Abu Dhabi boss plans Ronaldo swoop

REd FUn DevIl

FFS that arab just took over City on the last day of the transfer window and got Robinho, Imagine an entire f'cking transfer window of 3 months.

That man is a truly muppet but at least he have the money to be the best one.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
If I was an oil tycoon I would buy Liverpool and then run them into the ground.

How do you find out if you have oil below you house?
You have to scratch the ground and listen.

rednev

There is non worthy of worship except God
According to Sky Sports News, as well as Ronaldo he's named Fabregas and Torres as transfer targets in january...

dev1l

Will this mean that we will have to re-open the Ronaldo thread? :lol:

Richter

Hairy big footed Swede
Another Caf favourite just had to mention Ronaldo today...

And the Madrid chief revealed the club could make another attempt to prise Cristiano Ronaldo away from Manchester United in the next transfer window after failing with a world-record £57m offer earlier this summer.

Calderon said: “We will bring him in when Manchester want to sell him.

"The player wanted to come but then when he saw that his club wouldn't let him go, he reconsidered his position and announced that he was very happy at United.

"You have to accept that, it's the law of the market. Our last offer was 70million euros.”

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article1638261.ece

Rudie

Mentary
Villa, Brazilian Ronaldo, our Ronaldo, Torres, Fábregas, Kaka, Henry, all going to City in January, what a spaz.

Xander45

Know-It-All Champion May 2009
FFS that arab just took over City on the last day of the transfer window and got Robinho, Imagine an entire f'cking transfer window of 3 months.

That man is a truly muppet but at least he have the money to be the best one.
I still think Robinho doesn't know where he's gone. He heard Manchester were interested at the last minute and jumped at it. I'm gonna wait until i hear something from him to make anymore judgement though.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Another Caf favourite just had to mention Ronaldo today...

And the Madrid chief revealed the club could make another attempt to prise Cristiano Ronaldo away from Manchester United in the next transfer window after failing with a world-record £57m offer earlier this summer.

Calderon said: “We will bring him in when Manchester want to sell him.

"The player wanted to come but then when he saw that his club wouldn't let him go, he reconsidered his position and announced that he was very happy at United.

"You have to accept that, it's the law of the market. Our last offer was 70million euros.”

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article1638261.ece
the cnut better offer more than $240m :lol:

Number7

Ret's Slave
Has anyone mentioned that Robinho probably heard 'Manchesters put in a bid for you' and thought it was us?

The same way if someone said 'Madrid have put in a bid for Ronaldo', we'd assume Real, not Athletico... would be funny as feck.

Number7

Ret's Slave
This is the best part

"Ronaldo has said he wants to play for the biggest club in the world, so we will see in January if he is serious," Al-Fahim said in The Guardian.
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

girish

I too love women...for their shoes.
Let's show him who are the best biggest in the world when we play City.

dev1l

"Ronaldo has said he wants to play for the biggest club in the world, so we will see in January if he is serious," Al-Fahim said in The Guardian.

He ll realises his mistake ...as soon as he asks someone to open the trophy cabinet....

Tareq

Livvie's Favourite Jordanian.
Everyone posted :damn arabs ...ect is a racist.

back to main topic, City will never atract every playerthey want, look @ Berbatov, they offered him more money but he wanted to come t United.

RedPhil1957

This scares me. Its incredible how educated people can have more money than sense.

Don't be mistaken these guys are no mugs,
have money to burn and love sport. If they want to turn City into a team that wins trophys's they have the cash to do it and do it quickly.

Kinky Melinky

I would laugh but it isnt funny. We thought Chelsea were bad, these guys are even worse. They wont hesitate to spend absurd amounts of money like its nothing. Even Chelsea should fear their spending power. The only thing stopping them right now is that Man City is not an attractive proposition to top players. But in the next few years that could change aka Chelsea.
I think Chelsea always had the lure in terms of social lifestyle in the area. All you have to do is walk around Sloane Square and look at the shops, pubs and clubs to see that it's a real rich, upperclass spot. Chelsea always had the ability to make their club an attractive proposition to money hungry players.

