Aaron Wan-Bissaka | The Ornacle speaks: It is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I'm not saying you couldn't. But last summer you spent a grand total of £50m on new players after spending £150m the previous two summers. That either means your outlay on Pogba and Lukaku has forced you to tighten the purse strings, or it means you have enough money stored for a significant spending spree this year. If you don't have to sell Pogba (or Lukaku for that matter) to generate the kind of funds necessary to buy someone like Fernandes or Eriksen then that's great, but if you do have to sell before you can buy again I think you'll be in a spot of bother considering not many teams can afford to buy the players you're looking to offload - not only that, but the teams that can afford to pay top dollar for Pogba and Lukaku probably don't want them anymore because of how far their stock has fallen in comparison to how much they'd cost.
We're fecking minted. The only reason we wouldn't spend money is the owners.

robinamicrowave

Wanted to be bran, ended up being littlefinger
Supports
Man City
We're fecking minted. The only reason we wouldn't spend money is the owners.
This is another factor I hadn't even considered.

I think the rebuilding job required to replace Pogba would be too big to do in one summer, but the damage done by keeping an unhappy player who doesn't want to be at the club might well cost you more in the long run.

Exciting times!

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
When was the last time we had a genuine right back playing as a right back?

Fıstıkçı Şahap

Still a lot of money for a very limited player. I'm very skeptical about this signing.
Indeed. £45m (+£5 add-ons) is way too much for a defensive full-back who only had 1 full season under his belt. And we already have FBs like Darmian who is very good defensively but non-existant in attack. If he was a player with attacking qualities along with safety in defence it'd be more understandable to pay this amount. And you have to wonder why we took 1,5 month to sanction this deal if we've the intent to pay what Palace wanted. Anyway, time is on his side though and he can (hopefully) improve in every aspect.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Ignoring Darmian because hes trash, Rafael? Even though Valencia was genuinely quality for a couple of years there, despite being a converted winger.

Snafu17

I'm really enjoying this Caf trend of late where rival fans post about how worried they are for the future of United, with our apparent lack of ambition and money (despite us spending quite frankly ridiculous amounts in the last few years). They are all apparently so so so worried. All of those tears make it almost impossible to hear the sound of their smug wanking.

Havak

Pokemon master
Dalot is a genuine Right Back, but obviously not an established first choice. You could argue Darmian as well, but he never nailed the position down. 2012-13 Rafael was outright first choice Right Back. He was for a lot of the season after, but then his time came. I suppose it's take your pick out of those, but this does feel like he could be the first real 'claim to the throne' so to speak since Gary Neville. You could say it's a position where it's felt like we didn't sort it out properly for far too long. I'd compare it to us finally getting van der Sar to fix our goalkeeping woes after big Pete.

robinamicrowave

Wanted to be bran, ended up being littlefinger
Supports
Man City
I'm really enjoying this Caf trend of late where rival fans post about how worried they are for the future of United, with our apparent lack of ambition and money (despite us spending quite frankly ridiculous amounts in the last few years). They are all apparently so so so worried. All of those tears make it almost impossible to hear the sound of their smug wanking.
My dad's a United fan. My best friend is too. Sure, it was funny for a while, but I much prefer battling United for the title. I don't want you to fade into obscurity like City did while I was growing up simply because it's miserable and makes football feel joyless. A few years of realising you're not indestructible would do you all some good, like it does any set of fans (if only because it makes the rise sweeter), but I still want to feel sick on derby day every season.

Lee565

If this is all done and dusted then great news, I have my reservations about his ability on the ball but I am happy to be patient to see how he progresses over the next few season in that regard as he is already got his defensive game down extremely well.

SATA

Hoping Daniel James and AWB will develop a partnership together and be menaces on our right wing for years to come. We absolutely need that side of the pitch to function well and good

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
We need to give him a RW to work with the though. Need to stop expecting our RBs to cover the entire right side of the pitch.

