Aaron Wan-Bissaka

Status
Not open for further replies.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Please give him no.2 and Lindelof no.5.
He's got the no.29 shirt.

2+9=11. Two ones, Bissaka means double. Wan Bissaka means "double 1".

He asked for the 11 shirt but Martial would not give it up, there was nearly a dust-up between Ole and Martial's agent about it.

Is this stupid enough to not need white text? I don't know.

siw2007

Welcome to the club Aaron!! Very happy with this signing, he was a player I wanted us to look at last season. He’s one of the best young defenders in the country and will be a big upgrade to our right back position.

manunited1919

Welcome Aaron. I will go out to an Indian restaurant tonight to celebrate your signing. Ordering some Chicken Tikka Bissaka!

marktan

Hoping for the best but expecting the worse..

Forever young.

tonnas

really happy with this signing, add to the fact that he seems to have the perfect attitude as well :)

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
This is not a criticism of AWB by the way, but his numbers are incredibly inflated because of the side he played in. United defenders don't need to defend as much — even when United plays as badly as we did last season. Those tackling/intercepting/dribbled past stats are amongst the most useless stats in football, as they mean next to nothing without the context.

Wan-Bissaka did pretty much as well as he could defensively considering the situation though.
I agree it's inflated with the team he plays for, but his tackle success rate is something that's just unbelievable, especially for a FB who faces lot of tricky wingers.

For FBs (RB and LB)
Damian Suarez - Getafe won 96 out of 163 tackles attempted.
Ricardo Pereira - Leicester won 92 out of 136 tackles attempted
Azpi - Chelsea won 105 out of 132 tackles attempted
Robertson - Liverpool - 80/111 tackles
Gaya - Valencia - 83/117
Nacho - Real Valladolid - 107/139

Compare that to Wan Bissaka - 129/139. Just unbelievably good.

LLMU

Glad to see this deal goes through. Hope he will hit the ground running for us. Now move on to the next target.

RedCurry

I am just pissed off that we announced yet another signing when NYSE is closed.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
De Gea in Goal, Wan Bissaka in defense. Shaw at left back. We might set a record for the least goal conceded this season if we add a good center back. The defense looks solid. Mourinho must be annoyed that he isn’t in charge right now.

thomas porter

A really great and exciting signing! He is arguable the best defensive right back in the league, and it will be up to AWB and the coaching staff to work tirelessly to improve the offensive side of his game. As a former winger I'm confident he'll be able to improve on this aspect of his game.

Well done to all of the United staff on identifying the player, how he fits our system, and getting the deal done. A rare moment of competency from Ed Woodward.

AJ10

I agree it's inflated with the team he plays for, but his tackle success rate is something that's just unbelievable, especially for a FB who faces lot of tricky wingers.

For FBs (RB and LB)
Damian Suarez - Getafe won 96 out of 163 tackles attempted.
Ricardo Pereira - Leicester won 92 out of 136 tackles attempted
Azpi - Chelsea won 105 out of 132 tackles attempted
Robertson - Liverpool - 80/111 tackles
Gaya - Valencia - 83/117
Nacho - Real Valladolid - 107/139

Compare that to Wan Bissaka - 129/139. Just unbelievably good.
:eek:

AJ10

Welcome Wan.

Please be a successful "he could be our (position) for the next 10 years", so far previous players all failed.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
FFS, I already have enough trouble with this song sticking in my ear every time Windows give me the option to Lock the Taskbar.
You could switch it to Radio Gaga instead

Careful winger Wa-an Bissaka
Wa-an Bissaka
Wa-an Bissaaaka
Careful winger Wa-an Bissaka
Wa-an Bissaaaka
Jua-aan got two?
Jua-aan, someone still loves you

Hughie77

A player badly needed, in that position for years? Let's see how he goes, he will make mistakes, but let's not get on his back, 21 good age. Should be at club at least 8 -9 years or more? Time will tell. Good luck to him

arthurka

De Gea in Goal, Wan Bissaka in defense. Shaw at left back. We might set a record for the least goal conceded this season if we add a good center back. The defense looks solid. Mourinho must be annoyed that he isn’t in charge right now.
We also lack a decent CDM to be close to that.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
We also lack a decent CDM to be close to that.
Fred and Mctominay did an excellent job as midfield destroyer last season. Garner coming through as well. If anything we need more of a deep lying playmaker with good ball retention ability to complement the midfield destroyer we currently have. Bruno to replace Pogba if Pogba leaves and Tielemans or Neves as the deep lying playmaker in a mid three will make us solid.

Irwin99

Pleased by the signing, If he and Shaw can improve their attacking play and stay injury free we could have our full back positions filled for the next ten years by two very promising players.

People thinking that we've seen the last of Young are being a tad optimistic. I still see him playing a lot of games next year, all it takes is an injury or suspension and he's the back up for right back and left back :nervous:

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
RB check
RW check (if James can contribute a fair amount)
AM still looking
CB really need something
DM desparate for good young dm

2 for 5. I look forward to seeing Bissaka and James on the right side. That would scare many defenses.

Trophy Room

I love De Gea but he’s past his best, would’ve tried a swap deal with Oblak.

nameischarles

Welcome to the club AWB! Can’t wait to see him play. We finally have a legit RB!

Status
Not open for further replies.