Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Need to replace him asap. He simply can’t handle crosses and balls into the box. We could have won that game if he hadn’t been hopeless in this regard

Leg-End

World class tackler but he isn't a footballer, Dalot aside when we bring in an actual full back that can do any sort of basics well and attack it will be like a caveman seeing fire for the first time.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
The decision to let the ball drop and try and win it high up vs Saka is up there with one of the dumbest decisions I’ve seen from a footballer for a long time. Such braindead decision making.

Long Time Red

DeGea makes the wrong choice but you still have to deal with it, don't you? Hoof it if necessary, it's not as if he is adverse to aimless punts. It's part and parcel of the game, dealing with tricky balls and decision making. The fact is he had two hands in that goal going in within one short passage of play. Kind of underlines how error strewn his game is.
When he received the ball Martinelli had already closed down him down, he got caught, it will happen to all fullbacks throughout the season.

izec

He is just out of his depth really. letting the ball bounce and then fouling Partey/Saka with a miskick or whoever it was. He is just clumsy and not good enough.

southlegend

On the first goal, he clicks Nketiah four times in the 10-15 seconds before the goal. As soon as the ball comes in he completely forgets he’s there.

Aaron, if the player hasn’t run across you then WHY ARE YOU NOT ATTACKING THE BALL.

I also think he could’ve done far better on the third goal. If he positions himself like a PL RB should, then he greatly decreases the chances of Zinchenko delivering a ball into the box.

The guy is an idiot.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
At one point I thought his physical attributes could make up for some of his shortcomings as a player but I guess not - he's completely brain-dead.

dabronxolivera

Supports
Al Hilal
One sentence. He's just fecking dog shite. Cant wait to see the him get the feck out. His skill as a footballer is as good as his driving skill. Watching him plays really makes me angry and lose my mind. If there is a metric for football IQ he would be worse than a donkey. What a horrendous abomination of footballer. I cringed with the "he's back" bullcrap.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Not really smart for that one goal. He always had these mistakes in him, focus seems to be an issue

Abraxas

When he received the ball Martinelli had already closed down him down, he got caught, it will happen to all fullbacks throughout the season.
But this thread is about AWB and it's not about all full backs so that's not of relevance.

Not sure why you're trying to find mitigation. There isn't any safety in numbers, the premise of a performance thread is quite simply whether he did his job to an acceptable level. He did not.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
This you can add defending to that all he is good at is last ditch tackles, absolutely useless, saying that shaw was shit as well today.
he’s good enough as squad player, but we need better starter.

Telsim

He is an instinct player and not a thinking player.

Which is a bad thing when your instincts are not good.

Acole9

Outstanding
I thought he'd turned a corner but back to his usual self. He just lacks awareness, if Mourinho was his manager he'd be coaching him through a game just like he used to with Shaw.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
he’s good enough as squad player, but we need better starter.
If he can't be relied upon in games like these, he's not even a good squad player.

I didn't even think he was bad in this game. Defended well one-on-one but ultimately the other parts of his defending is just so sub par that it cost us. We could've gone into half time with the lead were it not for his defending. How a full back can be so bad at defending the back post I'll never understand. It's not a new thing with him either. He's been doing this since he's been at the club.

jesperjaap

Not really smart for that one goal. He always had these mistakes in him, focus seems to be an issue
Cant argue with that, especially regarding his positioning.

A week ago he is gettign labelled brilliant again a game letter he is never good enough. Think being harshly judged on giving the ball away on the corner, he was closed down on a pass he shouldnt have been given and again the goal he had two players by him, against City I think he made the right decision....this time he should hav eshouted Shaw to take the man in front of him and got tighter though.

Personally I still think he is better than Dalot and can be a really good dfender, but needs to improve positioning and focus, not sure he has the intelligence in his game reading situations though to get to the level he could.......and I still think there are 2/3 top top young right backs potential wise in Europe we could sign in the summer and thats why one of our current options should go and we should sign one

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
Every game he gets to the 70th minute and hits a wall, cannot perform past that. At fault for the first and last goals.

kundalini

Cost us 2 goals because he doesn't know what he's doing. After all these years at United, he can't even do the basics when it comes to defending at the far post.

