Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I genuinely thought he was really good in the first season he joined, he's been pretty diabolical ever since. I know some people defend him about him not being bad with the ball but I couldn't disagree more, I think he's laughably bad with it at his feet and looks like he's in a constant struggle with an invisible force trying to pull the ball away from him.

Trex

He looks defeated, reports was that ETH wanted to access him am sure he's not impressed.

AndySmith1990

Trash player unfortunately. Would be nice if we could find another Malacia type signing for the right and sell this fella to cover the cost

Trequarista10

How on earth does he manage to keep regressing? A couple more seasons and he will be a worse RB than me and I am a 51 year old Goalie.
I think he always lacked some confidence and assertiveness, even when he was first choice. Falling down the pecking order probably heightens his insecurities. He looks like someone who doesn't believe he should be at this level, and doesn't have that "ill prove the doubters wrong" kind of drive to at least half cover his deficiencies.

Idxomer

I think he always lacked some confidence and assertiveness, even when he was first choice. Falling down the pecking order probably heightens his insecurities. He looks like someone who doesn't believe he should be at this level, and doesn't have that "ill prove the doubters wrong" kind of drive to at least half cover his deficiencies.
Agreed.

I have never seen a player's confidence plummet as much as his, he wasn't that bad in his 1st two seasons.

OmarUnited4ever

There is the phrase used to describe some players that says "Not good enough" which entails that player is good, but not enough to the extent needed.

AWB is not good at all.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
I think he’s mentally checked out because he knows he’s not in the manager’s plans to the point he wants him out the door ASAP.

studs

So is he obsolete? considering that nobody wants him and most likely Ten hag sees what we all see, so what happens him now?

pascell

Said at the time of signing him it was a mistake and we should've brought I'm Meunier for free and had Laird as his back up. Even if Laird was raw in his abilities, he could've been loaned out the summer after and brought Dalot in as competition.

Complete waste of £50m and how we're operating this summer, we haven't learnt how to negotiate. But hey, it's not our money as I repeatedly see on here.

Acole9

Outstanding
There's a video on twitter of him from yesterday's match. My jaw nearly hit the floor watching it. Out of position, no overlapping, sliding all over the show, sloppy passing and three throw ins all went to Villa players.

He hasn't improved at all since he's been here and struggles to even get the basics right.

Chief123

Astonishing we paid £130m for AWB and Maguire.

The most certain thing this season is that AWB will barely feature unless we’re desperate.

El Jefe

I was a fan but its clear that he's reached the point of no return here.

There's been a lot of rewriting of history here, the current version or last season's AWB is not the same player as he was in his first two years here. Now he's hopelessly abject but he was one of our better performers in his first two seasons. A consistent 7/10 each week.

He joined the club as a raw player who had obvious deficiencies in attack but he was still a very good player and one who could be developed. In his first two seasons he would shut the whole right hand side from a defensive standpoint and was actually decent in his gameplay, he just had a horrendous final ball. He put up so many great performances in big games.

What's happened since then is he's regressed in all aspects. His defending which was his strong point isn't even that impressive anymore. His attacking game was already below standard and looks even worse now. What you're left with at the moment is a shell of a footballer. He absolutely has to go but posters pretending this is the same AWB at Palace or his first couple of seasons here are being dishonest.

Olecurls99

Lad has had some great games for us. I want Dalot to start but this fella can be a great right full in a countering team. The disrespect has gone overboard.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
It was clear to see he wasn't good enough at Palace and he did okay in a reactive approach for a few years at United where his 1v1 ability was called upon. But his problems started when Solskjaer attempted to play a more imposing game after the arrivals of Varane and Sancho, and Wan Bissaka's limitations were exposed further.

If one has the ambitions to implement a proactive attacking approach, you just don't sign a player like Wan Bissaka, whose limitations on the ball were evident even at Palace. The role of the fullback has changed in the game today and the big clubs have players occupying the fullback positions who not only provide a high technical quality on the overlap but also have the ability to shift in-field and play as a midfielder in a inverted half back role.

