he'd be exposed for the shockingly poor defender he is for all is attacking glory. Yet at liverpool he looks so good in the set up people dare to wonder why the England coaches are wary of him in their system.
Chief. What do you think of AWB? Surely there’s something there we can use

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
It's the only way AWB will have egg on peoples faces.

He's been here for 3 years and he's no better now than the day he arrived.

£50m for him was an outrageous waste of money.
Not that hard with the level of coaching we have had in those 3 years

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I wish he was cheaper.

I'd have loved for him to be a bit of a subs bench player to come in and give some LW's a harder night than usual whenever we needed it.

Other than that there's just emptiness to parts of his game.

Sylar

He's not good enough. He... Tried? I guess.

Maybe he needs a better coach and can be a system player but he jogs too much, he gets caught out too much, and seems to be a person who relies on tackling in one on one situations

Mmm-Qatarian

Honestly, one of the only players who can come out of today with even a sliver of respect. It wasn't a spell-binding performance by any stretch but considering he had to switch sides half-way through the match to accommodate for Dalot's utter train wreck of a game I thought he did OK.

Lewnited

Yeah the one observation I had that wasn't 'we are dogshite' was that he was surprisingly not horrible on the left. Tucked nicely in to midfield and helped the team progress the ball well.

Baneofthegame

Honestly, one of the only players who can come out of today with even a sliver of respect. It wasn't a spell-binding performance by any stretch but considering he had to switch sides half-way through the match to accommodate for Dalot's utter train wreck of a game I thought he did OK.
Agreed with this.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Hes much better than Dalot. Both at defending and going forward too. He is clumsy on the ball but he actually makes decent overlapping runs and gets decent balls into the box when asked.

KeanoMagicHat

Wan-Bissaka can actually defend, rather than Dalot who doesn't understand how to do it. You can work with that and hope to see him improve under a new manager.

Blood Mage

For once you can't really say he was part of the problem today, did alright when he came on and kept Salah fairly quiet. Still a crap footballer who needs binning though.

RedDevil250

Still garbage going forward. Needs to be replaced. I cringe watching him on the ball.

Kostov

He is our best full back apart from Shaw. Dalot is total garbage in defense and not sure what the feck does he contribute in attack apart from a run here and there that lead to a ballooned cross to the stands. Start AWB on saturday.

Josh 76

For once you can't really say he was part of the problem today, did alright when he came on and kept Salah fairly quiet. Still a crap footballer who needs binning though.
AWB is probably the best man marker in the PL, but crap at everything else.

Dan_F

He probably looked a bit better on the left as Salah wouldn’t have been pressing as hard as what he was facing in the first half.

Did alright, but once that surprise element wears off he’ll be punished for trying to cut infield on his right foot in his own half. Not that I expect him to continue on the left.

pascell

That's because Salah didn't have to get out of 1st gear, by the time AWB went to LB, the damage was done. Had we pushed and prodded Liverpool more and grab a goal, they'd have smoked us even more.

£50m for this guy is one of the worst signings we've ever made and needs selling in the summer, massive mistake in signing him. Whoever signed him or recommended him, I hope isn't holding the same position at the club anymore.

SirMonteyne

He has immense talent. One of very few likable players in a team IMO. I feel like he could stop prime Messi, Ronaldo, Bale and literally everyone. Wish we had a good training coaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.