Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
AWB could never put in a performance like James did tonight
He doesn't even need to be as comfortable as James on the ball.

AWB's issue is his brain. He isn't intelligent which is a big issue, he's relying on pure instincts.

Maybe a coach like ETH can turn him around and help him. He needs to learn positioning, but mostly to stay switched on.

He is a fantastic athlete and can carry the ball really well, but I also wonder whether his heart is really in football to improve?

Sylar

He doesn't even need to be as comfortable as James on the ball.

AWB's issue is his brain. He isn't intelligent which is a big issue, he's relying on pure instincts.

Maybe a coach like ETH can turn him around and help him. He needs to learn positioning, but mostly to stay switched on.

He is a fantastic athlete and can carry the ball really well, but I also wonder whether his heart is really in football to improve?
Wish he would show this more. He jogs sooo much to get back thats its insane.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Wish he would show this more. He jogs sooo much to get back thats its insane.
I think this is maybe 2 things.

A) Our lack of possession means he rarely gets a rest moment. He was often asked to be the right wing by himself, so he'd be defending then running back up front to stand out wide. We'd then lose the ball and he'd be required to sprint back and vice versa. Nobody can run full steam forever.

B) his timing of his runs need improving. Often I've seen him attempt to make an overlapping run when we haven't got possession fully under control. We then lose the ball and he's way up the pitch out of the game. As you say in these situations he's usually then seen ball watching and dawdling back. I do wonder though if he knows he's feeling gassed, perhaps he should just play it safe and say give me 2 minutes to get my legs back.

I really do think though with a proper coach that works with him and gets the fundametals hammered into him, he could be a very good fullback. Aerially he will always suck though.

pascell

According to The Athletic, Palace are looking into signing him again.

We should sell and promote Laird, AWB is only one of few players we can sell for a half decent fee.

NoPace

According to The Athletic, Palace are looking into signing him again.

We should sell and promote Laird, AWB is only one of few players we can sell for a half decent fee.
He might need a season playing well to get a decent fee at this point. Though I do worry Vieira liking playing actual football might lead to him struggling to beat out Ward/Clyne. He's obviously comfortable and loved at Palace so that's good, but think a loan to Southampton to replace Livramento (who's out for at least all of 2022) or Leeds or Everton (if they stay up) might actually suit him better.

Sylar

I think this is maybe 2 things.

A) Our lack of possession means he rarely gets a rest moment. He was often asked to be the right wing by himself, so he'd be defending then running back up front to stand out wide. We'd then lose the ball and he'd be required to sprint back and vice versa. Nobody can run full steam forever.

B) his timing of his runs need improving. Often I've seen him attempt to make an overlapping run when we haven't got possession fully under control. We then lose the ball and he's way up the pitch out of the game. As you say in these situations he's usually then seen ball watching and dawdling back. I do wonder though if he knows he's feeling gassed, perhaps he should just play it safe and say give me 2 minutes to get my legs back.

I really do think though with a proper coach that works with him and gets the fundametals hammered into him, he could be a very good fullback. Aerially he will always suck though.
It reminds me of Evra, but Evra when he was pretty much done. AWB is 24 so you would hope its not a fitness issue (but it probably is)
I think on top of that we have no leaders out there demanding more (but its not good if he needs to be told a lot of the time to sacrifice going forward to ensure defensive duties are there when hes not covered)

Irwin99

Not even in the squad for the last game. Injured? Been a very disappointing season from him but wonder if he'll get a chance under EtH?

hobbers

If Palace offer £20m bite their fecking hands off.

If we dont get rid of him this summer there'll be Judge acolytes in the board room itching to offer him a 4 year extension and double the wages, to protect his value you understand.

Idxomer

Someone with his technique shouldn't be at the club, it's quite simple.

united for life

Dalot makes him look like a world class defender.

Average, but I would start him ahead of Dalot any day

CloneMC16

Someone in this thread said that he might be one of the troublemakers behind the scenes. I didn't think that could be possible, based on how he usually is on the pitch. He looks like a mute. Seeing had bad Telles and Dalot play every game, it says something that he can't get another look in. I now feel like something has to be up.

CloneMC16

Definitely not. He's far too dim to be a troublemaker.
It does seem unlikely, but why can't he get a start? When he came on to play at LB against Liverpool, he actually did a decent job. I'm just tired of seeing the alternatives now.