Kag

Granted, he’s not starting alongside the other first team players, but these cameos are dreadful. He’s playing his way out of the club and a move would suit all parties.

Gurtej

If Brandon Williams 15m fees is accurate…

With ABW, Williams, Telles, Baily, Jones and Tuanzabe…. We can get a range of 70-80m…. Funds us FDJ…

Buy Antony and a RB for 100m….takes our total spend for the year to 150m net!!

It will be a great window if we are able to do the above

Beans

Supports
Neutral
Granted, he’s not starting alongside the other first team players, but these cameos are dreadful. He’s playing his way out of the club and a move would suit all parties.
I don't think we're gonna find any takers because of his salary. It will be another Rojo situation.

Hackman2210

Out on loan with option to buy? Can’t see us selling him to anyone for a reasonable price at the moment. Season on loan and playing may get him back in the £25m bracket. Todays price would be £15-20m maybe.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
He’s a tragic footballer but surely decent enough for rotation in the cups. Unless someone offers 15m plus I’d keep him, loans are pointless.

Kag

I don't think we're gonna find any takers because of his salary. It will be another Rojo situation.
Probably. A loan with a view to a sale is most likely I’d have thought. He’s a good player in the right team and he’ll have plenty of takers.

led_scholes

Didnt Everton offer around what we paid for Rojo in 2019? We didn't sell him because we are idiots. But I don't see anyone offering us anything close to what we paid for AWB. I doubt anyone will even offer 50% of the original cost.

RuudTom83

Can’t see Aaron getting many games this season so a performance thread might be 99% transfer/contract talk.

Greck

Whoever got together at the club and agreed on sanctioning 50m for this fella needs seriously looking at
I doubt we spend even 15m if he was from somewhere else. That summer someones doing a Fergie cosplay randomly decided nationality was what made those lockerrooms great. That summer looking to prove to have been a massive waste.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
The last clip is why Dalot is ahead of him. Dalot would be bursting his lungs to join the attack.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
If Brandon Williams 15m fees is accurate…

With ABW, Williams, Telles, Baily, Jones and Tuanzabe…. We can get a range of 70-80m…. Funds us FDJ…

Buy Antony and a RB for 100m….takes our total spend for the year to 150m net!!

It will be a great window if we are able to do the above
Surely there's not a chance in hell we get 15m for Williams?!

And the rest of your post is pure fantasy.
We won't be able to shift at least 4 of those players.

I was a fan but its clear that he's reached the point of no return here.

There's been a lot of rewriting of history here, the current version or last season's AWB is not the same player as he was in his first two years here. Now he's hopelessly abject but he was one of our better performers in his first two seasons. A consistent 7/10 each week.

He joined the club as a raw player who had obvious deficiencies in attack but he was still a very good player and one who could be developed. In his first two seasons he would shut the whole right hand side from a defensive standpoint and was actually decent in his gameplay, he just had a horrendous final ball. He put up so many great performances in big games.

What's happened since then is he's regressed in all aspects. His defending which was his strong point isn't even that impressive anymore. His attacking game was already below standard and looks even worse now. What you're left with at the moment is a shell of a footballer. He absolutely has to go but posters pretending this is the same AWB at Palace or his first couple of seasons here are being dishonest.
Agree with this. He was good in his first 18 months with impressive displays vs Sterling and Neymar. He’s fallen off a cliff completely.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Didnt Everton offer around what we paid for Rojo in 2019? We didn't sell him because we are idiots. But I don't see anyone offering us anything close to what we paid for AWB. I doubt anyone will even offer 50% of the original cost.
There was a story Everton were offering 30m for Rojo.
But it was just plain fantasy. We'd have snapped arms off for that.

Despite some higher price questionable signings, I think Rojo has to be in the top 5 all time worst signings we've made.
The fact we packed Nani into the deal for free, and paid his wages makes it even more baffling.

Gurtej

Surely there's not a chance in hell we get 15m for Williams?!

And the rest of your post is pure fantasy.
We won't be able to shift at least 4 of those players.
As per the reports we are close to agreeing 10m fixed plus 5m add ons

Status
Not open for further replies.