Aaron Wan-Bissaka | The Ornacle speaks: It is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
What about Mhiki? He can play off the right. I just think spending that kind of money on Zaha is wild.
He's average and on way too much wages wise. If we could flog him we'd be better off.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
The signing has no relevance to when the transfer is officially lodged with the respective governing bodies though, the contract can be effective from July 1st if that is what United want.
If he's signed then he's under contract from now.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
He's average and on way too much wages wise. If we could flog him we'd be better off.
Zaha is not coming in cheap wages . Don't think there would be huge difference between him and Mikhi

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
What date is on the contract though? It is not my theory but to be honest you are stating something as fact when you havbe no way of knowing the truth. Herrera has signed with PSG but is he their player yet?
If he's signed today, which it very much seems he has, then the contract will be dated today.

If Herrera has signed for PSG then yes he's their player.

Gandalf

If he's signed today, which it very much seems he has, then the contract will be dated today.

If Herrera has signed for PSG then yes he's their player.
You are seriously telling me you have never seen a future dated contract? Herrera has signed but his contract with us runs out on Sunday so his PSG contact comes into force on Monday, the contract AWB has signed could equally have an effective date of Monday which would fit with the start of the league year. It is perfectly possible and perfectly legal for the contract to be drawn up this way, I have no proof that it was but you have no proof that it was not.

George The Best

The signing has no relevance to when the transfer is officially lodged with the respective governing bodies though, the contract can be effective from July 1st if that is what United want.
Most contracts are effective 1st July. Contracts signed in the January window are usually X years plus 1/2 (or so) year to also finish on 30th June. So I agree.

JK-27

Good luck to Wan, just don't know the logic behind it, Dalot has looked seriously good when he's had an opportunity to play, don't see the sense in having him compete with another young RB who himself has only had 1 season in the Prem.

AFC NimbleThumb

Good luck to Wan, just don't know the logic behind it, Dalot has looked seriously good when he's had an opportunity to play, don't see the sense in having him compete with another young RB who himself has only had 1 season in the Prem.
My thoughts exactly, I was enthused by Dalot’s performances last season [sporadic but none more so than the team] - maybe Dalot is seen as playing further up the field going forward.

SuperiorXI

Competition? Brings out the best in players just look at Messi and Ronaldo.

Alabaster Codify7

Shaw won our fan's player of the year. Its not exactly a high bar.
This.

Also,he gets fecking stuck in and seems like he actually gives a shite about his profession unlike the vast majority of the full,lifeless squad we have assembled. It won't be hard. POTM for August. Mark the post.

Bojan11

He was really coming on until that point
Was he really?

This myth needs to go away. He was great for a few matches where Depay looked like Messi vs the mighty club Brugge. It’s like the old Cleverley/Anderson were great for a few games at a start of the season in Fergies last few seasons.

His final ball has always been lacking and it’s something he needs to improve for next season if he wants to be a long term fixture because the excuses should be over now considering it’s been 5 year since he has joined. If he doesn’t deliver next season then he should be binned.

BlueHaze

Was he really?

This myth needs to go away. He was great for a few matches where Depay looked like Messi vs the mighty club Brugge. It’s like the old Cleverley/Anderson were great for a few games at a start of the season in Fergies last few seasons.

His final ball has always been lacking and it’s something he needs to improve for next season if he wants to be a long term fixture because the excuses should be over now considering it’s been 5 year since he has joined. If he doesn’t deliver next season then he should be binned.
Going forward he's definitely not the best and his end product is frustrating at times but you can't argue he's not been defensively solid.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
I'm guessing they haven't announced it yet because they are still editing the video. Because you know, you can't just announce a player signing anymore. It has to be a video that's going to get some hits and go viral....ugh

DJ Jeff

Not so Jazzy
Soaring like a candy wrapper caught in an updraft
Was he really?

He was great in games like Liverpool home, spurs home in his short run before that injury. He was definitely coming on

RedCurry

Giovinco is called The Atomic Ant. Now let's be consistent in your approach and get him, Woodward.
I’d back that. I’ve watched the guy multiple times and even though it was only MLS I’d take any reasonable bet that he’s better footballer than Lingard.

JohnnyKills

They've blatantly timed this tweet to divert attention from the protest haven't they. Properly cynical.

AshRK

Well done. One transfer I really wanted our club to do. Now on to the next one.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
They've blatantly timed this tweet to divert attention from the protest haven't they. Properly cynical.
We like to paint them as stupid but they aren’t silly. Far more likely than the 29 on the 29th thing that Mark Goldbridge was on about.

JohnnyKills

We like to paint them as stupid but they aren’t silly. Far more likely than the 29 on the 29th thing that Mark Goldbridge was on about.
Still, at least it shows the protest and the social media stuff is affecting them. Anyway, that's for another thread I guess.

el3mel

Hopefully seals the right back position and proves he's worth what's paid for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.