Jezpeza

Indeed. £45m (+£5 add-ons) is way too much for a defensive full-back who only had 1 full season under his belt. And we already have FBs like Darmian who is very good defensively but non-existant in attack. If he was a player with attacking qualities along with safety in defence it'd be more understandable to pay this amount. And you have to wonder why we took 1,5 month to sanction this deal if we've the intent to pay what Palace wanted. Anyway, time is on his side though and he can (hopefully) improve in every aspect.
To follow up on your post:

A) Out of curiosity, what in your opinion is an appropriate fee for a young full back who has the second best stats in the division for a player in his position from a club under no pressure to sell to a club who can be held to ransom who have no one in the position?

B) You’ve never seen Darmian play a match of football

C) even if you haven't seen palace on sky you can watch the youtube reel of him dribbling past multiple players and driving into the opposition half. In multiple games against multiple teams. Justify how if he can do that he is ‘non existent in attack’.

pascell

Does anyone know how he performed for Palace youth teams? Shows the english premium if AWB has one solid first season and is worth £50m.

Shows Ole is getting what he wants in the profile of transfer targets, a good sign that we've finally moved away from marquee signings. Signing players with potential and a good work ethic is a step in the right direction for us as a club.

Snafu17

My dad's a United fan. My best friend is too. Sure, it was funny for a while, but I much prefer battling United for the title. I don't want you to fade into obscurity like City did while I was growing up simply because it's miserable and makes football feel joyless. A few years of realising you're not indestructible would do you all some good, like it does any set of fans (if only because it makes the rise sweeter), but I still want to feel sick on derby day every season.
Oh get the feck off, please. The idea United is anything like City was before you won the lottery and got bank rolled by a slave state is ridiculous. This isn't the 80's anymore. United are badly run as a football club currently, but that can change quickly. Sure we might be shit for another season or ten or even thirty, but as long as the club stays a big brand with the potential to make money we're likely not going to spend our seasons playing Stockport. Maybe the Glazers/the club will get their shit together and start planning long term (which is what we need, we've been spending shitloads carelessly and without a plan, that's the reason for our failings, not lack of "ambition" or "founds" or whatever else your reasons for the "imminent demise of the lethargic giant" are), maybe we'll get lucky with a great manager or maybe a rival slave state will buy the club and they'll throw enough money to get back to the top like our precious neighbours.

Either way, that wasn't my point. My point was that I don't buy you're attitude."Oh no, it was fun at first, but now I feel pain, for my arch rival, as I can only enjoy success, if I am pushed by our competitiveness." Get the feck off, this is not a sincere reaction of an actual human being, you're just coming here to gloat. Which is fine, I guess, but at least be honest about it.

ChaddyP

Weren’t Nani, Anderson and Hargreaves signed with 24/48 hours of each other. That’s pretty impressive if you can only negotiate one transfer at a time!

Utterly ridiculous derailment of this thread. Quite frankly any poster that believes clubs, and in particular Man Utd only negotiate one deal at a time need to get some help.
Schmiedfield was signed at the same time too. Literally they both had medicals side by side. We were thinking it was one it the other and it was both! what a day :drool: good old Woodward

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Does anyone know how he performed for Palace youth teams? Shows the english premium if AWB has one solid first season and is worth £50m.

Shows Ole is getting what he wants in the profile of transfer targets, a good sign that we've finally moved away from marquee signings. Signing players with potential and a good work ethic is a step in the right direction for us as a club.
This is the exact type of singings we should made. 50m is fair price for one of the best young players and best performers in the league, with high resell value and rooms of improvements too. We should focus on similar type of signings for the our grand rebuild.

Deery

Dreary
Good signing Wan Bissaka hope he’s as good for us as he is for Palace, can’t see why not.

acnumber9

You’re not considering the fact that Wan Bissaka can get up and down the pitch all day. Darmian can barely do ten minutes. That movement creates space for others to attack in.

Status
Not open for further replies.