ABU Pundits

Edwards6

Be interesting to see how all the ABU idiots turn clear red card incidents into controversial decisions that we got and how lucky we were

OldSchoolManc

If he thinks the ref was motm surely that means he thinks the ref did a good job?
If you think that then you don’t know Lee Dixon!
Have you ever heard it suggested that the referee was MOTM for the most obvious decisions in history?

Djemba-Djemba

We're so blatantly corrupt we conspired to stop Bruno being sent off at 5-0 down at Anfield. And what a huge boost that gave us for the rest of the game.

What cheating evil geniuses we are.

cyberman

That's not ABU as much of a bellend Lee Dixon is. We just didn't have anyone that played that well

Nothing wrong with this. He followed if up by saying you make your own luck and we're developing a winning habit. Starting to think Matterface is actually a united fan. Heard him previewing the United v barca game and he sounded in love with us
He’s a Chelsea fan

Josep Dowling

Just getting fed up with the constant idea of controversial decisions towards United. It clearly sways decision making in the next couple of games. We should have had a clear penalty today. Their manager over reacts, and then a player on the pitch. At what point is any of this United’s fault or gaining an advantage?

Dan_F

Yeah that was ridiculous.

But it's football, idiotic comments and tribalism are wild.
Have seen people suggest a red and a pen is too harsh - oh let's just change the long term rule because it went for United today!
Punishment always needs to be to harsh for those incidents to put people off committing it. If you only punish a handball on the line with a pen then everyone would do it.

Shot was 100% a goal without that action, so just pen would be massively in favour of the defending team.

cyberman

Keane at it too.
webe had out luck in cup competitions. What luck? West Ham’s goal that was a throw in to us or Fulham denying us an equaliser with their hand today Roy?

vodrake

TalkSport were fuming we got though there.
I was listening to their commentary as I was on the move, and Micky Gray was so clearly gutted after the penalty and red cards. Had been slagging us off all match and absolutely rimming Willian so was a relief to hear him utterly silenced :lol:

cyberman

I was listening to their commentary as I was on the move, and Micky Gray was so clearly gutted after the penalty and red cards. Had been slagging us off all match and absolutely rimming Willian so was a relief to hear him utterly silenced :lol:
It’s not a pen, it hit Williams hand that was in front of its body so his body would have deflected it anyway..
He gave up after it was clear but I just saw the highlights and I have no idea what he saw. Is it luck to get an equaliser when Sancho was 100 percent scoring v 11 men there Mickey

Josh 76

Micky Gray is a UTD fan.

twitter thread suggester
I was on a stream where the co-commentator 10 minutes into the match belittled people calling Martinez world class. Said he was slow. Anyone know who that was?

Mmm-Qatarian

Pundits are mostly shite all round. I will say, though, that they do seem to make a huge fuss out of refereeing that goes in our favour even when it's blatantly correct.

Mmm-Qatarian

Keane at it too.
webe had out luck in cup competitions. What luck? West Ham’s goal that was a throw in to us or Fulham denying us an equaliser with their hand today Roy?
I will say, I don't necessarily disagree with Keane that we got lucky today. Not from the refereeing; the calls were the correct one and I'd actually say Chris Kavanagh handled a difficult situation very professionally. But we did get lucky that Mitrovic and Silva were so boneheaded; up until that Fulham were well on top of the match and we were playing awfully.

I guess it's probably because the cup is usually when we've rested players but we have probably rode our luck a bit in terms of making it through the ties against Everton, West Ham and Fulham; we didn't play particularly well in any of them.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Keane at it too.
He was ok.
He'll be the first to admit we had a few bits of luck in the 99 cups.

The way we've got through the last couple of rounds makes you wonder if our name is on this cup.

RuudTom83

The angle that United were "lucky" that Fulham completely imploded is a strange take...I never heard anyone saying Southampton were "lucky" when Casemiro was sent off.

