ABU Pundits

poleglass red

the over reaction to Sabitzer's tackle by some pundits shows how much they hate Utd. He didn't injure anyone, you know who did injure some, Carroll against us and Fabinho v brighton, the outcry then wasn't as loud.

Canuckred64

I see where Chris Sutton just picked Newcastle to win the Carabao Cup Final. Does he ever pick United to win?

Hughie77

Paul Merson is just a troll at this point. I think he knows if he says outlandish stuff he gets more work and is very happy to do it.

Jermaine Jenas is also awful. I can't bare listening to him. I think part of me knows what a c**p footballer he was, so when he tries to give his "expert" opinion or criticises what much better player do on the pitch I just think, please be quiet.
Listen to Jenas comms on the City game, you can hear him sigh when Rashford scored the winner, it was a ughhhhhh . Not when Grealish scored. He's in top 5 of ABUs on TV.

Hughie77

On the Radio D. Bent is a typical ex pro who follows a side he never played for. It's the same as M Quinn who played for other clubs and champions the scousers.
This is why Motty , Barry Davies, C. Tyldesley are respected commentators.

GlasgowCeltic

On the Radio D. Bent is a typical ex pro who follows a side he never played for. It's the same as M Quinn who played for other clubs and champions the scousers.
This is why Motty , Barry Davies, C. Tyldesley are respected commentators.
what’s wrong with that, he supports Arsenal iirc but was never good enough for them, it happens

68cob

No. They talk to him now and again, but think he is more into his horse training now.
Ah yes, his horses. He used to drive me bonkers, but I think I enjoyed getting angry at him, rather than someone in real life.

HarryP

Feels like most pundits are ABUs these days because a lot of them played at the height of our success.

Things were more balanced back in the era of Andy Gray.

Last edited:

90 + 5min

Feels like most pundits are ABUs these days because a lot of them played at the height of our success.

Things were more balanced back in the era of Andy Gray.
They see this as some way to get back at us. Jealousy. Nothing else. There are lot and lot of them.

Josep Dowling

Matterface commentary today:

‘Had luck to draw at home every round this season’. Do United make the draw? Who have City played this season.

justboy68

Even though there's nothing even remotely controversial about the decisions you can already see the seeds being planted. The ref even looked worried at the end of the game even though he did everything right, he knows he's going to come under fire for 'giving 3 reds to Fulham and handing United the win.'

Dixon with his 'referee man of the match' comments. Bloody tiresome.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
Beyond a joke how much commentators are so ABU now.
Lee Dixon is asked who the MOTM is.
His answer?

’The referee?!’
That's not ABU as much of a bellend Lee Dixon is. We just didn't have anyone that played that well

Matterface commentary today:

‘Had luck to draw at home every round this season’. Do United make the draw? Who have City played this season.
Nothing wrong with this. He followed if up by saying you make your own luck and we're developing a winning habit. Starting to think Matterface is actually a united fan. Heard him previewing the United v barca game and he sounded in love with us

Dan_F

They said something about Sancho’s shot not even being on target :lol: Was probably going at least a foot inside the post.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
What is this post-game interview :lol:

Sabitzer has no idea why these questions are being put on him...

justboy68

The studio pundits at least redeeming the comms and the interviewer a bit. Probably scared of Keano strangling them.

Hughie77

Itv is useless, Matterface is a tool as is the gooner Dixon. I really don't give a shit how we won this Game. Hope D. Murphy is crying with Mitrovic and Desilva.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Matterface is a known twunt, but putting our win down to “good fortune” rather than an insane display of self sabotage got my back up. As well as commiserating every Fulham fan in the crowd as if this was the worst injustice football has ever seen. It was an obvious penalty and red, but that hasn’t been mentioned since.

Josep Dowling

That's not ABU as much of a bellend Lee Dixon is. We just didn't have anyone that played that well

Nothing wrong with this. He followed if up by saying you make your own luck and we're developing a winning habit. Starting to think Matterface is actually a united fan. Heard him previewing the United v barca game and he sounded in love with us
Do they say things like that for any other club? City’s run in the FA and League Cup in recent seasons have been far easier than our draws.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
They said something about Sancho’s shot not even being on target :lol: Was probably going at least a foot inside the post.
Yeah that was ridiculous.

But it's football, idiotic comments and tribalism are wild.
Have seen people suggest a red and a pen is too harsh - oh let's just change the long term rule because it went for United today!

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
Do they say things like that for any other club? City’s run in the FA and League Cup in recent seasons have been far easier than our draws.
It's a reasonably critique to remark that we haven't been at our best in the last couple of rounds and are getting a bit of luck from every round being at home. Keane said exactly the same thing after the game.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Because the linesman grabbed Bruno first, twice, most likely, which he shouldn't be doing.

Also, I like the selective language, where one is a push and the other is just a bump. Mitrovic's was a clear push followed by squaring up with the referee repeatedly. Making it sound like a lesser offence is absolutely dumb.

JonnyIreland

Can he save that sh!te for Talksport, who are probably leading with that as we speak.

Along with Cundy trying to suggest Kane & Odegaard are better than Haaland and KDB.
I immediately blocked him on Twitter when I saw that post.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I immediately blocked him on Twitter when I saw that post.
Got to love some whataboutery.

"Bumping" the ref, as if it was an accidental gentle brush.
Nothing about the really aggressive screaming and shoving his head towards the ref straight after.

RuudTom83

In a society where clicks are more important than integrity, you are never going to get an honest reaction.

The decisions to send off 2 players and the manager were very clear and obvious today.

If you can’t see the difference between the altercation Bruno had last week with the linesman and the one Mitrovic had today with the referee, then you shouldn’t be making an opinion.