Abu Referee Agenda

mctrials23

There's no such thing. To suggest such is basically implying that professional referees are corrupt.
Its not corruption, its simple human psychology. Humans are very easily influenced and manipulated. The fact is that United are the biggest club in the country by miles when it comes to media interest. Even when we have been shit for over a decade we are still the club most talked about. When decisions happen that involve United they are big news. They change the narrative and they force change from the refs.

That isn't necessarily bias but you cannot say that after Klopp complained about the number of penalties we were getting there wasn't a complete about turn on it. I think the refs were told that they needed a higher bar to give penalties after that in direct response to Klopps making his comments. When you tell them that they have no idea where that yardstick is so they go too far in the other direction.

Referees let smaller teams get away with far more crap than the big teams. Certain players get different treatment. The likes of Fabinho and Fernandinho could have slapped the refs at the height of their powers and only got a yellow 3 fouls later.

Its not cheating but there is a massive lack of consistency and I fully believe that behind the scenes they are constantly in flux as to what they are being told should be acted upon in games.

OldSchoolManc

Are there any doubts left about United being treated differently to other clubs?
Absolute silence again about a first half decision that potentially lost us the game against Spurs.
United were awful 2nd half but that was impacted by a stonewall penalty not given and 3 quick fire yellows from a referee that can’t stand United.

The silence is deafening when United are wronged

crossy1686

career ending
Are there any doubts left about United being treated differently to other clubs?
Absolute silence again about a first half decision that potentially lost us the game against Spurs.
United were awful 2nd half but that was impacted by a stonewall penalty not given and 3 quick fire yellows from a referee that can’t stand United.

Everyone else loved it so why try to appease United when it’s the other 19 that make the most noise?

crossy1686

career ending
True, but United need to start whining like Klopp and Guardiola at every instance.
At least Bruno had a go.
They’ll throw the book at us. They make an example of everything we do. Fines and bans for people making comments about officials missing things. Yet against us they’re apologising to everyone. It’s fecking open season on United at the moment. We really need someone at our club on the FA again like Gill was.

Fr. Todd Unctious

Yep and then add in the radio silence over what happend at Anfield yesterday. If United got those there'd be a meltdown in the media.

OldSchoolManc

Yep and then add in the radio silence over what happend at Anfield yesterday. If United got those there'd be a meltdown in the media.
If anything, the whole media jumped on the officials back saying the Mac Allister red card was a disgrace.
Don’t remember that happening with Casemiro…

RedDevilQuebecois

Everyone else loved it so why try to appease United when it’s the other 19 that make the most noise?
It's one of those days when I wish United had developed and hold as much political power in England as Bayern Munich have in Germany.

If Bayern Munich were fleeced by such poor refereeing, they would move heaven and earth to get the guilty referee(s) sacked. And no matter how other 19 fanbases in the Bundesliga would feel in their ABB sentiment, all they can do is to kiss Bayern's ass.

Coleyoscar

It always seems to me that United players get booked quicker and more easily than other clubs' players. Wondering if this might just be my own unconscious bias I had a look at the stats.

Last year United players received 78 yellow cards which is more than any of the top five teams (City 44; Arsenal 51; Liverpool 57; Newcastle 61).
We received more cards than each of these clubs for each of the last four seasons with one exception (Newcastle had three more in 21/22).

I tracked our stats in comparison with Liverpool over the last four seasons, in two of which we finished behind them and two above in the league table.
Liverpool players received fewer yellow cards for each and every one of these seasons. In total for the four seasons they accumulated 185 cards. United players were handed 288 cards in the same period. That's over 100 more yellow cards in just four seasons.

Of course there are many factors at play here. The statistics aren't proof positive that referees are biased or that they feel the need to prove their strength of character by asserting their discretionary authority against the biggest club. That's just my reading of it.
So book me...

James_42

If Martinez blocked the ball with his hand like Romero did these morons would be having a meltdown just like the Onana incident, it stinks.

Hughie77

The refs are great can't see any Bias toward UTD .. always fair to us, just like utd Ceo is .

90 + 5min

This is not even something to think about. We know how We are treated. Everybody knows. Unless our club goes out with a statement this will continue. I’m happy that our captain isn’t staying silent. And I expect more of that. From players, managers and hopefully club.

3 penalties in 2 games that are just being cleaned under the carpet. Media is silent. FA is silent. We are getting bullied. And for some reason club havn’t said anything.

LDUred

Tottenham Hotspur are hands down the worst side in the league for getting refs who are out and out homers.

Last season at home to Brighton it was like watching South Korea vs Italy in the World Cup and as if the refs were colluding with VAR to see how they could get any Brighton goals chalked off.

The fact that they are in London is why they never get criticized because it's 'good ole Spurs'.

Last edited:

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
It's not the refs as such. It's the MEDIA and the PUNDITS (incl some ex United players sadly). The refs and FA are cowards and make decisions based on what the media wants them to do. Can you imagine? What kind of sport is this? Why can't they just apply the rules of the game like all other bloody sports do?

I'm glad Bruno said something. Screw them.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Tottenham Hotspur are hands down the worst side in the league for getting refs who are out and out homers.

Last season at home to Brighton it was like watching South Korea vs Italy in the World Cup and as if the refs were colluding with VAR to see how they could get any Brighton goals chalked off.

The fact that they are in London is why they never get criticized because it's 'good ole Spurs'.
It's absolutely crazy. How can a sport be run like this? Though I do remember one of Brighton's games was against Liverpool and no way the refs are going to punish them lest the media and pundits start dragging them :rolleyes:

Ranie

This is not even something to think about. We know how We are treated. Everybody knows. Unless our club goes out with a statement this will continue. I’m happy that our captain isn’t staying silent. And I expect more of that. From players, managers and hopefully club.

3 penalties in 2 games that are just being cleaned under the carpet. Media is silent. FA is silent. We are getting bullied. And for some reason club havn’t said anything.
This. The only way to change this is to speak up. Fergie did it time and again and it worked. Klopp has done it and look what happened. Bruno and EtH needs to keep going every time a decision goes against us.

Amarsdd

couple of youtube video titles I saw last day, "Bruno is trying to distract from the loss", "Is Bruno whinging too much?". I think it was ESPN and SkySports. So no wonder, its easier to give wrong decisions against United.