ABU

Foxbatt

The whole country in pandemonium? You must be joking? They would declare war on Portugal and label Jose a bigger tooorist than anyone else on this World and set the SAAS, The MI----5 and theMI----6, and Dads Army after him and boom Old Trafford to smithereens.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
The whole country in pandemonium? You must be joking? They would declare war on Portugal and label Jose a bigger tooorist than anyone else on this World and set the SAAS, The MI----5 and theMI----6, and Dads Army after him and boom Old Trafford to smithereens.
Right, who's getting drunk tonight?

Foxbatt

The original ABU thread disappeared for some reason and it was my reply to a posting to the original thread.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
The original ABU thread disappeared for some reason and it was my reply to a posting to the original thread.
So you just decided to start a new thread with a nonsensical OP?

Blue always red

Just Bone and Biggie Biggie, just Bone and Biggie Biggie, just Bone and Biggie Biggie, just Bone and Biggie Biggie. Lets ride, lets ride, get high, get high.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Dafuq is the op on with?

This is the most ABU United I've ever experienced (been Utd fan since around 1986).
Easier for opposition fans to take digs now and land. Media just does what appeals to them for attention which eggs it on more.

Green_Red

Who the feck are Man United!

I'm interested in the history of football clubs and their social origins. I think the ABU goes a lot further than Ferguson in the clubs history. You'd probably have to go all the way back to the formation of the club and what it stood for to truely understand it.

Red_toad

Who the feck are Man United!

I'm interested in the history of football clubs and their social origins. I think the ABU goes a lot further than Ferguson in the clubs history. You'd probably have to go all the way back to the formation of the club and what it stood for to truely understand it.
No you wouldn't, sustained success under Sir Alex and being the 'biggest club' with the biggest fan base caused the ABU element to rise.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
You lot love it really.

Think how fans of Leeds United, West Ham United & Sheffield United feel as its universally accepted that if you're talking about "United", you're talking about Manchester United.

You're the big boys, the baddies, the team everyone wants to beat. That's because for a long time you were the best. Enjoy it!

King.of.Red

I have mixed feeling. Sometimes I'm very angry whenever I read or listen ABUs talk a lot of shits about us but I also feel proud and happy

Kraftwerker

Formerly RedAddict
You lot love it really.

Think how fans of Leeds United, West Ham United & Sheffield United feel as its universally accepted that if you're talking about "United", you're talking about Manchester United.

You're the big boys, the baddies, the team everyone wants to beat. That's because for a long time you were the best. Enjoy it!
Hard to disagree.

I just wish we were genuinely boiling some piss in the media.

I suspect it’s all a facade. There’s no way a journalist can sit there with a straight face and lament the moral decay in the game from a player choosing United over City.

It’s done for clicks or because they’re shills for City. In some cases, like Souness, it’s genuine bitterness. And those are ones to savour.

RedOldBoy

I find it very amusing sometimes when I hear Liverpool fans stating that their hatred for United stems from a historic inter-city rivalry with Manchester. The same is sometimes said of Leeds to certain extent.

It is something different imho. Clearly they do not feel the same hatred for City as they do for United. It stems from a long history of success and dominance and the resulting envy.

This I think is why other team's supporters, like Arsenal for example also hate us so much.

Red_toad

Hard to disagree.

I just wish we were genuinely boiling some piss in the media.

I suspect it’s all a facade. There’s no way a journalist can sit there with a straight face and lament the moral decay in the game from a player choosing United over City.

It’s done for clicks or because they’re shills for City. In some cases, like Souness, it’s genuine bitterness. And those are ones to savour.
Why would he be bitter? His entire playing career he shat on United big style. Such a class player and such a Cnut to go with it, would have loved him at United, him and Robbo would have been immense.

Oscie

I don't have an issue with pundits and ex-players criticising United if it's legitimate. Strong opinions to generate debate is what they're paid to do. Also don't think just because you've previously played for a club that your entire life as a pundit should be to play the role of a young Paddy Crerand and by a constant, sycophantic cheerleader. The only thing I disliked was when it seems as if criticism from former players appeared to be orchestrated and synchronised in a way of getting rid of the then manager only because the guy they thought who'd get the job instead was their mate.

