Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
He’s going to be a case in point for whenever people weirdly argue on here that a player cannot improve their first touch or cannot learn to go past a man or whatever. He’s proven that players can not only improve what they are good at but also learn new skills and develop it into their game.

Lecland07

He didn’t start for nearly 5 months he was clearly frozen out .
Pretty much his injury and the world cup then. He was injured from 01/09/2022 to 13/11/2022. Then it was the world cup. We didn't see him back until the 27/12, which was our first game after the world cup.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
I’m going to be sad when / if he leaves. I think he’s a great professional, and despite having his limitations, he brings some things to the team that none of our other players have. In the last few months specifically, I’ve seen things added to his game that weren’t there last season, so it’s clear the coaching under EtH has developed him. He’s popping up in new positions and helping us win the ball high up the pitch.

We’re a poorer team without him, in my opinion.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
He isnt going anywhere. He is atleast good for no 2 rb when someone is as attacking minded as frimpong. We dont need 2 of each type.

BorisManUtd

Wan-Bissaka being described as a standout one-on-one defender is nothing new. But the numbers are startling. Of the 2,168 players to have attempted 100+ tackles in Europe’s top five divisions since the start of the 2017-18 season, no one has a better tackle success rate than the 25-year-old. He has stolen the ball 449 times in 571 attempts, an astonishing rate of 78.6%. No other full-back in Europe comes close.
If AWB is to leave this summer, we have to get some good money for him. His one-on-one ability is amazing and he's recognised in England and beyond for it.

-Supreme-

If AWB is to leave this summer, we have to get some good money for him. His one-on-one ability is amazing and he's recognised in England and beyond for it.
Yep and practically our first choice RB this season that finished 3rd in the PL, he’s still only 25 and we should be looking at £30m+

Personally I would sell Dalot ahead of him, but we should sell to whoever comes in with a concrete offer

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Yep and practically our first choice RB this season that finished 3rd in the PL, he’s still only 25 and we should be looking at £30m+

Personally I would sell Dalot ahead of him, but we should sell to whoever comes in with a concrete offer
Not just that, he was first choice RB for the team that finished 3rd, 2nd, 6th, 3rd in last 4 seasons.

Going by EtH's interview, he will stay I guess.

jem

It’s bizarre: I never imagined being able to recoup the fee we paid for him; now I wouldn’t sell him for a penny less (actually, I wouldn’t sell him period.)

redcucumber

ten Hag helped bring his career back from the dead, but I still feel like we would benefit from an attacking option at right back that bombards the opposition with overlaps and is a threat on the ball. I'd keep AWB and sell Dalot but it seems the latter is on the verge of a renewal..

Jeffthered

AWB is playing better, developing his game which is all nice and lovely.

But he is not good enough as a full back at a top, top club. His past few performances in fact have been rather poor... he needs to be guideed through games, he has no sense of anticipation and relies far, far too much on his athleticism. You can see he is a nervous footballer... so is he at the right club, with all the spotlight he will receive every single game?

His ability on the ball needs so much work... I wonder whether Man Utd are just seen as a 'project' to some people. I want him to stay, but he has to improve, considerably.

Dalot is a better footballer, more intelligent as a player (his performances at left back at times have been excellent, not many players can play both sides of a defence...), but he lacks AWB power. Can we keep both? Somehow I hope so, but we still need a top RB. I wish we went in for Trippier when he was available.

Lecland07

AWB is playing better, developing his game which is all nice and lovely.

But he is not good enough as a full back at a top, top club. His past few performances in fact have been rather poor... he needs to be guideed through games, he has no sense of anticipation and relies far, far too much on his athleticism. You can see he is a nervous footballer... so is he at the right club, with all the spotlight he will receive every single game?

His ability on the ball needs so much work... I wonder whether Man Utd are just seen as a 'project' to some people. I want him to stay, but he has to improve, considerably.

Dalot is a better footballer, more intelligent as a player (his performances at left back at times have been excellent, not many players can play both sides of a defence...), but he lacks AWB power. Can we keep both? Somehow I hope so, but we still need a top RB. I wish we went in for Trippier when he was available.
Have they? I must have missed that as I thought he has been one of our better players.

