Aaron Wan-Bissaka | The Ornacle speaks: It is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chairman Steve

Pretty sure Dalot can play left side too, so he’ll get opportunities even if Shaw got injured... plus Dalot kinda has that young Gareth Bale feel about him where you’re not sure whether he’s going to eventually become an attacking winger or develop into a competent full back.

Alabaster Codify7

Price aside, he'll be a huge success here. He's way better than what we currently have. And that's what successful teams do....upgrade on what they have. Successful teams don't dither about the development of younger players who may not even prove to be good enough.

AP88

Supports
Man City
He’s effectively a breakdancer; never seen a player spend so much time on the deck, arms and legs all over, trying to salvage his woeful positional play.

For a fan base who’ve spent the past few years condemning the solid Valencia and Shaw for their lack of impact going forward to be so excited by the club spending a large chunk of the transfer budget on a technically inept, awkward fullback.

Might as well have got Tom Edwards from Stoke, newly crowned player of the season, for a fraction of the price to battle it out with Dalot.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
He’s effectively a breakdancer; never seen a player spend so much time on the deck, arms and legs all over, trying to salvage his woeful positional play.

For a fan base who’ve spent the past few years condemning the solid Valencia and Shaw for their lack of impact going forward to be so excited by the club spending a large chunk of the transfer budget on a technically inept, awkward fullback.

Might as well have got Tom Edwards from Stoke, newly crowned player of the season, for a fraction of the price to battle it out with Dalot.
Nonsense

Gandalf

This is either a joke or you have never seriously watched him play.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
That article suggests a "world record fee" for a 21 y.o. fullback, with only one year of Top Flight football, comes from 12th League position team.

It does send a message to other teams we will buy the players from.

Kapardin

Never seen more divided opinions than here. Half the posters are claiming he isn't good on the ball and is not great as an attacking FB and the other half are saying the exact opposite.

Dunno myself what he's like, but I'm hoping for the best.

GJNJ

Never seen more divided opinions than here. Half the posters are claiming he isn't good on the ball and is not great as an attacking FB and the other half are saying the exact opposite.

Every thread is like that.

Silas

Completely disagree, just because he doesn't bomb up the wing for Palace doesn't mean he can't do it, the lad was a forward and a winger before being converted to a fullback. I'm very excited by this potential signing and I suggest for those that doubt his capabilities, stop spouting pointless stats and actually watch him play for the the u21's next week.
I wonder why.

The forum just has polarised views. There’s never a consensus on any player. I’ve not seen enough of him - but if he does sign, it really won’t be hard for him to improve on what we have had for the last 5 years.

Hughie77

I have said there is more full backs about at a more decent price, but saying that Ole wants young blood, and he is AWB.

If Oles he'll bent on getting him in then the Board needs to back him and get him? I think if the bid is upped a bit, with add ons we get him?
I think reading he wants the move as well, if so that's a plus we would be getting a top full back and young.

Reactions: golden_blunder

Infra-red

I have said there is more full backs about at a more decent price, but saying that Ole wants young blood, and he is AWB.

If Oles he'll bent on getting him in then the Board needs to back him and get him? I think if the bid is upped a bit, with add ons we get him?
I think reading he wants the move as well, if so that's a plus we would be getting a top full back and young.
I agree that the board should back the manager - I said the same when Mourinho was here, even when he was targeting players I didn't really like.

Ultimately, it will be Solskjaer who gets the chop if things go badly next year, so he has to be given a fair crack at it.

Red Royal

We need to get cralearive ti complete this.

Wonder if Roy will take our club captain Ashley to finalise the deal.

Maybe they get TFM on loan again.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
For a 20 year old player, he had a quite solid season in toughest league in the world and Ole obviously think he can build on that experience much more complete player.

It's a longer road but potential is there for a solid defender that will help stopping the avalanche of goals conceded from last season.

Jezpeza

I think he is an absolute must personally. Not one you’d necessarily sign on Fifa but Sanchez is an 87 on there .

