Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

mctrials23

Looks good until he doesn't. Will have a few good games when we dominate and he get away with his positional mistakes and then he will cost you a game on his own. Hes an expensive backup for the quality he brings which is far too little.

redcucumber

How exactly he doesnt fit the system?
He's not incisive enough going forward or with his passing. Look at how the profile of Mazraoui and how he was deployed by ten Hag at Ajax - strong emphasis on passing, progressive plays, being a creator etc. Wan-Bissaka is just a completely different style of player.

Real Name

He's not incisive enough going forward or with his passing. Look at how the profile of Mazraoui and how he was deployed by ten Hag at Ajax - strong emphasis on passing, progressive plays, being a creator etc. Wan-Bissaka is just a completely different style of player.
I'm not sure ETH can copy and paste exactly the same system he had there to United.

Ace of Spades

He will likely get sold next window, and be replaced. Does not fit the way ETH wants his FBs to operate and is too limited.

Ekeke

While thats true, we'd need to offset that against what our rightbacks do provide. We have conceded 9 goals more than Arsenal this season for example. So just taking out better defending players and replacing them with better ones going forward is very likely going to make that worse not better. Replacing AWB or Dalot with a better attacking fullback probably means replacing Eriksen with someone you can count on for better defensive play or a similar adjustment, helping to cover them when they are going forward and the move breaks down.

redcucumber

I'm not sure ETH can copy and paste exactly the same system he had there to United.
It isn't about creating an exact replica. He's quite clearly got his own ideals and principles, though. He signed Antony and Lisandro Martinez from Ajax (and tried to sign Timber), so he's obviously attempting to implement a similar system.

While thats true, we'd need to offset that against what our rightbacks do provide. We have conceded 9 goals more than Arsenal this season for example. So just taking out better defending players and replacing them with better ones going forward is very likely going to make that worse not better. Replacing AWB or Dalot with a better attacking fullback probably means replacing Eriksen with someone you can count on for better defensive play or a similar adjustment, helping to cover them when they are going forward and the move breaks down.
Yep, I'd agree with that. 6 of our 25 goals conceded came in that one game against City which was a bit of a misnomer (while Arsenal haven't played them at all) to be fair. But we'd be more of a threat, have more possession and control, and create more chances with stronger options on the right, which would in turn kill games earlier. I don't think Dalot-AWB works as a pair - fundamentally both of their strengths skew towards the defensive side of the game. I'd rather we had the option of a more attacking minded right back for as and when necessary.

Last edited:

Telsim

Should be replaced in the summer. He's done well to increase his fee over the last couple of weeks. But I can't see him be an integral part of title-winning team. He plays purely on instinct, which just isn't good enough at this level. You need to be a thinking man and he just isn't it. His positioning is abysmal and his jogging back is infuriating. He is also a non-entity in attack more often than not. Should still be good enough for a bottom-half team, maybe even go back to Crystal Palace.

Jordy888

Thought he was poor last night. Lazy running back, left massive holes at RB in the first half for them to run into. Attacking runs that look a bit lost. Thought he had turned a corner but if he stays is he will be to blame for many goals conceded.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
After his confident second half performance against City, I was hoping Wan-Bissaka would go from strength to strength. However, while he clearly has improved with the ball at his feet, the holes in his game are still present. His positioning on defensive transitions, as well as when the ball is on the opposite flank, remains worrying. He is still not good when the ball is in the air. He still switches off too much and plays like he has more time than he has. He still struggles to make a real attacking impact.

He is a top flight player but not a top four player. We could work around it if everything about his defending, or everything about his attacking, was great. The problem is, while he's probably the best in the league at is 1v1 ground duels, most teams will just pass around him to avoid that. Its a weakness and, when Dalot's fit, its a weakness we should get rid of. Maybe Ethan Laird will never be good enough. Nonetheless, I think Dalot starting and Laird backup is something that should be tested preseason.

Real Name

It isn't about creating an exact replica. He's quite clearly got his own ideals and principles, though. He signed Antony and Lisandro Martinez from Ajax (and tried to sign Timber), so he's obviously attempting to implement a similar system.
We'll see if ETh will look to replace him. Do you think Dalot suits ETH's system more?

Greck

Yes I watched it again. Look at the difference between him and casemiro. They roughly have the same starting position and casemiro sprints back and awb has like a slowish consistent run.