His ability on the ball is fine. He is one of the best dribblers in the league. We just need more control of games and he will start having more impact on the attack. It will also massively help if there was actually someone to target in the box.

Jeffthered

Have they? I must have missed that as I thought he has been one of our better players.

His ability on the ball is fine. He is one of the best dribblers in the league. We just need more control of games and he will start having more impact on the attack. It will also massively help if there was actually someone to target in the box.
I suggest you watch the game against Chelsea.

I will not even respond to his ability as a dribbler, I mean really.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Stupid comments from Ten Hag. He wasn't poor to begin with and it's not like he's pulling trees in the attack now. Ten Hag did not trust him because he had a favourite in Dalot.
Stupid comments? How can you say he wasn't poor to begin with when he didn't even play a competitive game until after the world cup? I think the manager might know whether he was poor before that or not.

Based Adnan

The way people go on about his improvements going forward you'd think he's TAA now. It's still poor and he's still not shown he can come into midfield like ETH wants.

Rolaholic

Love it.

Fully expect him to continue improving over the summer too and really give Dalot another fight for his place

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
He got a lot of flack but he’s been genuinely excellent in some games this season. The League Cup final he was great when he came on. And he’s added ‘roving’ to his skill set. He popped up on the left wing a game or two again.

If he could work on his finishing and have a bit more courage with his passing in the final third, he’ll be able to rack up a couple of goals and assists in a season.

Rolaholic

He got a lot of flack but he’s been genuinely excellent in some games this season. The League Cup final he was great when he came on. And he’s added ‘roving’ to his skill set. He popped up on the left wing a game or two again.

If he could work on his finishing and have a bit more courage with his passing in the final third, he’ll be able to rack up a couple of goals and assists in a season.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

Love it.

Fully expect him to continue improving over the summer too and really give Dalot another fight for his place
That tweet is spot on. Credit to AWB for the way he took his chances.

BarstoolProphet

Credit to AWB here. He can no doubt improve and we can also improve that position, but he has been instrumental in making RB not a priority investment anymore. Still think he gets exposed against the best teams, but overall I like what I'm seeing from him now.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Some people will not ever rate him because he doesn’t play like TAA but will laugh at TAA for not defending like AWB.

UpWithRivers

Love it.

He was never given a chance. I said this pre-Christmas when everyone wanted him sold for a packet of crisps in January. It never made sense to me. I have no idea what he did but he at least deserved a chance. Everyone deserved that after last season and everyone even Maguire etc started with a blank slate except Wan B. Why? He couldn't get a game for love nor money even against the shit teams, even for 20 mins. Was he just sht in training? Was he blamed for leaks? What was it? Only Ten Haag knows. But he got his chance in the end

Man City 2:1 Man Utd

The United

I thought he did pretty well on both ends, considering the result. With Antony, we could have done a lot more on that side in terms of attacking.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
I thought he did pretty well on both ends, considering the result. With Antony, we could have done a lot more on that side in terms of attacking.
Yeah one of our better players, one of the rare who actually showed some composure when pressed.

Golden Nugget

Played well. Nullified Grealish - was decent in attack. Only one moment where he should have played Bruno through but didn’t, but other than that he was fine

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Was perfectly alright.

Ended up being a good season for him really. Still don't particularly like the type of player he is, but do like working hard to improve being rewarded and players sticking in out through bad form so well done him.

Bobski

He has moments of real quality on the ball despite it looking a bit odd with his gangliness, then moments of arch clumsiness.

Rockets Redglare

Played well. Nullified Grealish - was decent in attack. Only one moment where he should have played Bruno through but didn’t, but other than that he was fine
Yeah that was the most simple of through ball, that’s the issue with a lot of our players. They’ve just got zero vision, Eriksen was the same with the Rashford one.

Ace of Spades

Not much use in attack, but he does nullify his man pretty well. Not an issue next season.

Prodigy24

Proud of him. Did well and was one of out best players on the pitch. Has had a brilliant second half of this season, and should be starting next season.

jackal&hyde

Offers nothing in the final 3ed. We need much better but should stay one more season because we have other work to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.