Aaron Wan-Bissaka | The Ornacle speaks: It is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celoti23-81

Ignore him. He's been spouting utter garbage for the past week.
Yeah, you go live in your overrated British player wonderland! See where it will get us when we replace pogba with the likes of 13 game wonder Longstaff. Nothing dissimilar to what Ole is! 50 million for a limited right back! Jesus. I'd rather we play Dalot there!

Give over, you muppets. AWB is class. A sliced clearance in the 94th min after being battered for 25 mins isn't going to change a thing. This kid is going to be a top player. And if we don't buy him, City or Spurs will.

*Also, nobody is signing him until this tournament is over. Same goes for Maddison and Dembele.*
No one else is buying him. City or Spurs aren’t going near him for the money Palace are (reportedly) asking.

To all the muppets - that’s why Ed. has been negotiating, tight must decrease his value by a few quid!*

*id add white text due to the last para, but can’t be arsed.

MattyB1986

Give over, you muppets. AWB is class. A sliced clearance in the 94th min after being battered for 25 mins isn't going to change a thing. This kid is going to be a top player. And if we don't buy him, City or Spurs will.

*Also, nobody is signing him until this tournament is over. Same goes for Maddison and Dembele.*
Mate, football fans change opinions every game. Fickle as feck.

Ha has had a pretty good game IMO.

The only thing I can fault him was for the first goal. That step on the right was poor, should've covered the near post.
Looks a good young keeper. Hoping he will be Villa’s no.1 (on loan) next season and we can see what he’s made of in the PL.

Mate, football fans change opinions every game. Fickle as feck.
‘Internet’ football fans - give it another week of not signing anyone and a proportion will be off to support Liverpool.

tomaldinho1

We are wasting time. Our first bid was £25m. They rejected it and they make it clear they won’t sell anything less than £50m. And our 2nd bid was £35m plus £15m adds on. That’s horrible negotiation skills. How is £35m anywhere close to £50m, it’s so obvious they will reject it again which they did. 40m plus 10m adds on or 45m plus 5m adds on should have been our 2nd bid.

We shouldn’t wasting our time, we still need to sign other players. Not going straight hit is fine but be more reasonable.
I'd take it all with a pinch of salt given most media pluck figures from their buttocks.

We're not a sugar daddy club so even though we fans get impatient, a difference of a couple of million is a huge a mount of money. Worst thing we can do is repeat our old tactic of just going in with silly money for the sake of speed. Let's have some confidence in ourselves, if the player doesn't want to come or the club has stupid transfer demands we simply move on and it's not the end of the world.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He was very good. Shame about the last minute but thats football.

I hope people who had concerns he cannot play football have realised he can play attacking. His link up play was absolutely fine.

Enigma_87

You know who
Looks a good young keeper. Hoping he will be Villa’s no.1 (on loan) next season and we can see what he’s made of in the PL.
There is something about him. He's not ready for United yet, but season or two in the Premiership who knows? Obviously he's a talented lad and tonight he had a good game.

I'd take it all with a pinch of salt given most media pluck figures from their buttocks.

We're not a sugar daddy club so even though we fans get impatient, a difference of a couple of million is a huge a mount of money. Worst thing we can do is repeat our old tactic of just going in with silly money for the sake of speed. Let's have some confidence in ourselves, if the player doesn't want to come or the club has stupid transfer demands we simply move on and it's not the end of the world.
Indeed - let’s not start quoting newspaper reports as fact. They can have a good guess about what we may or may not have bid, but Jesus H Christ - they aren’t facts!

Patrick08

Yeah, you go live in your overrated British player wonderland! See where it will get us when we replace pogba with the likes of 13 game wonder Longstaff. Nothing dissimilar to what Ole is! 50 million for a limited right back! Jesus. I'd rather we play Dalot there!
Yeah not worth 50 m surely. I think woodward 's offer with heavy very difficult addones is perfect, otherwise just move on to other targets and let him run down his deal till we can pounce.

There is something about him. He's not ready for United yet, but season or two in the Premiership who knows? Obviously he's a talented lad and tonight he had a good game.
I’ve not seen a great deal of him, but looks a decent shot stopper. Didn’t watch the game, but would be interested to see what his distribution is like. If we are to move on from DDG in the next couple of years, we are not going to get a better shot stopper - but our distribution from the back could be improved a lot.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I rate this post 6/10. Needs more exclamation marks!

Enigma_87

You know who
I’ve not seen a great deal of him, but looks a decent shot stopper. Didn’t watch the game, but would be interested to see what his distribution is like. If we are to move on from DDG in the next couple of years, we are not going to get a better shot stopper - but our distribution from the back could be improved a lot.
I've not seen that much of him but from occasional game it's okish. He's the DDG/Oblak type, not the sweeper keeper type.

Hopefully he'll develop the command in the area this is something we can also improve as it's not one of DDG outstanding qualities as well.

Castia

Sounds exactly like Dalot’s situation

People are so eager to see Young out of the first team, we have one of the best young RB’s in Europe that just needs games.

Enigma_87

You know who

People are so eager to see Young out of the first team, we have one of the best young RB’s in Europe that just needs games.
I was talking about Henderson. AWB had an okish game if it weren't for the brainfart at the end.

But those things happen when you are young. Wouldn't put that much stress on one game, especially with England being a man down for the last 30 mins.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi

Here is the thing. If the club does not sign a RB it will be another season of Young as first choice RB. Maybe Dalot is the answer in the future but, it does not seem like Ole trust to start Dalot at RB yet.

