Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

AFC NimbleThumb

Watching an attacker waltz onto the end of a cross whilst he stand still triggered PTSD in me.

He’s shown recently he’s got his merits but a ‘defensive’ full back that struggles to defend certain situations isn’t someone that’ll last in this new United.

As annoyed as I was at the first goal his inability on the ball put us in the position to concede in the first place!

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
If he can't be relied upon in games like these, he's not even a good squad player.

I didn't even think he was bad in this game. Defended well one-on-one but ultimately the other parts of his defending is just so sub par that it cost us. We could've gone into half time with the lead were it not for his defending. How a full back can be so bad at defending the back post I'll never understand. It's not a new thing with him either. He's been doing this since he's been at the club.
He’s bad against the league leader in away game. He played well enough in other games as squad player.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Meh not gonna hold that one against him. Put under preasure from a crap pass from DeGea.

There was a part early on where Martinelli faced him up and I kept expecting him to dive in but he stayed on his feet and just went with Martinelli. That was a great bit of defending, needs to do that more often.
How was that a crap pass from DDG. It’s a regular pass that awb received it with no problem whatsoever. It’s all have to do that awb completely made a tit of inability to pass the ball.

kaku06

No doubt he’s been very good of late but this was a prime example why players like him and degea and Mctominay can’t be trusted. It’s one thing to make a mistake it’s another to gift a goal to the opposition like the first one and then the winner. Scoring a goal and taking the lead against a top team at their own ground is hard ffs. We avoid the howler and we go into half time 1-0 up. Arsenal didn’t have much to offer until that point.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Game's over, it's been tough for him. Not mattering now. Needs to zip it, just like McTom and fight for his future here or in any higher shelf football. If not, then cya. Simple.

Plenty matches ahead till the season ends, but I hope the right decisions will be made in summer.

The Purley King

When the entire sky studio is saying “don’t pass it to this geezer when he is short of space” that should tell you something.
When is dalot back?

Vapor trail

Think a shaky performance was understandable he's been frozen out for months. He comes back due to squad depth and unavailability and puts in a decent performance against Palace / City. Playing against the league leaders who have barraged teams at home with the attack.

jackal&hyde

Belongs to the amateur league. Such a shit player I've never seen in the PL let alone at United.

CloneMC16

The weirdest thing for me on the first goal is that he looks back at Nketiah multiple times. He knows he's there, but still completely switches off when the ball is played into the box. I could understand him doing what he did if he had zero awareness of Nketiah being there. We can't afford to concede goals like that.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Belongs to the amateur league. Such a shit player I've never seen in the PL let alone at United.
So you've only been watching it for 2 mins then because most of us on here have seen players so bad they make him look almost Messi like!

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
He’s bad against the league leader in away game. He played well enough in other games as squad player.
That's something to be happy with it we're just looking to make top four every season and not challenge for the league.

Himannv

He's naturally not proactive in his game and doesn't see the play early enough. If he's aware of the danger and in the right position he'll deal with the defensive work well enough.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Stand still when dealing with crosses. He hasn't change at all. But he switched on after the first Nketiah's goal.

I personally will sell if there is an offer, he's only good with his tackling and his weird dribbling. ETH would want his full back to have high concentration, good with progressive passing, and has composure to retain possession and I don't think Bissaka has those. Hopefully he plays well enough that a team will be willing to offer 25m.

JeffFromHK

daydreaming for arsenal's first goal
kept Nketiah onside for the third.

well done Aaron!

SAFMUTD

Just when we start to think he's not actually that awful he reminds us in high fashion.

His positioning awareness is awful, specially on crosses he gets lost so easily is almost amateurish.

The first goal is obviously totally on him, on the third one he gives acres of space to Zinchenko to make the delivery. He was almost next to Varane instead of Zinchenko. Also previously there was a cross to Martinelli when once again AWB totally lost him and Martinelli found himself so alone in the box that he actually had time to receive the ball with the check and take a shot without pressure AWB wasn't even close for about 2-3 seconds.