The story today was 100% Fulham losing the plot after a blatant penalty was awarded correctly by the referee.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Your point about who have City played and you pointed out Chelsea like they are some hard draw which they are not. Arsenal are the only decent team they have played.
I never said they were a tough game. They were certainly a tougher draw on paper being a big 6 side.

If Arsenal are the only decent side it says nothing for you falling over the line vs Fulham on the back of Reading and 2 relegation battlers?

Will Brighton be the first decent side you've faced? Trying to figure out what constitutes a decent side here.

Remember the geese

Xg was like 1.7 to 1 and they had 11 shots to your 10. I'd say that's holding their own for a championship side at Old Trafford.
I don't take a team's Xg very seriously when they supposedly should have had a guaranteed goal from just one attempt on target. We had 6 on target to their 1. 2 goals for us, 0 for them. I do rate Kompany as a manager, for what it's worth. You just get found out a bit at times when you come up against a team who have superior players. Especially if you're unwilling to compromise on your principles.

Last edited:

TheGame

I never said they were a tough game. They were certainly a tougher draw on paper being a big 6 side.

If Arsenal are the only decent side it says nothing for you falling over the line vs Fulham on the back of Reading and 2 relegation battlers?

Will Brighton be the first decent side you've faced? Trying to figure out what constitutes a decent side here.
No they weren’t. They were no where near a top 6 team this season as seen by their results. We’ve been playing 2 games a week for a while and results is all that matters. Eventually squad weaknesses catch up with you. All premier league teams are tough draws. Fulham is probably the best on paper we’ve played to date.

padr81

Supports
Man City
I don't take a team's Xg very seriously when they supposedly should have had a guaranteed goal from just one attempt on target. We had 6 on target to their 1. 2 goals for us, 0 for them.
Even given you don't believe in statistics you don't think a championship team having more shots than United at Old Trafford is holding their own? What exactly do you expect of them?

Do you know what holding their own means?

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
Isn't this "everyone's against us" the kind of stuff you united fans regularly make fun of liverpool fans for?

Moriarty

Be interesting to see how all the ABU idiots turn clear red card incidents into controversial decisions that we got and how lucky we were
Check the BTL comments in the Guardian. You'd think a so-called highbrow paper like that would contain thoughtful and stimulating comments. Not so. Every loon, ABU, and moron in creation goes on there to have a go at United.

Remember the geese

Even given you don't believe in statistics you don't think a championship team having more shots than United at Old Trafford is holding their own? What exactly do you expect of them?

They gave it a go, much like they did in the first half yesterday. It was fairly comfortable though in the end.

OldSchoolManc

Fulham are top half premiership?

padr81

Supports
Man City
No they weren’t. They were no where near a top 6 team this season as seen by their results. We’ve been playing 2 games a week for a while and results is all that matters. Eventually squad weaknesses catch up with you. All premier league teams are tough draws. Fulham is probably the best on paper we’ve played to date.

Theres a mammoth 1 whole point between Fulham that's the best team United have played on paper and a Chelsea team who aren't even considered a decent side according to this thread?
Fulham have zero chance of finishing above Chelsea.

Do people really think Fulham are better than CL quarter finalists? Really?

How can all pl teams be a tough draw when in this very thread it said arsenal are the only decent team city played?

As for 2 games a week that just means your back in the big boys club.

TheGame

Theres a mammoth 1 whole point between Fulham that's the best team United have played on paper and a Chelsea team who aren't even considered a decent side according to this thread?
Fulham have zero chance of finishing above Chelsea.

Do people really think Fulham are better than CL quarter finalists? Really?

How can all pl teams be a tough draw when in this very thread it said arsenal are the only decent team city played?

As for 2 games a week that just means your back in the big boys club.
Chelsea have been dogshit this season yet when answering a question you mentioned their name like they were some big club. Are you seriously considering them a decent side this season?

May be back in the big boys club but the squad depth is seriously lacking for it. Eventually tiredness catches up and simple matches on paper are never simple in reality.