Here is the thing. If the club does not sign a RB it will be another season of Young as first choice RB. Maybe Dalot is the answer in the future but, it does not seem like Ole trust to start Dalot at RB yet.
Almost certain Utd will sign a RB, if it’s not AWB then it will be someone else.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Shame on all of you negative ninnies. I'm quite looking forward to watching him play next season.

Jordan_mufc

Don't forget their three centre midfielders who are primarily there to defend and cover the wide areas, allowing the full backs to bomb on.
Yeah for sure, they have a lovely set-up to cater for their full backs. Something that we don't have. Thus having an entirely attacking full back line up would leave us ridiculously exposed.

MUFC OK

We actually have 2 weeks to get the business done for the start of pre-season and I do expect 2 or possibly 3 announcements in that time. I am more concerned at this point with who those announcements are because if it is just squad options we are fecked.
Considering how slowly we have been shown to conduct ourselves, do you actually believe that is possible? AWB and Maguire/Diop at best and with none of the deadwood being shifted that has to go down and a catastrophic failure for me.

I d love a couple of unexpected announcements out of nowhere but there’s no way we are organised or tactful enough to pull that off. Whoever we sign it will be in the media for a week or two before it becomes reality.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
Don't forget their three centre midfielders who are primarily there to defend and cover the wide areas, allowing the full backs to bomb on.
Agree about covering wide areas, but I don't think they are there to primarily defend. It seems their main job is to quickly get the ball to the flanks (wide attackers or fullbacks). Of course pressing/winning the ball back is part of it, but I wouldn't say their job is to primarily defend.

Yeah for sure, they have a lovely set-up to cater for their full backs. Something that we don't have. Thus having an entirely attacking full back line up would leave us ridiculously exposed.
Their midfield is nothing special though, even though I rate all of them. They just happen to play effective attacking football and have really good wide players (fullbacks included)

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag

I agree that we don’t want throw away silly money.

But if we don’t sort out our shit together and instead we are wasting time just to do bargain then end of the day we will in panic mode of not getting our targets before the windows are closed. And when that happen pressure will be on the board and they will still throw silly money away to get all the targets.

I think what we need is be reasonable. The club already make it clear that they aren’t going to hold the player for leaving and Palace set £50m value for Bissaka so we should go closer not trying to make 3x bids until both clubs can finally in agreement.

If 1st bid is rejected then 2nd bid should be much much closer to their demand. We are talking about £50m for proven PL player not some kind of £80m to £150m money.

It will be much better we are getting almost all our main targets before the pre season and I’m assuming those should be (James, Bissaka, midfield; Bruno?? and 1 more).

Look at how Real get the deal done after their horrible season and

Last edited:

BlueHaze

I couldn't give a feck about his game today if we miss out on him because of penny pinching I'll be pissed.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Only saw the highlights (England should have been 2-3 nil up before the sending off it seems). How was he going forward?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I couldn't give a feck about his game today if we miss out on him because of penny pinching I'll be pissed.
Wouldnt say its penny pinching if we refuse to pay a world record fee for a fullback when that fullback has weaknesses on the ball and going forward while we already have a 20 year old right back at the club as future potential...

sparx99

Almost certain Utd will sign a RB, if it’s not AWB then it will be someone else.
I don’t get why we are so obsessed with a RB. Our priority should be RW over anything else.

Young made just as many mistakes as Dalot last season. Dalot should be playing ahead of him. He needs a run of games to find his positioning and confidence.

Laird is also the same age as when TAA broke through. If we want to give young players a chance then start with our own. Sometimes a young player takes the chance and solves a problem position.

sparx99

Considering how slowly we have been shown to conduct ourselves, do you actually believe that is possible? AWB and Maguire/Diop at best and with none of the deadwood being shifted that has to go down and a catastrophic failure for me.

I d love a couple of unexpected announcements out of nowhere but there’s no way we are organised or tactful enough to pull that off. Whoever we sign it will be in the media for a week or two before it becomes reality.
Tbf though Maguire has been on England duty and probably now on holiday. And AWB is at the Euros. I’m not sure there is any great rush to finalise the financial part of the deal.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Had a poor game last night, littered with mistakes and just out of sorts. Didn't look worth anywhere near his current valuation. That said, he had a very good season with Palace but I think people are going a bit overboard on him - £50 million is very steep for him right now to be honest.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
He was very good. Shame about the last minute but thats football.

I hope people who had concerns he cannot play football have realised he can play attacking. His link up play was absolutely fine.
He really wasn't 'very good' at all. He was probably England's poorest player on the night. Not saying he isn't a great prospect but he certainly didn't show it in that match.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
That's why I'd rather get someone like Meunier (if he'd come). Pretty sure he'd do a solid job for two years, wouldn't cost much and could see how Dalot develops (and what position.... still not sure if he's a wingback or even attacking right sided).

If doesn't work out, re-evaluate and see what RBs are around then.

We're a mess.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Had a poor game last night, littered with mistakes and just out of sorts. Didn't look worth anywhere near his current valuation. That said, he had a very good season with Palace but I think people are going a bit overboard on him - £50 million is very steep for him right now to be honest.
Doubt there is anyone who think he is worth 50 million. We have to overpay and everyone knows it.

Status
Not open for further replies.