I don't know how much you can teach a player at this point in his career this is like basic football 101. It's instinct you just don't let your guy loose, follow him and cover the ground it's like his controller runs out of batteries every time he faces a cross.

ash_86

Not the first time he couldn't hold the line, Seen that in previous seasons too. In an era where millimetres decides the result of the game, this is fecking not acceptable.

SAFMUTD

daydreaming for arsenal's first goal
kept Nketiah onside for the third.

well done Aaron!
He didn't only kept Nketiah on side in the third but he was so poor positioned for the cross that he gave Zinchenko all the time in the world to make the cross.

It was really a master stroke, seeing the replay I didn't understand how Zinchenko was all alone when we were playing with 8-9 players around our own box, it wasn't because Wan Bissaka was marking someone else and Zinchenko overlapped, no it was only Wan Bissaka completely out of position. He simply doesn't have the football IQ required.

Just look at this:

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
That's something to be happy with it we're just looking to make top four every season and not challenge for the league.
No RB much better then WB would accept as second choice. Unless maybe if we pay the guy a first XI wage.

whitbyviking

Recent performances had put some lipstick on the pig.

Then the arsenal match showed it was still indeed a pig. AWB’s strength is his defending, when that is shown to be questionable he’s got nowhere to go. We need to cash in and replace, even a good prospect is better option than him if money is tight.

KeanoMagicHat

Bad game. Previous game he was great. No need to jump to such extreme conclusions, but then it is RedCafe.

Had a poor enough game yesterday, played well in the previous four. Is Dalot available for Forest? If he is start him against Forest and AWB against Reading. AWB is a decent rotation option from now to the end of the season, nothing more nothing less. If Wolves or Palace make an offer sell him and buy Juranovic from Celtic for £10m as back up to Dalot.

fergiewherearethou

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Bad game. Previous game he was great. No need to jump to such extreme conclusions, but then it is RedCafe.
Obvious, people expected him to pocket Martinelli, Zinchenko and why not Saka.
He's barely played for 1.5 years, let's be honest, give him some time to get into form, he's not J Zanetti but we have bigger holes in the squad right now.

Longshanks

He didn't only kept Nketiah on side in the third but he was so poor positioned for the cross that he gave Zinchenko all the time in the world to make the cross.

It was really a master stroke, seeing the replay I didn't understand how Zinchenko was all alone when we were playing with 8-9 players around our own box, it wasn't because Wan Bissaka was marking someone else and Zinchenko overlapped, no it was only Wan Bissaka completely out of position. He simply doesn't have the football IQ required.

Just look at this:

Always interesting how people find ways of making scapegoats out of certain players. It's a poor one for the first goal no doubt but the third goal? Not so sure.

He ends up with two players to deal with trossard and zinchecnko, that's because Bruno who was playing right wing at the time has gone wandering aimlessly into the no10/CF position. The ball gets worked to trossard A.W.B goes to engage because trossard has all the space in the world but realises that zinchecnko also has all the space in the world and ends up in no man's land. You can't mark two players or the entire left side of the pitch by yourself A.W.B is stuffed whatever he does really thank to Bruno's lack of positional discipline.

Interesting also that were blaming A.W.B for playing a player in the six yard box onside but not blaming Martinez for playing a player making a run behind the defensive line on the edge of the area onside, because he decided to go goalside touch tight on Nkethia but then decided when the play developed to let Nkethia get goalside and away from him and end up in no man's land himself for the goal for no apparent reason other than the fact he was ball watching rather than marking his man.

When you really analyse what happened in that third goal A.W.B was basically hung out to dry through no fault of his own.

romufc

Had a poor enough game yesterday, played well in the previous four. Is Dalot available for Forest? If he is start him against Forest and AWB against Reading. AWB is a decent rotation option from now to the end of the season, nothing more nothing less. If Wolves or Palace make an offer sell him and buy Juranovic from Celtic for £10m as back up to Dalot.

