Aaron Wan-Bissaka

Status
Not open for further replies.

izec

https://www.manutd.com/en/news/detail/aaron-wan-bissaka-signs-for-manchester-united

Manchester United is delighted to confirm the signing of Aaron Wan-Bissaka from Crystal Palace. Aaron has signed a five-year contract with an option to extend for a further year.

The 21-year-old defender came through the ranks of Crystal Palace’s academy. He made his professional debut in February 2018 and picked up both the fans’ player of the year award and also the players’ player of the year award in his first full season. Aaron represented England at this year’s UEFA European Under-21 Championship.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer said: “Aaron is one of the best upcoming defenders in the Premier League. He has the right work ethic, talent and mentality to play for Manchester United and he fits exactly the type of player that we are looking to bring into the squad to help us improve and push on further.

“Aaron is a young, hungry player and eager to learn and that’s important at his age. I am delighted he has signed with us and we look forward to continuing his tremendous development so far.”

Aaron Wan-Bissaka said: “It’s an unbelievable feeling and an honour to call myself a Manchester United player and something I know that only a small number of players have the privilege to say.

“I can’t wait to get going and integrated into the squad. I will have a short break now after the European Championships but I’m looking forward to starting training with the manager and my new team-mates on the pre-season tour.”

EXCLUSIVE WAN-BISSAKA VIDEO

Reading this on the app? If not, we recommend you download it now to watch our first interview with Aaron Wan-Bissaka in full from 13:00 BST.

IrishRedDevil

Great signing :devil:

We need to steal his chant:

“Your winger won’t like it, Wan-Bis-Sa-ka, Wan-Bis-Sa-ka".

To the tune of Rock the Casbah by The Clash

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Will be a very good signing IMO. Well done to all involved.

AshRK

Brilliant signing. Saw him for the first time when we beat palace 3-2 with that super strike from matic but this boy stood back then. Glad we could sign him. Now on to the next one.

ash_86

Really good signing in the position we desperately needed. Finally we have functioning left and right back.

Kostov

I wish Ole sorts out the numbering mess we have. Number 2 should be RB, not the CB. Nonetheless, welcome kid and I hope you stay here for years to come. Great talent and a good transfer imo.

Chairman Steve

it is his old Palace number, dont think it has anything to do with Zaha, unless you wanted to point out the funny coincidence.
Very much the latter. Looking forward to seeing him play and praying to the deities that he doesn’t pull a Benjamin Mendy, meaning we have to go with... Young... for the rest of the season... again *shudder*

Yagami

Good post resistant
The way our players have been performing? Sack MOS.
I'm backing him till t'end of t'season. We can't be changing creators of players performance threads willy nilly in crazy times like these. We need a bit of stability.

witchtrials

Great signing :devil:

We need to steal his chant:

“Your winger won’t like it, Wan-Bis-Sa-ka, Wan-Bis-Sa-ka".

To the tune of Rock the Casbah by The Clash

FFS, I already have enough trouble with this song sticking in my ear every time Windows give me the option to Lock the Taskbar.

TsuWave

No more Young at RB can only be a positive. Hell, I even have hope for the likes of Bailly now as they will be getting some help

el3mel

Scenes if by Jan we find Young replacing this lad in starting lineup again though. :D :D

wub1234

Supports
Don't support a team
I hope he does well. You never know with any transfer how it will turn out. I doubt many people thought that Sanchez would be a disastrous signing. There were people on here who questioned the wisdom of holding back the development of younger players by signing Sanchez (although they ended up in the team ahead of him), but no-one thought he would perform has meekly as he has.

Two years from now, we could all be looking back at this, and wondering why on earth United paid £50 million for him, and the more vocal United fans will be incredulous that Wan-Bissaka hasn't been dropped, sold, or cremated. Or it could look like a complete bargain. Or he could be somewhere mediocre between these two points. It's just impossible to say at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.