ABBA

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Forget penalties. Get out a big rope and have a tug of war over the half way line.

Charles Miller

It should be rounds of 1x1. If i score and you miss, game over.
And i think pressure is a normal part of the situation.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
ABBA didn't work because if you missed the first penalty, the other team goes 2-0 up and it's pretty much done.
I don’t understand this. How is it any different from team A scoring first, team B missing their first and then team A making it 2-0?

If anything it’s far more ‘done’ in my scenario because team B never has the chance to get up to level terms. While in your scenario even if team A miss their first one they’ll still have the chance to score their next two and make it 2-2.

stevoc

Agree with pens at both ends. But then the ref would have to constantly run up and down the pitch.

ABBA didn't work because if you missed the first penalty, the other team goes 2-0 up and it's pretty much done.

After the Europa League final, and when it got to 4-4 tonight and the quality of the penalties. I was thinking professionals now at the top level are so good it's a bit of a bore watching them put it into the corner kick after kick. Maybe it's time for something new.

1 Player off every 5 minutes from each side and golden goal. Open up the space on the pitch.
The 4th official is also a referee, he could be one end with the referee at the other end of the pitch.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Both teams pick 2 players who have to keep volleying the ball to each other. First duo to drop te ball loses.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Both teams pick 2 players who have to keep volleying the ball to each other. First duo to drop te ball loses.
England's approach for the first 40 years of this new rule:

stu_1992

I quite like the ABBA format as it does even things up a bit and even still The Winner Takes It All.

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
From one of the articles the Thue-Morse sequence seems the fairest.

It isn't intuitive but would be interesting to see - it avoids the problem of the first team missing then making it really ahead for them to catch up. For sudden death ABBA would easily work.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
It should be 30 mins of extra time then golden goal where every minute a team has to take off a player.

MUFC OK

Team going first wins over 60% of the time. As soon as it gets to sudden death the pressure on the team going 2nd is huge.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
It should be 30 mins of extra time then golden goal where every minute a team has to take off a player.
Do you get to choose which player goes off, or is it like the Royal Rumble when the players image flashes on the big screen and they’re randomly hooked

stevoc

I quite like the ABBA format as it does even things up a bit and even still The Winner Takes It All.
Indeed and winning is The Name of the Game.

You'd have to have a Hole in Your Soul to not like the ABBA format. Gimme, Gimme, Gimme it any day of the week over the traditional ABAB format Tiger.

When All is Said and Done, it's a much better format because Mamma Mia as we seen in the Europa League final the ABAB format can go On and On and On forever.

Noot

Supports
Manchester City
This is not the ABBA thread I expected, but I'll take it.

I'm really fine with either format personally. Better than just throwing five balls onto the pitch and saying next goal wins.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Do you get to choose which player goes off, or is it like the Royal Rumble when the players image flashes on the big screen and they’re randomly hooked
Interesting. Let’s say the latter.

Nicolarra90

Indeed and winning is The Name of the Game.

You'd have to have a Hole in Your Soul to not like the ABBA format. Gimme, Gimme, Gimme it any day of the week over the traditional ABAB format Tiger.

When All is Said and Done, it's a much better format because Mamma Mia as we seen in the Europa League final the ABAB format can go On and On and On forever.
Well, there was something in the air that night, our keeper wasn't bright... David :(

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Both penalities at the same time at opposite ends of the stadium