Abdoulaye Doucoure

IrishRedDevil

Very good player. If he is looking for a move, we should definitely be involved. I’d be happy to see the Longstaff fund spent on him. He would slot straight in here in a two man midfield and add energy to the team.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
He’s really not what we need. We need more guile in midfield, not another box to boxer.

Redcy

He might be the right type of character. Whatever that means. Seems to be the appropriate thing to say.
Wants to play for us, get him, I don't care how much talent he has. By the way does he have any South American ancestors, because if so its a no.

bucky

He'd walk into our midfield. Also would free up Pogba.

McT - Doucoure
James - Pogba - Martial
Rash​
That says more about our midfield than anything else. Schneiderlin at Southampton was a much better player than Doucoure. He was worth going after. There's nothing Doucoure is particularly good at that makes this worth it other than our midfield options being shite.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I hope it's him and Allan and not one or the other. I'd prefer Allan if so.

Falcow

Always though he was a decent player but haven't watched him enough to know if he is united standard? The consensus on here seems to be a no however?

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I hope it's him and Allan and not one or the other. I'd prefer Allan if so.
I think it would be, Doucoure is more box to box, where as I feel as though although Allan has high energy, his strengths are more defensive.

Lee565

The fact that everton are after him tells ya that it's best to stay away from this guy with Everton's track record of signing dodgy midfielders of late.

Devil81

He's a good Premier League player and by far the best player at Watford, the goal he scored at Old Trafford where he worked his way into our penalty area with sharp one-touch football was class.

Everton will be getting a good solid midfielder, who is about the correct level for where they are at currently.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I think it would be, Doucoure is more box to box, where as I feel as though although Allan has high energy, his strengths are more defensive.
No arguments there but I meant more on the money side of things. They might both cost around 30m which is a chunk out of the budget in post-covid times.

sp_107

Zakaria / Saul / Carmavinga looks like better options

Wondering why we went cold on Zaharia ?

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
Im a Watford ST holder, so have watched most if not all their games this season. I don't recall seeing Doucoure play in any of them. Im assumed it was his twin brother because he has been nothing short of woeful and completey inept in every game this season. Complete chalk and cheese to seasons prior to this. He decided a long time ago he wanted to leave and his performances have echoed that. At times he looked like he was trying, but his head dropped easily and he honestly showed no technical ability last season.

Keeping Sarr, Capoue and Deulofeo would be a good window for Watford.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
No arguments there but I meant more on the money side of things. They might both cost around 30m which is a chunk out of the budget in post-covid times.
My brother in law is convinced you're moving on Davies and others which may free up some cash. Thought you lads were flush with your owners!

pascell

Zakaria / Saul / Carmavinga looks like better options

Wondering why we went cold on Zaharia ?
If I remember right, there was an article saying he's got an injury that requires surgery or something. I thought we'd have been in for a DM this summer.

Im a Watford ST holder, so have watched most if not all their games this season. I don't recall seeing Doucoure play in any of them. Im assumed it was his twin brother because he has been nothing short of woeful and completey inept in every game this season. Complete chalk and cheese to seasons prior to this. He decided a long time ago he wanted to leave and his performances have echoed that. At times he looked like he was trying, but his head dropped easily and he honestly showed no technical ability last season.

Wasn't Doucoure linked with PSG last summer and was flirting with the idea? Maybe because that never materialised it's knocked his confidence.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

I think in general his season before this was a little overhyped and was a tiny bit of a purple patch thing. I think Everton - or at least where Everton want to be - is the ideal level.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
My brother in law is convinced you're moving on Davies and others which may free up some cash. Thought you lads were flush with your owners!
Yeah there is a rumour that Newcastle were interested in Davies but I'd rather keep him than someone like Gylfi for example. He's younger and will be happy to stay on a lower contract and tbh he isn't any worse than him either right now. They've both been poor.

The problem is that under Walsh (DOF) - Koeman/Allardyce we spent a lot of money on average players and put them on high wages to boot so even if we do have a bit of money we are still trying to shift some of them / taking the hit still from those purchases. I'm not saying all Brands deals have been perfect (Gave Bernard too big of a contract / Iwobi deal looks like a poor buy) but he's having to try and navigate the market a bit differently due to those deals. That's why all the deals we are apparently rumoured in are taking ages as we are trying to wiggle in our favour as much as possible.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff

Totally echo that, seen him a few times this season and every time he’s been laboured, clumsy. Overhyped last season imho. He’s certainly no better than what United have thats for sure

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Yeah there is a rumour that Newcastle were interested in Davies but I'd rather keep him than someone like Gylfi for example. He's younger and will be happy to stay on a lower contract and tbh he isn't any worse than him either right now. They've both been poor.

The problem is that under Walsh (DOF) - Koeman/Allardyce we spent a lot of money on average players and put them on high wages to boot so even if we do have a bit of money we are still trying to shift some of them / taking the hit still from those purchases. I'm not saying all Brands deals have been perfect (Gave Bernard too big of a contract / Iwobi deal looks like a poor buy) but he's having to try and navigate the market a bit differently due to those deals. That's why all the deals we are apparently rumoured in are taking ages as we are trying to wiggle in our favour as much as possible.
Yeah, he was saying that everton has failed if they sell him. he's far more sellable that gylfi though.

You're kind of in the same position we were in with LVG and Mourinho signings, trying to reverse some of the poor decisions that have come previously. I think Brands over the long term will do well though, % wise he seems to be more hit than miss, personally.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
€25m is an absolute steal.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Not sure what the point of him is with them signing Allan. Will likely be just a bench player for then I'd guess.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Ancelotti would go back to his diamond. Allan, Gomes, Doucoure and James is a nasty midfield.

Bojan11

Everton are doing some good business.
Are they? Two 29 year olds that ain’t guaranteed to work. If they don’t there’s no resale value. Ancelotti could be gone by next year and they stuck with ageing team again. I thought they would try to sign some young players.

AneRu

Ancelotti would go back to his diamond. Allan, Gomes, Doucoure and James is a nasty midfield.
If James clicks he could turn out to be a great pick up for Everton at the tip of the diamond, wonder if they would have enough goals in them though.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
If James clicks he could turn out to be a great pick up for Everton at the tip of the diamond, wonder if they would have enough goals in them though.
By what I’ve heard he has a good off pitch relationship with Richarlison. If they click together it could be useful.

With these signings it won’t be a forgone conclusion playing the likes of Everton. The PL has become very competitive again

AneRu

By what I’ve heard he has a good off pitch relationship with Richarlison. If they click together it could be useful.

With these signings it won’t be a forgone conclusion playing the likes of Everton. The PL has become very competitive again
Yep and with Ancelotti they would be disappointed if they don't make a huge push for a top six finish. The margin for error for someone like us has just got a bit finer, make a mess of this window and it could easily turn sour like 2013/14 or Jose's last season here.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Yep and with Ancelotti they would be disappointed if they don't make a huge push for a top six finish. The margin for error for someone like us has just got a bit finer, make a mess of this window and it could easily turn sour like 2013/14 or Jose's last season here.
I agree. The club needs to get its finger out just a little more and make our window a good one.

GoldanoGraham

That is good value if they can get him for £25m - forget those lightweight South American’s - this will be the best signing that Everton make - I really like him