If you look at his consistency, performace levels and stats from last season he's more or less on par with Kyle walker, better than trippier and only really comes behind TAA on assists, and consider he did that in a mediocre to poor crystal palace side. Thats key. Not his name and price tag, how he plays

Joseunited

It's gonna get done at 50m plus 5-10m in add ons. This is just negotiating with a little give and take from both sides.
I hope you're right,i just wonder if there is any truth in the Sky Italy news that the Juventus director is at United's London office to discuss a Pogba deal that involves Cancelo.

Jezpeza

I hope you're right,i just wonder if there is any truth in the Sky Italy news that the Juventus director is at United's London office to discuss a Pogba deal that involves Cancelo.
Utter shite i reckon. Theres no one there apart from the commercial team etc whos going to negotiate the sale?

KristianMackle

Hard to trust Woody to get deals done and done quickly. We're in for a long summer. So is OGS in fact.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Give them the damn 50 Million Ed and get it over with!

You're now haggling over a few million.

Suvvernmanc

Suddenly gone quiet.

Hope this means we are wrapping up the deal :nervous:
There was literally stuff out yesterday saying that it'll take £50m to land him.

Ed is haggling with Palace. Its normal in football when dealing with millions of pounds. We want the best deal, so do Palace.

It will happen and it will be soon I think. If a fee is agreed in the next 5 days or so, it will still be a week, maybe 2 until we see him in the colours of red on sky sports news. Patients my freind

HJ12

Considering Solskjær wants the bulk of our transfer business done before July 1st (which is the start of pre season), there should be some very busy people at United right now.
What Solskjaer wants and what Woody does appear to be mutually exclusive events. Doubt we'll be done with our signings by 1 July as it would imply we have a degree of strategy around our execution of transfers.

lysglimt

Scout
That article suggests a "world record fee" for a 21 y.o. fullback, with only one year of Top Flight football, comes from 12th League position team.

It does send a message to other teams we will buy the players from.
Well in fairness, the World record fee for a fullback is ridiculously low compared to several other positions. £50 million for AWB will prove to be a steal in 3-4 years time

Andersons Dietician

What Solskjaer wants and what Woody does appear to be mutually exclusive events. Doubt we'll be done with our signings by 1 July as it would imply we have a degree of strategy around our execution of transfers.
You do realise it’s not like ordering something off of Amazon right?

Managers can say they want this player by such and such a date but if the other club doesn’t want to sell or is asking for a price you don’t deem to be acceptable it’s going to take time till you hash out a deal. Every manager ever has probably said I want them in before pre-season starts. Doesn’t mean it’s always going to be possible.

Toad

Quality control
Ole is simply a dick. We need someone more ruthless who will give the money and wrap deals up straight away without fecking around with haggling over pennies. Pisses me off.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Ole is simply a dick. We need someone more ruthless who will give the money and wrap deals up straight away without fecking around with haggling over pennies. Pisses me off.
:lol:

WPMUFC

I can't believe how quickly everyone just forgot about Dalot. Is another young RB really necessary? A reminder that Trent was 18/19 when Liverpool gave him a chance with a solid run of games.

Furthermore, Dalot, although he played infrequently, has one of the most successful cross percentages in the premier league.

I have a sneaky feeling AWB would be solid defensively, but would gradually frustrate the fanbase down the line with his attacking play.
If the AWB deal goes through, Dalot is the unfortunate victim of collateral damage caused by our clown car of a club switch managers for fun. If Ole doesn't rate Dalot, he has no future. Just look at lukaku. Jose's main guy, relegated to a bench warmer for rashy. The manager dictates the players he wants, seemingly, he doesn't want dalot as a starter.

RedDevilRoshi

How on Earth is this Ole’s fault? He isn’t the one doing the negotiating, in fact don’t think any manager does that part of the deal?

Unless you’ve been playing too much Football Manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.