A disastrous performance. So many errors.

Greck

How do you even become a fullback without knowing how to defend crosses? Who were his youth coaches? That's good for one gamebreaking mistake every game or other.

Last edited:

fezzerUTD

Some rumbles in the papers about keeping him, hopefully that is nipped in the bud. Absolute insane tackler but everything else is woeful and kaks himself everytime the balls in his vicinity.

Danny

Every game he gets to the 70th minute and hits a wall, cannot perform past that. At fault for the first and last goals.
Yeah, he didn’t perform a fantastic last ditch challenge on Zaha in the last minute against Palace then?

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He can't read the game, just wonders about. Good in 1v1 because it's simple, he just needs to make a tackle, though he does it well. But we need more

AbusementPark

Yeah, he didn’t perform a fantastic last ditch challenge on Zaha in the last minute against Palace then?
How many games have you watched of him and not seen that his fitness levels drop significantly around the 70th minute? Its happened since he joined, even today it started earlier than usual due to the midweek game.

gregwar

Awful footballer.

His tackling is good because his positioning is f**king piss poor.

Get rid, ASAP. Honestly can't believe we spent £50m on this.

-Supreme-

It’s rare seeing him go tight on players as he likes to invite players to attack him so he can do his trademark slide tackles, we need him to defend proactively and not inviting pressure.

led_scholes

On Wednesday I said that this was AWB of the old: great tackler, great in 1 vs 1, bad at overlaps, pointless runs, and bad Positioning. I gave him 6.5, but according to a poster I was wrong since 53% of the posters voted him as MOtm in front of casemiro..

dabronxolivera

Supports
Al Hilal
On Wednesday I said that this was AWB of the old: great tackler, great in 1 vs 1, bad at overlaps, pointless runs, and bad Positioning. I gave him 6.5, but according to a poster I was wrong since 53% of the posters voted him as MOtm in front of casemiro..
Its just hopium at this point of his career his shortcoming is totally clear. Its not like he is 18 years old youngster that still on development. Its plain to see he is a shite footballer for our level. Pardon my language but he the stupidest player football IQ wise I have seen playing for us . His ceiling is relegation fodder PL teams or upper table championship teams

Last edited:

AbusementPark

Against City I thought he done well, got pressured and handled it properly even dribbling his way out of trouble, albeit a bit of luck involved. Just not what we need as a RB, but still could be good enough for the rest of the season against lower opposition.

daveskimufc

For how good he's been the last 5 games, I think the arsenal game decides it. Just positionally not up to it. Gets caught to often at the back post.

RuudTom83

3 games in 8 days was a little too much for Aaron. But with Dalot out there wasn't much choice.

Andersons Dietician

Bar the cock up for the goal thought he was pretty damn good. That tackle where he goes with his left instead of his right was something else. Neville said it best in commentary, “breaks all the rules but is good at it”

Andersons Dietician

And the cock up of being shite on the ball that lead to the 1st goal also mind.

I don’t get excited by lunging tackles on our own box.
Meh not gonna hold that one against him. Put under preasure from a crap pass from DeGea.

There was a part early on where Martinelli faced him up and I kept expecting him to dive in but he stayed on his feet and just went with Martinelli. That was a great bit of defending, needs to do that more often.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
The aerial ball is Wan-Bissaka's kryptonite. His positioning when the ball is in the air is always suspect. On the ground, in a 1v1 duel, he's one of the best I've seen. Unfortunately being an elite Premier League defender takes more than being able to hook your leg around someone.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
If he can't be relied upon in games like these, he's not even a good squad player.

I didn't even think he was bad in this game. Defended well one-on-one but ultimately the other parts of his defending is just so sub par that it cost us. We could've gone into half time with the lead were it not for his defending. How a full back can be so bad at defending the back post I'll never understand. It's not a new thing with him either. He's been doing this since he's been at the club.
Didnt watch the game but this is vs the top pl side

Status
Not open for further replies.