Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ekeke

Very good rightback performance. If we play 3 at the back with wingbacks then the likes of Frimpong are going to do better with some of the pullbacks he had.

Golden Nugget

He’s improved a lot it’s great to watch. Defensive side went missing but always there, and has come back when he regained his confidence. He’s always in the attacking box, making numbers which is also great to see. What he does when he gets the ball can definitely be improved though

Dominos

Not too long ago it still looked like Dalot was preferred in most games and AWB was mainly called upon when the opposition had a tricky winger we needed him to deal with, and so it seemed like AWB would be the one to leave in the summer to raise funds for a new RB.

AWB seems to be first choice now which makes the summer a little awkward.

That's if we even end up signing a RB. We have so many positions to fill it's hard to know where to start.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Has come on leaps and bounds this season and think he will continue to improve, his athleticism and defensive contribution is phenomenal, and his attacking ability is improving each week. Would definitely be in my team next season.

Sylar

It's strange but pleasant to see him getting in the box more especially when we're controlling more of the game.

Trigg

aka Trippin_Stoned
Got to hand it to him. Was completely frozen out but has improved his game and took on board the staff are wanting him to do and won their trust.

SirSean

Seems like Aaron finally got a manager who's willing to teach him a thing or two about offense. He could be a real asset next season. What a turnaround.

Andersons Dietician

Absolutely everywhere tonight. Literally. Overlapping Rashford on the left. If it wasn’t for Casemiro, he’d probably be my POTM.
Agreed, had to laugh at that as I was thinking what the hell are you doing there then was it a minute later I’m thinking I love this new Bissaka then the ball falls to him in the 18 yarder in that left channel.

Lord Zlatan

possibly the most improved player in the squad. I know Rashford was poor last season but there was always the thought he would bounce back. Wan Bissaka was a dead man walking pre world cup.

FujiVice

Never been better. 25 year old coming into his prime. He could live up to that early promises yet.

Irwin99

Thought he really good again. Some crunching tackles in there as usual but overall play decent too.

Seems to be a lot of speculation that he'll leave but after the good season he's had you can bet we're not going to accept low money for him.

Sylar

Thought his positioning was fecking abysmal most of the game. He was nice on the ball but my god people we could have held at least two directly from his flank
His positioning and the one thing I dislike is how he just jogs back then does a final burst when it seems too late. Wish he would stop doing that

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

I agree that his positioning is not very good. On the other side he immensely improved with the ball at his feet and when going forward.

There were rumors that Dalot might be the one moving in the summer, could it really be the case that AWB has convinced ten Hag that he should be our number one RB?

mjstokes85

His control, dribbling, first touch and skills have got much much better of late.

DavelinaJolie

Yeah he got caught out a few times, and I think it was him that Mudryk sprinted away from in and early break. It's weird seeing him all over the attacking half, when he popped up on the left side of the area for that chance (took too many touches!) I just sat on my sofa looking confused at what was happening.

ZupZup

Wan-Bissaka's positioning is absolutely fine... he's doing what he is being asked to do - which is to sometimes go into quite unorthodox areas for a full back to create passing lanes. If you pay attention to how we play, it's pretty silly to accuse him of being 'caught out of position' when he isn't stood as a conventional right back in a defensive area when we suddenly lose the ball.

He was actually brilliant last night and one of our best performers... besides that awful attempt when he found himself in a scoring position.

Kag

I thought he was all over the place positionally.

Cash in during the summer, thank him for his contribution, and go out and get better.

Marwood

If you ask a fullback to bomb forward, be this hybrid midfielder and then as a team give the ball away all the time he'll naturally be out of position a lot. That's not on him.

I know plenty go on about him improving with the ball but the biggest difference to me is his fitness. Loads more energy now.

Eric_the_Red99

If you ask a fullback to bomb forward, be this hybrid midfielder and then as a team give the ball away all the time he'll naturally be out of position a lot. That's not on him.
Yep, Malacia and Dalot have been caught out in the same way, so it’s clearly a tactical instruction from ETH to his FBs. Shaw less so - possibly because he’s getting different orders, which would make sense given his skill set.

Sylar

I actually think his dribbling has always been good. The passing has been an issue and still is. It seems a confidence thing on that element

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I actually think his dribbling has always been good. The passing has been an issue and still is. It seems a confidence thing on that element
I actually think the opposite.

His passing has always been quick and straight to a team mates feet - he passes out of trouble a lot - his dribbling does seem to have improved.

The thing that has improved most is though is things like heading out at the back post.

He is much more of an all rounded defensive full back now - not just a slide tackling one.

skc_18

Hmm ,atleast for me this is the same AWB who played under Ole. Good dribbling, tackling , passing and pace.
Still, Bad at crossing in opposition box and ball watching in the our box.

He is a good fullback, better than what people here rate, but if he is works in his concentration he will be an excellent full-back.

ArmaDino

I agree that his positioning is not very good. On the other side he immensely improved with the ball at his feet and when going forward.

There were rumors that Dalot might be the one moving in the summer, could it really be the case that AWB has convinced ten Hag that he should be our number one RB?
At this rate I don't think either one has moved. Reports are saying that we've basically agreed Dalot's extension.

Also it would be madness to sell a player that was frozen out at the start of the season due to his technical deficiencies. Despite playing 0 minutes in 6 months, never complained once, put his head down and worked his ass off to improve his limitations. Came back a better player, but also didn't lose his insane 1 vs 1 skills. A monster asset to have on the team considering he is entering his prime, his athleticism, the fact that he very rarely injured and his very professional attitude.

I think we can now see as to why the Frimpong links have gone quiet and we've prioritised an extra CM instead. Good job lad. One of the best turn arounds I've seen anyone pull in a United shirt.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
At this rate I don't think either one has moved. Reports are saying that we've basically agreed Dalot's extension.

Also it would be madness to sell a player that was frozen out at the start of the season due to his technical deficiencies. Despite playing 0 minutes in 6 months, never complained once, put his head down and worked his ass off to improve his limitations. Came back a better player, but also didn't lose his insane 1 vs 1 skills. A monster asset to have on the team considering he is entering his prime, his athleticism, the fact that he very rarely injured and his very professional attitude.

I think we can now see as to why the Frimpong links have gone quiet and we've prioritised an extra CM instead. Good job lad. One of the best turn arounds I've seen anyone pull in a United shirt.
He wasn't frozen out, he missed eight or ten games at the start of the season with a back injury and then had to catch up fitness wise.

lysglimt

Scout
Doesn't matter if he was injured or frozen out - he is by far our best RB right now. And he is going nowhere, it would be really stupid to sell him.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
He wasn’t around during the pre-season was he?

Really excited to see him after a pre-season with the team and hopefully he can get the one thing he misses out on - just some end product to his game.

I really enjoy watching him. He’s like a slide tackling lite Ronaldinho at RB.

Will be disappointed if he was sold because I think he has been good 3 out of 4 seasons - or at least performed up to expectations in all except in 1.

Brightonian

If we lose a RB it should be Dalot, not AWB.

Dalot is solid but average and not showing any signs of dramatic improvement. Safe option, but not if you want to win a title.

AWB is noticeably changing and developing. From an early age he has been exceptional - maybe one of the very best in the world - at part of his game. Other parts are progressing fast. Other parts are still deficient.

So you sell Dalot and bring in someone with the potential to be a world-beater, like Frimpong. And then if Frimpong takes a while to settle and develop, AWB offers that defensive ability and the possibility of 'doing a Shaw' and just continually improving to overcome the challenger.

Status
Not open for further replies.