Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

SAFMUTD

He's a terrific RB for a team that plays with a low block, he's really good boarding wordclass at defending 1 vs 1.

His main issues is colocation and that he adds almost nothing to attack, both problems won't be an issue for a team that plays low block since he won't he caught out of position as easily because he won't be required to go high up the pitch.

Sadly any top team aims to play progressive football and that's were his bigger weaknesses get massively exposed. I don't think he can develop enough that part of his game to actually challenge for a starting place here.

I think we'll be looking for another RB next summer and that'll be the end of him here.

Greck

One might say Maguire is the biggest symptom of Ole's nooblike squadbuilding but spending 50m on an obvious technical downgrade (for attacking football) just to find out he could just have nurtured the one he already had is really something. Unlike the former the better fit for that style was already at the club. That entire 2020 window was burning money with gasoline. One of the biggest needs for a skilled DoF was making sure each dud manager didn't take us 5 years back.

Greck

Exactly. Dalot himself was written off thousands of times so it's weird that fans jump to repeat the cycle for players out of form.
AWB isn't actually out of form. He's just out of style. This one was called well ahead of time so it's no kneejerk. It's like having Lukaku then having Pep join, you know he's a goner. The non-technicals are always the first to be phased out in high level ballplaying setups.

Last edited:

SAF is the GOAT

Trent's looks incredible! Would be really interesting to see the same for this season so far.
I think that Diogo could come close to those stats because right now the team isn't settled completely on Erik's style of play and even he is not there already and I think it will take more time for him until it will "click"

RC89

I think that Diogo could come close to those stats because right now the team isn't settled completely on Erik's style of play and even he is not there already and I think it will take more time for him until it will "click"
Yeah, I certainly hope so too. But that being said, Dalot looks like he can actually defend, whereas TAA cannot.

dabronxolivera

Supports
Al Hilal
Is he injured or what ? Or ETH just decide he's done with him ? Looks like he ceased to exist in the team.

CloneMC16

One of the lads back in training. Dalot has played a lot of minutes this season. He's going to need a break. We'll need AWB to come in and do a job.

Based Adnan

Extremely low level when it comes to technical football. Virtually zero chance he improves enough at his age to suit possession football. Not surprised we found it difficult to move him on in the summer.

Chief123

Although I can’t see it, if ETH could work his magic on him like he has with Dalot he may still have some use.

If anything, we seriously need this guy to give Dalot a rest. Dalot has played every premier league game this season.

criticalanalysis

ETH could reach cult legend status if he improves AWB.
AWB doesn't have the fundamentals to work with. It would be akin to Jesus turning water into lager.
Be patient to see how things turn out. You might be surprised.
I think before pre-season I was in the line of thinking, 'I wouldn't be surprised if ETH prefers AWB and/or improves him as I think he do a good defensive job for us, as we'll need that strong base first to start the season' :lol:

To be fair apart from some horrible pre-season performances from him and injuries, he's not really played to prove that he's beyond salvaging his career here. First season AWB with a bit of coaching can be a squad asset for us, even if it's just for this year or up until Jan. We desperately need cover for Dalot.

I wouldn't bet my money on him and Maguire finding their form again but I wouldn't be shocked as I trust in ETH's coaching and management to let them find their role in this team. I guess the same goes for DVB.

city-puma

I think before pre-season I was in the line of thinking, 'I wouldn't be surprised if ETH prefers AWB and/or improves him as I think he do a good defensive job for us, as we'll need that strong base first to start the season' :lol:

To be fair apart from some horrible pre-season performances from him and injuries, he's not really played to prove that he's beyond salvaging his career here. First season AWB with a bit of coaching can be a squad asset for us, even if it's just for this year or up until Jan. We desperately need cover for Dalot.

I wouldn't bet my money on him and Maguire finding their form again but I wouldn't be shocked as I trust in ETH's coaching and management to let them find their role in this team. I guess the same goes for DVB.
With the way we play now, DVB might really find his place in the team when we try to unlock a low block opponent.

Red00012

Bringing on Donny to get minutes instead of this fella when Dalot hasn’t missed a game all season tells us what ETH thinks of him.

Red00012

Is he injured again? I’m pretty sure he was named on the bench lately and I expected him to see get some game time last night with Dalot unavailable for Sunday.

Chairman Steve

Yeah, he’s finished.
You knew it was coming when Ralf barely considered him and now doesn’t even register on ETH‘s radar.

That summer where we bought him, Maguire and James looks absolutely horrific now :nervous:

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I am interested in seeing what we get for him. Was the record fee for a fullback at the time. Appalling transfer.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
The recruitment team we had in place might be the worst in the history of football. I'm convinced they just spent the entire 90mins in the bar.

Based Adnan

To think the club briefed multiple journos about how we've revamped our scouting and recruitment when we signed this guy

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
He's another where I don't buy that there's an injury, he's just been frozen out

Superunknown

You knew it was coming when Ralf barely considered him and now doesn’t even register on ETH‘s radar.

That summer where we bought him, Maguire and James looks absolutely horrific now :nervous:
Doesn't look great at all, I agree. We've had a fair few duff transfer windows over the last decade. This season's looks sensational by comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.