He does that way too often. Even if he doesn't get back, he's not even going full in. Imagine the ball gets saved by ddg and it bounces back out, he's in no position to help out. He may as well have no run back and just stayed as an extra person up front in case it's pushed out and cleared up field.
It's almost like he wants to give the coach one excuse or another not to send him forward. Whenever we're getting countered it looks like we have Pogba at right back. He's a big lad but I wouldn't imagine he doesn't have a sprint in him.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Yes I watched it again. Look at the difference between him and casemiro. They roughly have the same starting position and casemiro sprints back and awb has like a slowish consistent run.

He does that way too often. Even if he doesn't get back, he's not even going full in. Imagine the ball gets saved by ddg and it bounces back out, he's in no position to help out. He may as well have no run back and just stayed as an extra person up front in case it's pushed out and cleared up field.
It's something that he's always done, as does McTominay. Considering the two of them are both supposed to be in the team for defensive solidarity and workrate, both of them are extremely lazy at actually getting back once the opposition get in behind them. Pogba used to get absolute pelters for the same thing, and while AWB and Scott aren't quite as bad they aren't much better.

Man Utd 3:1 Reading

Wheato

He was excellent tonight. Last season, he got a nosebleed if he crossed the halfway line. Now he's running to the byline and crossing balls in. Playing 1-2's in the oppositions penalty area. Backing up Antony throughout the game, winning the ball back and keeping the momentum going. Was still in full beast mode up until the 90th minute.

I don't know what Ten Hag did, but by God it worked. If Sancho comes back with the same level of confidence, we are winning trophies this season.

Based Adnan

I think Reading went into the game happy to have him have possession of the ball. Good link up with Antony but looks like he's in an alien land when he tucks into midfield with the ball.

Leonzo1

Since the restart, he has been our best player alongside Rashford. he is undroppable in this form and Dalot has his work cut out for him if he wants his place in the XI back. what ETH did with him and Rashford is absolutely incredible and makes me extremely optimistic about Sancho's return.

youngrell

A much better player when he plays with a bit of intensity. That has been missing from his game for the majority of his time here.

mu4c_20le

I don't know what Ten Hag did, but by God it worked. If Sancho comes back with the same level of confidence, we are winning trophies this season.
Seems like he's taught him to use his body more. When he's in full stride he can cover a lot of ground, and even he does that body feint, it sends people a few yards to the opposite direction

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Seems like Dalot has some competition :lol: . I love how he’s obviously quietly been getting on with his work in training, no moaning or sulking and now he’s playing probably the best football of his career so far. Huge improvement in his attacking play, involved in some good buildup play.

Andersons Dietician

Thought he was really good. Kept popping up in weird and wonderful positions. Quite liked that he seemed to play with a lot more energy and intensity, hence why he kept popping up in random places. One point he was playing as striker then got a tackle in on a defender.

He and Antony seem to have something building.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
His best game this season. He's very dynamic, and always open up to passes. It "coincides" with Antony also had his best game, and the two were linking up very nice.

December_16

Hope he (and Dalot) keeps it up, then we’ll be set for RB position for a while. They offer different things to the team, which is a good thing.

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
His movement going forward has improved under ETH, he had a good game today, but and it’s a massive but he’s still horrible back post defending, if he can get his positioning right and gains the ability to take a ball under pressure, it was easy today for him, it’s a championship level team we were playing.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
If he keeps up this form then he might get a mention in player of the season… not that I think he’ll win it because I think Casemiro and rashford are miles above everyone els at the minute.

Oranges038

There are some posters who need to delete their account.
Why?

He was shocking last week, poor awareness and positioning led to two goals.

He's a championship level player and played well against a championship level team who offered nothing yesterday.

Nothing to write home about.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Why?

He's a championship level player and played well against a championship level team who offered nothing yesterday.

He was poor vs the number 1 team in the pl. perfectly fine vs city
:lol:

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
These are the threads that highlight the agenda posters.

He was good but but but but...

studs

Why?

Your wasting you're breath in this thread buddy their all fan boys/girls in here, I don't know what they see in football if they call wan-bissaka running up and down the pitch like a headless chicken not knowing what he's doing is having a good game of football, should tell you enough not to bother coming in. They see what they want. He's awful.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Your wasting you're breath in this thread buddy their all fan boys/girls in here, I don't know what they see in football if they call wan-bissaka running up and down the pitch like a headless chicken not knowing what he's doing is having a good game of football, should tell you enough not to bother coming in. They see what they want. He's awful.
Damn, your a newbie for 10 whole years

Status
Not open for further replies.