Now don't get me wrong, I don't know the Manchester area all that well, but I've driven through Moss side

Nuff said

RedPhil1957

Agreed , and if they start chucking those numbers around clubs will sell and players will want to go. City have just made the big time.

I don't think many realise just how successful and wealthy Abu dhabi has become. With a tiny population of around 1 million they have the second largest GDP in the world. Whats really remarkable is oil and gas only make up about 40% of it thanks to very clever investment.

SAred

Lee Martin Scores , Sir Alex legacy begins
I don't think many realise just how successful and wealthy Abu dhabi has become. With a tiny population of around 1 million they have the second largest GDP in the world. Whats really remarkable is oil and gas only make up about 40% of it thanks to very clever investment.
Now that is incredible.So for these guys to buy a football club is really small change. A bit more competition just makes it that much more rewarding when we win the league again.:keano:

RedPhil1957

Now that is incredible.So for these guys to buy a football club is really small change. A bit more competition just makes it that much more rewarding when we win the league again.:keano:

too right we caught up and overtook Chelsea (many said that was impossible to do ) and we can keep City at Bay --------- at least as long as Fergie is around.

Kinky Melinky

Although I mentioned above that City wouldn't be able to attract the top players I must say......I think that's just me speaking from my heart.

The reality of the situation is that 6 - 7 seasons ago Chelsea were a team that nobody really feared. Yeah fair enough they had their good and bad times, but were never consistent enough to launch any sort of serious attack on the Premiership. We all talked romatically about money not being able to buy you silverware when the Chelsea takeover happened, and we all believed it; or wanted to believe it. But with the sheer mass of fortune Chelsea were able to lure the best of the best. Slowly they became a formidable force and are now considered to be in the top 4 as it has now become known. Some on here even believe Chelsea will win the league this year. They certainly weren't considered a top 4 team 7 years ago.

If this is the case, and the Arabs are going to spend as much money as they have promised, there is absolutely no reason why Manchester City won't barge their way through the top 4 and into pole position.

This doesn't mean that United, Liverpool and Arsenal won't attract good players. Someone above used Berbatov as an example of how players won't be lured, but that hardly holds water. For every Berbatov there are 4 other outstanding players who will look right through the morality of it all and see the green of money. On top of this, they will also see other players being attracted to the club. You have then something quite similar to a snowball effect.

I hate to say it, but history tells us that money can indeed buy you silverware because footballers are people, and people will be people at the end of the day; and greed will always prevail

Bury Red

Backs Fergie, Yells Giggs!
Look on the bright side, their ridiculous pricing of Ronaldo should keep Real at bay and I really can't see Cris wanting to move over to the council house at the moment. Watch them buy Beckham instead and really feck off all Citeh's fans along with a fair proportion of our own numpties who would see it as a betrayal.

Slevin

Missed this in here somehow, posted in football forum.

anyway, game over. What sport are we gonna follow now?

Twisted_Woody

Scout
God damn those Arabs
:lol::lol:

Missed this in here somehow, posted in football forum.

anyway, game over. What sport are we gonna follow now?
FCUoM

feck, I can't believe we have more in common with Liverpool these days - piss poor owners.

I'm hoping the arabs get bored and feck off. I'm sure if they invest enough and don't see a significant return they'll get pissed off and stop throwing money into it. I mean, no astute investor will allow a black hole of finance to exist in the books.

RK

These are the kind of people that are used to getting what they want.

Whatever they desire, they have the money to acquire it as soon as possible.

Football's a bit different though ;)

Slevin

:lol::lol:

FCUoM

feck, I can't believe we have more in common with Liverpool these days - piss poor owners.

I'm hoping the arabs get bored and feck off. I'm sure if they invest enough and don't see a significant return they'll get pissed off and stop throwing money into it. I mean, no astute investor will allow a black hole of finance to exist in the books.
They aint investing... they're just showing how big their penises are. They have like £200billion. Will take them a while to get bored

The Law of Denis

They aint investing... they're just showing how big their penises are. They have like £200billion. Will take them a while to get bored
According to the bbc, they have one trillion . And I wish they were wrong, but city could probably buy the whole of La Liga and Premier league and still have money to bring Kaka in.