Yep, he is a decent backup, that's the best AWB will do here. We can play him in some games, he will do okay but we can't have him in the team for prolonged periods.

People say his defending is amazing is actually a myth, his slide tackling is, everything else is below average. He was at fault for 2 of their goals, the first goal he was at fault twice. First playing out from the back, then at the back post.

Thebaldingbob

Always getting caught out ball watching.
He’s still doing it. He’s a liability, needs to go.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
No RB much better then WB would accept as second choice. Unless maybe if we pay the guy a first XI wage.
A second choice right back wouldn't need to be "much better" than AWB. I'd take a steady eddie who doesn't have weaknesses (and strengths) as glaring as AWB. Of course, we'd miss his one-on-one defending but all that good work he does means nothing when he's shown time and time again that he's prone to loss of concentration when defending the back post.

I wonder if there's a stat out there that shows how much we concede goals similar to the first goal we let in last night. Seems like we conceded a lot of goals that way during Ole's last few months.

Olecurls99

Always interesting how people find ways of making scapegoats out of certain players. It's a poor one for the first goal no doubt but the third goal? Not so sure.

He ends up with two players to deal with trossard and zinchecnko, that's because Bruno who was playing right wing at the time has gone wandering aimlessly into the no10/CF position. The ball gets worked to trossard A.W.B goes to engage because trossard has all the space in the world but realises that zinchecnko also has all the space in the world and ends up in no man's land. You can't mark two players or the entire left side of the pitch by yourself A.W.B is stuffed whatever he does really thank to Bruno's lack of positional discipline.

Interesting also that were blaming A.W.B for playing a player in the six yard box onside but not blaming Martinez for playing a player making a run behind the defensive line on the edge of the area onside, because he decided to go goalside touch tight on Nkethia but then decided when the play developed to let Nkethia get goalside and away from him and end up in no man's land himself for the goal for no apparent reason other than the fact he was ball watching rather than marking his man.

When you really analyse what happened in that third goal A.W.B was basically hung out to dry through no fault of his own.
Agree with this. He did switch off for the 1st goal but some people do love a pile on.

whitbyviking

I don’t think it’s a pile on, I think many are making a pragmatic assessment of AWB and his situation, I certainly attempted that :D

M Bison

Supports
York City
Thought he did very well, had a poor game against Arsenal but was solid tonight. The statements about his ability against Arsenal were OTT and he’s a good option, although never gonna be a Cafu.

CM10

The moment that sticks out in my mind was him being in no man's land for the disallowed goal and jogging back. It didn't matter this time but there's still that sloppiness in his game, did okay other than that.

Gandalf

He was good today. I still like him as a backup, homegrown and doesn't make fuss about it.
True enough but I still think he is gone in the summer. His recent performances may help us recoup a little more of his original transfer fee when he goes and we should have Laird ready to go as a back up if ETH does not sign anyone else in the summer.

Based Adnan

Surprised people are content with this guy as back up. Doesn't fit the system and should be moved on for a back up that does. You'd never see a player like him stick around at a club like City as a back up because he doesn't fit the system.

Real Name

Surprised people are content with this guy as back up. Doesn't fit the system and should be moved on for a back up that does. You'd never see a player like him stick around at a club like City as a back up because he doesn't fit the system.
How exactly he doesnt fit the system?

Sylar

The moment that sticks out in my mind was him being in no man's land for the disallowed goal and jogging back. It didn't matter this time but there's still that sloppiness in his game, did okay other than that.
Yes I watched it again. Look at the difference between him and casemiro. They roughly have the same starting position and casemiro sprints back and awb has like a slowish consistent run.

He does that way too often. Even if he doesn't get back, he's not even going full in. Imagine the ball gets saved by ddg and it bounces back out, he's in no position to help out. He may as well have no run back and just stayed as an extra person up front in case it's pushed out and cleared up field.

Status
Not open for further replies.