Aaron Wan-Bissaka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony247

Honestly, not excited.

But good luck and prove all naysayers like me wrong.

Robert

Wan-Bissaka is a red! Welcome lad!

I’m very optimistic he can build on what’s been a bright start to his career and fulfil all that brilliant potential. Will be supporting every step of his development here. :keano:

Raw

Welcome Aaron!

Wonder what all the delay was in announcing him? I expected videos and whatnot with how long it took to actually confirm it!

Jack - City Fan

Supports
Man City
Should be a really good signing for you guys, a solid buy in a position you need who should be guaranteed to improve you. Fullbacks are so important nowadays that it’s a great place to start a rebuild from.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Welcome, think he'll be a very good long term signing. Also side note - nice to see a normal announcement and not some cringey video or catch phrase or whatever.

eltigreFalcao

Welcome to Manchester AWB. Excited to see how this turns out to be

PS: Those who complain for "the numbering mess" and believe it is against gods nature to give n° 2 to a CB instead of a RB....grow up!!! Stop being that silly!!

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff

Wow, Young was really shite eh ?
This is not a criticism of AWB by the way, but his numbers are incredibly inflated because of the side he played in. United defenders don't need to defend as much — even when United plays as badly as we did last season. Those tackling/intercepting/dribbled past stats are amongst the most useless stats in football, as they mean next to nothing without the context.

Wan-Bissaka did pretty much as well as he could defensively considering the situation though.

IrishRedDevil

This is not a criticism of AWB by the way, but his numbers are incredibly inflated because of the side he played in. United defenders don't need to defend as much — even when United plays as badly as we did last season. Those tackling/intercepting/dribbled past stats are amongst the most useless stats in football, as they mean next to nothing without the context.
Lack of defending as a unit seen United concede a massive 54 goals last season.

Palace conceded 53 goals.

Maybe with some more tackles, interceptions and less dribbling past, we would have conceded less? (Not just blaming Young, by the way).

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Just old and definitely out of position, he’s a top professional. Hopefully no more personal attacks on him now we have AWB.
Agree. It isn’t really his fault he’s being asked to play there, is he meant to turn around and say no?

el3mel

Wan-Bissaka did pretty much as well as he could defensively considering the situation though.
We conceded the second most amount of goals among the top 10 last season after WHU (55 goals).

harms

Staff
Lack of defending as a unit seen United concede a massive 54 goals last season.

Palace conceded 53 goals.

Maybe with some more tackles, interceptions and less dribbling past, we would have conceded less? (Not just blaming Young, by the way).
Obviously with Bissaka in place of Young we would've most certainly conceded less, but the fact that Palace spent more time defending (which does inflate defender's stats if he is playing well) still remains. Wan-Bissaka was great, Young was shit, but that particular stat comparison is not the way to judge that in my opinion.

harms

Staff
We conceded the second most amount of goals among the top 10 last season after WHU (55 goals).
Conceded goals and the time spent defending are not the same thing.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Just got the notification on my app. Will listen to his interview.

Welcome young Aaron!

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
He sounds like he's got a good head on his shoulders.
Used to be winger!

diarm

I wish Ole sorts out the numbering mess we have. Number 2 should be RB, not the CB. Nonetheless, welcome kid and I hope you stay here for years to come. Great talent and a good transfer imo.
Of all the jobs Ole has on his to do list, I truly hope this is right at the bottom.

DoomSlayer

Finally it's official! Great signing and the lad sounds very level-headed. He would provide our team some much needed "will of fire"! :keano:

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
It seems the whole thing almost fell through at the last moment - have to admit I'm a bit surprised Woodward didn't feck it up right at the death

harms

Staff
It means we had a massive problem defensively which is what Young stats indicate.
We did have a massive problem defensively, but that's not what Young's stats indicate. Unless, of course, you think that City and Liverpool struggled defensively last season. And, again, Young did played very badly, I'm not arguing against that.

jackal&hyde

Delighted with this. Now let's get a central defender and our defense is sorted.

el3mel

We did have a massive problem defensively, but that's not what Young's stats indicate. Unless, of course, you think that City and Liverpool struggled defensively last season. And, again, Young did played very badly, I'm not arguing against that.

I'm not saying you don't have a point that AWB was playing in a more defensive team, but that Young stats are terrible and not just due to United not needing to defend much, it's because he himself is terrible defensively.

harms

Staff
Delighted with this. Now let's get a central defender and our defense is sorted.
I wouldn't get your hopes up, or Manchester United are going to unpleasantly surprise you with their next center back signing.

Status
Not open for further replies.