Aaron Wan-Bissaka | The Ornacle speaks: It is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishRedDevil

'United are hopeful of completing a £15million swoop for James in the coming days, but will have to pay up to £50m to sign Palace and England Under-21 right-back Wan-Bissaka.

Palace are determined to hold out for the best possible price for Wan-Bissaka, who United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has identified as his ideal first-choice right-back for next season.

With Antonio Valencia having left, Matteo Darmian also on his way this summer and veteran defender Ashley Young past his best, Solskajer needs to recruit a new first-choice right-back.

Wan-Bissaka is in demand after a fantastic season for Palace, but United are bidding to reach agreement with Palace over a fee, before discussing personal terms with the 21-year-old.'

Tarrou

I'd pay it

Right back is a big issue for us and we need to stop dicking about with half measures

No Love

I don’t even think 50m is that outrageous. If they were demanding 80-90m then I’d agree that we should look elsewhere, but 50m is fairly reasonable.

If that’s what they want, just pay it and be done with it.

izec

The price is not the issue for me. 50m is fine for him. Pay it and get him in quickly, if this looks like it drags on til August, forget it and move to another RB (Meunier). The longer we wait, the more the other potential targets will be off the market.

gajender

This is gonna be a mistake we need fullbacks who contribute offensively and are good on the ball , whenever I have seen Wan Bissaka he looks poor on the ball his passing looks laboured as well but I am basing that on limited viewing may be people who have watched him regularly could tell us more.

Zoo

Pay the money and sort the the position out once and for all. Do the same for CB and holding midfielder.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Pay the money and sort the the position out once and for all. Do the same for CB and holding midfielder.
Would it though? Is he that good? I'd much prefer Muenier

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
It's blatant guess work from all journalists, AWB has already said he'll be at Palace next season and yet these stories continue. Muenier has also said he wants to stay at PSG. Prepare for Young/Dalot at RB next season would be my advice folks

ash_86

Would it though? Is he that good? I'd much prefer Muenier
I'd personally go for AWB. We have Dalot who is very aggressive going forward and AWB who is very good defensively. This gives us a good set of options depending on the game.

SATA

Why not half the price for Muenier? A few years later and Dalot should be ready to take over

Not sure if AWB is worth that money. From what i heard, he is very poor attacking wise and offere nothing there

passing-wind

Get it done, don't want Meunier AWB is proven in the league, younger and English.

Anyone mentioning Dalot in the same breath as AWB needs their heads checking. There's a reason why Ashley Young is the number one right back at this club. Despite his abysmal performances

Hawks2008

I'm still sceptical of his ability going forward and I also believe Dalot will come good, but feck I don't want to see Young starting 30+ games so I wouldn't really be against it.

Sylar

The only way price is an issue is if it eats into our actual budget. But id rather there not be a limited budget and we pay where we need to pay even if its over by 10m or 15m etc.

Would be happy with getting him.

Aloysius's Back 3

If meunier was English people would want Wan Bissaka. Meunier is worse that unstable Kyle walker and he isn't even young.

Rista

Not good enough going forward to warrant that fee for me. Which would maybe be acceptable if we had any other good offensive fullbacks but we don't. Hope we stay clear at this price.

Nick.

So are we just giving up on Dalot then? I thought he's looked good this season.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
This is gonna be a mistake we need fullbacks who contribute offensively and are good on the ball , whenever I have seen Wan Bissaka he looks poor on the ball his passing looks laboured as well but I am basing that on limited viewing may be people who have watched him regularly could tell us more.
He is a defensive fullback definitely and speaks about the type of philosophy Ole wants at United. Which is one of the concerns I have with Ole. He seems to be very similar to Mourinho in the type of football he wants United to play. A more attack minded manager would have went for Atal, Cancelo, Hakimi and so on. I have no doubt that AWB is a good fullback and he would definitely fit Ole counterattacking football as we would need to be compact defensively and AWB is fantastic when it comes to one on ones, reading the game and tackling.

Negative Red

If AWB is Solskjaers preferred choice at right back, £50m for a first team player is decent money. Premier League proven, age on his side, just get it done.

RuudTom83

Worth every penny if it means we don’t need to watch Young kick a football again.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
This is why I want Menuier - AWB is gonna be too pricey.
AWB would only be 25-30m more than Meunier according to this, he's 6 years younger and has just had a fantastic season. He's unlucky that TAA is in brilliant form as he's easily been the 2nd best RB in the league. Sure, Meunier is good too but weird to say that price would be an issue as if you take into account all factors then the price in the long term probably works out fairly similar (transfer wise).

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Not good enough going forward to warrant that fee for me. Which would maybe be acceptable if we had any other good offensive fullbacks but we don't. Hope we stay clear at this price.
Dalot is good offensively

PoTMS

I would gladly take him but we desperately need an attacking full back. Not sure AWB counts as one of those despite being solid defensively.

Classical Mechanic

I would gladly take him but we desperately need an attacking full back. Not sure AWB counts as one of those despite being solid defensively.
Think he completed more dribbles than any other full back this season or something. He definitely has the potential to be an attacking full back.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Bit conflicted over this one. He's undoubtedly a great prospect, a mature player for his age and a sizeable upgrade on what we have, but I'd like to see Dalot get a chance. I'd like to see Laird get one as well.

I tend to think that scuppering opportunities for our youth is only worth it if we're getting a world class talent or a top tier prospect who looks nailed on to develop the entire package. We can't really say AWB fits that latter criteria when he has done very little going forward. I couldn't help but be happy if we get him, but you can argue that a signing such as Meunier makes more sense.

AWB would only be 25-30m more than Meunier according to this, he's 6 years younger and has just had a fantastic season. He's unlucky that TAA is in brilliant form as he's easily been the 2nd best RB in the league. Sure, Meunier is good too but weird to say that price would be an issue as if you take into account all factors then the price in the long term probably works out fairly similar (transfer wise).
It's not expensive as such, but I'm just concerned it will eat into our transfer budget. We have at least 3 other areas that need strengthening as well.

gajender

He is a defensive fullback definitely and speaks about the type of philosophy Ole wants at United. Which is one of the concerns I have with Ole. He seems to be very similar to Mourinho in the type of football he wants United to play. A more attack minded manager would have went for Atal, Cancelo, Hakimi and so on. I have no doubt that AWB is a good fullback and he would definitely fit Ole counterattacking football as we would need to be compact defensively and AWB is fantastic when it comes to one on ones, reading the game and tackling.
Well I am also not thrilled with this I want United to play on front foot forcing opposition to worry about us rather the other way round but if we are focusing on defensive fullback like Wan Bissaka it's gonna be long season again .

Status
Not open for further replies.