Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

ManRed

There were videos of him last summer of practicing quick feet, one touch passing and movement. Seems to be working very well.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Like a new signing!

No but seriously, if he can be somehow motivated to have enough confidence going forward he can turn it around for himself. The number of times he used a simple stupid cutback to play the pass to a CB is just annoying when he could just go by the line. That along with giving too much time and space to attacker to get a cross in. But there's hope Ten Haag will work on his weaknesses during summer and push Dalot too, who looked pretty good too in his purple patch..

jesperjaap

I trust him a lot more than the other option for RB
Yes, we do need a new number one right back in my opinion f the right player is available. But I do find it strange that even with the turn around in form and signs of progression, that he seems to be the player both the press, pundits and fans seem to generally speculate as the one to leave...and want to

daveskimufc

With other positions becoming pivotal, I'd be happy going into next season with the same fullback options. Spend the money on a striker (or 2) and a GK

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
With other positions becoming pivotal, I'd be happy going into next season with the same fullback options. Spend the money on a striker (or 2) and a GK
We one million percent need to sign an attacking fullback this summer. One of Dalot or AWB need to go. I’d let Dalot leave tbh

Actually I take it back. I would actually sell Malacia and sign Dalot as lb cover

Rusholme Ruffian

I said this a couple of months ago but I think a few people still had PTSD with AWB - but for me he has been an absolute revelation since the World Cup, and both he and Ten Hag should take huge credit. The received wisdom was always that he could only defend and offered nothing going forward, and yet through the course of a season where he barely played for the first few months he has become a real attacking threat and all-round quality footballer. He looks comfortable with the ball, and makes intelligent runs and supports the attack really well - on top of his incredible tackling ability and calmness in tricky situations. If we gave an award for Most Improved Player it would surely be his? So impressed.

Rampant Red Rodriguez

Scared of women, so hates them.
Brilliant again, can see him being our RB next season.
Agree. Until we see the dynamism and fluidity Dalot brings us on the Right. It's all good and well being able to defend but we want to attack. AWB needs a summer of more training for his attacking play and he potentially can be better for us next season.

Andersons Dietician

So is it me or is he arguably now our best attacking fullback? No doubt in my mind that Shaw is the better footballer but he does not seem to get himself in to the positions Bissaka has recently and doesn’t pose the same amount of threat.

He and Dalot can possibly deliver a better quality of cross but it’s not something they do that often where it seems to me Bissaka is getting in to better positions and getting a ball cut back or across the 6 yarder more frequently.

Thoughts?

ti vu

So is it me or is he arguably now our best attacking fullback? No doubt in my mind that Shaw is the better footballer but he does not seem to get himself in to the positions Bissaka has recently and doesn’t pose the same amount of threat.

He and Dalot can possibly deliver a better quality of cross but it’s not something they do that often where it seems to me Bissaka is getting in to better positions and getting a ball cut back or across the 6 yarder more frequently.

Thoughts?
It's just tactic of one of the full back being more conservative and staying behind more to play make like a midfielder, where the full back on the other side bomb up and down the flank more. Dalot stayed back and Malacia/Shaw ran more in early season. Now just switching flank.

AwB did have benefit from Antony being more useful defensively, as well as more persistent to hold on to possession under pressure. That looks more a partnership than anything on left wing (either Rashford, Sancho, or Garnacho).

Shame that when right wing looks a bit better, then there is no proper CF in the box that can attack, trying to convert the few chances/half chances.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Id postpone attacking rb transfer until january if we want to go heavy on the transfer market in other key positions.

jem

Absolutely fantastic and looking like the player we thought we were getting 4 years ago.

Fabio Rochemback

Good performance. He won't even be a big threat going forward but he's a solid player, has surpassed Dalot. We need other positions filling more than RB so I'd keep both of them for now.

BorisManUtd

Good performance. He won't even be a big threat going forward but he's a solid player, has surpassed Dalot. We need other positions filling more than RB so I'd keep both of them for now.
Especially as Dalot has look worse since the WC. I loved pre-World Cup Dalot but it seems like that form is gone.

justsomebloke

Especially as Dalot has look worse since the WC. I loved pre-World Cup Dalot but it seems like that form is gone.
Yep. Plus AWB has raised his game. However, as it stands I still don't think either of them has shown he can be a satisfactory, clear-cut No 1 option at RB for United. Which indicates the need for an upgrade, which again means one of them needs to leave.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Yep. Plus AWB has raised his game. However, as it stands I still don't think either of them has shown he can be a satisfactory, clear-cut No 1 option at RB for United. Which indicates the need for an upgrade, which again means one of them needs to leave.
Don't think either of them need to leave just yet. Dalot is a capable footballer who can cover the LB position as well. Malacia I still have doubts over so it's logical to have a bit more cover. AWB is improving to what's becoming quite a high standard and he's definitely worth holding onto to see what level he can reach.

I understand being a capable footballer isn't good enough at a club like United but there's at least 4 or 5 other positions we need to look at before Dalot and AWB.

Bebestation

Whilst we need an attacking RB -

I wouldn’t right this guy off being a starter for us next season just yet.

He hasn’t just improved his game - he has arguably been a top 2-3 player of our whole squad in the last 4 months.

If he shows that to be just like a patch of form like Dalot - or if he has improved his basic abilities as a footballer through coaching we are not sure yet.

Betson

Another good performance today , I think he has done more than enough to stay at the club but lets see what ETH thinks in the summer.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Slide tackle near 80th minute, great Youtube material, but still he's being ruthless and this is excactly what team needs right now, in current situation, when you need to defend for good chunk of the match.

2Injurytimegoal

He did well in both ends of the floor, the improvement of the attacking front is quite amazing.

He is not Arnold but his energy of making runs become a big weapon to the team, hope he can improve more on his final pass.

Now we don't need to worry about the RB position, him and Dalot are both reliable now.

Based Adnan

Done a good job of increasing his value in the latter half of the season. Club should look to cash in and bring in a RB more suited to the playstyle ETH wishes to implement.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
He did well in both ends of the floor, the improvement of the attacking front is quite amazing.

He is not Arnold but his energy of making runs become a big weapon to the team, hope he can improve more on his final pass.

Now we don't need to worry about the RB position, him and Dalot are both reliable now.
Still needs to improve a bit in the attacking play, his final all is still lacking at times but a decent CF to aim for could change that, we'd be mad to consider selling either when there's much bigger holes in the team to fix

Bebestation

Done a good job of increasing his value in the latter half of the season. Club should look to cash in and bring in a RB more suited to the playstyle ETH wishes to implement.
Thank god your not Ten Hag.

Dalot has increased his value too and will leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.