LJJT

He likes going out too much and isn’t dedicated to the game. He’s not got it in him to be good enough even though he could be

Blood Mage

Dalot has been crap but at least he plays like he cares. AWB doesn't, that's why he got dropped.

Based Adnan

Dalot has been crap but at least he plays like he cares. AWB doesn't, that's why he got dropped.
Exactly. Have people forgotten this guy constantly jogging back and looking like he'd rather be elsewhere?

On top of that I can't imagine his off the pitch antics have gone down well either. Should be one of the first out the door.

izec

He is shit. Strolling around looking disinterested. Once he plays 2 games again, you want him gone.

Offsideagain

Can’t agree with the Dalot haters. He seems to at least give it a go and has some pace. AWB was lauded by Gary Neville just before we bought him and now the same Gary Neville is battering him at every opportunity. Said it before, the media buy most of our players. We are linked with dozens on a daily basis just to fill column inches.

Irwin99

Can’t agree with the Dalot haters. He seems to at least give it a go and has some pace. AWB was lauded by Gary Neville just before we bought him and now the same Gary Neville is battering him at every opportunity. Said it before, the media buy most of our players. We are linked with dozens on a daily basis just to fill column inches.
Not seen any quotes to that effect? What have I missed?

Be interesting to see what happens to him the summer under ten Hag. Still young but has had an awful season.

AndySmith1990

Someone in this thread said that he might be one of the troublemakers behind the scenes. I didn't think that could be possible, based on how he usually is on the pitch. He looks like a mute. Seeing had bad Telles and Dalot play every game, it says something that he can't get another look in. I now feel like something has to be up.
My guess would be it's because he's lazy and shit.

NoPace

Hope the Atletico interest is true. Simeone has done brilliantly with some flawed fullbacks.

NoPace

He’s too lazy and not switched on for Simeone.
Could be, but there were rumours they want Matty Cash. AWB might look like a cheap option if they want to spend elsewhere, if it's like a 5 million loan and the right to buy him for 25M

gajender

Could be, but there were rumours they want Matty Cash. AWB might look like a cheap option if they want to spend elsewhere, if it's like a 5 million loan and the right to buy him for 25M
Make it obligation to buy rather than option then it's actually a great deal for United not so much for Atletico but I am not confident about their interest atall to be honest .

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
What a poor signing he has become. Full backs nowadays have to be so well rounded but we bought one that has one specific skill set and nothing else. And for £50m at that.

It bemuses me that he used to be a winger. His attacking skill set wouldn’t even make it in league 2 as a winger

NoPace

What a poor signing he has become. Full backs nowadays have to be so well rounded but we bought one that has one specific skill set and nothing else. And for £50m at that.

It bemuses me that he used to be a winger. His attacking skill set wouldn’t even make it in league 2 as a winger
I think he can probably take people on and dribble a bit better than he's shown because fullbacks dribble so much less than wingers because it's riskier, so might make a good, defensively good and dribbling League 1 winger. Though maybe not, as he's not been particularly good at carrying the ball in a straight line either really, or shifting it a bit when someone is closing him down but coming from far or a bad angle, compared to say Dalot. Now that guy would be a fantastic league one winger! A mix of Bale and Beckham.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I think he can probably take people on and dribble a bit better than he's shown because fullbacks dribble so much less than wingers because it's riskier, so might make a good, defensively good and dribbling League 1 winger. Though maybe not, as he's not been particularly good at carrying the ball in a straight line either really, or shifting it a bit when someone is closing him down but coming from far or a bad angle, compared to say Dalot. Now that guy would be a fantastic league one winger! A mix of Bale and Beckham.
Maybe in the fact that he’s human and got 2 legs. There it ends

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
Breaking news on SSN - doesn’t feature in ETH’s plans and is free to leave

Nick7

I think under the right manager he could have become a good to very good player. He's gone backwards in his time here, really. Not unlike many other signings we've made in the last decade. Good decision to try move him on, Dalot too hopefully.

CloneMC16

Still think we've seen more highs from him than Dalot, but I get it. I wish him well.

PoTMS

Awful footballer who we'll hopefully never see in a United shirt again. Anything above £10m will be a coup.

Tavern in the town

Ole’s first summer didn’t look great at the time but it’s aged so much worse. Jesus. The damage done that transfer window was mental.

Status
Not open for further replies.