I'm as worried about pundits shitting on Mourinho as I was concerned when they tried to shit over Ferguson. I'd be more worried if they weren't bothering, quite honestly.

Djemba-Djemba

Why would he be bitter? His entire playing career he shat on United big style. Such a class player and such a Cnut to go with it, would have loved him at United, him and Robbo would have been immense.
He's seen as the man who began the decline of Liverpool. Which happened right around the time Utd became the dominant force. Must have been very painful for him.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
In managerial terms, he's their Moyes (just as Man United were starting to dominate).

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
In terms of Sounds, I don't think he has anything against ManUtd. I've seen him properly shit on Liverpool. And I've seen him praise us many times.
I just think he's a miserable person.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
I think one of the reasons behind the current barrage of shite we're getting hit with is because, unless you're a City, Utd or Chelsea fan, the only way your club is going to be able to win the league is if there's a takeover bid like City's. Basically, sugar-daddy football clubs, unless you're one of the current elites, is the only ownership model that will get success for smaller clubs. Yes, Leicester happened - but I think everyone has accepted that that was an (incredible) fluke season. It's hard to look beyond City winning titles for seasons to come, and kind of hard to look beyond anyone but Utd challenging them currently.

Robbo's Shoulder

Supports
United and Barrow AFC
I'd be more worried if the abu's were quiet and weren't criticising us. To me means we are on rise again and they can't handle that 1 bit.

sugar_kane

The press seem to have gone absolutely hysterical with the Sanchez thing - Neil Ashton’s latest in the Scum (accusing Sanchez of sacrificing principles by not signing for City) is an absolute embarrassment.

On the other end you’ve got the Guardian who can’t go a week without writing some negative think piece on mourinho, usually at the same time as some gushing article on Pep which reads like the journo wrote it with his cock out.

I totally get why the journos hate United, success breeds contempt and they had to grow up with us dominating, but I’ve no idea how they can portray City as the saints of football and still sleep at night.

melatonin

"The bias against my club is incredible!" (fans of every football club, 2018)

Brightonian

The Sanchez thing is different and separate from ABUism, which is as usual directly related to how successful we are, and never as widespread as people make it out to be.

But the Sanchez reaction is completely mental. People are losing their minds. Some of the tweets from professional journalists (well, football journalists) are mind boggling.

JohnnyKills

As a journalist myself, I can tell you why the media is so ABU.

United are the biggest club in the country and any time you write a United story United fans will read it, whether it's good or bad.

However you've also got to consider the fans of other clubs, most of whom hate United. If they see a pro-United article in the paper they'll ignore it, but if they see an anti-United one they'll read it.

So it's really quite a simple equation for journos and editors:

Pro-United = United fans only
Anti-United = United fans AND fans of other clubs.

That's why the journos are so relentlessly negative about United.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
They'd rather us be signing Michael Owens and Obertans than Alexis Sanchez and Robin Van Persie, bless their hearts.

*Correction: I punched the air when The Ox scored." :lol:

Foxbatt

Normally I have no issues with " Pundits" criticising us or our style of play. But this Sanchez saga has blown all decency out of the windows. Keown and Neil Ashton should apologise to Sanchez. He is a professional football player who will be a free agent in the summer and his club either wants him to sign a new agreement or sell him now. He made the choice of going to United. Arsenal has no problems with that or the fees.
So why should anyone else get bothered and froth?
I call both of them a disgrace to journalism and punditry for spouting such hatred and bile.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
The thing is everybody is expecting United to collapse and go away like Liverpool did and like what Arsenal are in danger of doing. They're waiting for Jose to have his 'meltdown' and it ain't happening. They (City fans, mainly) thought that Ibrahimovic was going to come to United, clash with the manager and unsettle the team...well quite the opposite happened. They're waiting for the team to implode. We still won two trophies last season (more than City) and that's gotta nark 'em a bit. They're hoping that we fade into obscurity but United have just come out as #1 in the money league. After 4 years of 'decline' that's really messing with their heads.

Now the Sanchez thing is just the icing on the cake because they know what impact he could have and the fact that we've got him instead of Arsenal, Chelsea & City, whatever the reasons/motivation.

They have every right to be pissed with us and I'm loving it. It would just be the best season ever next season if we were to do something major, which I firmly believe we will.

Handsome Devil

You lot love it really.

And when foreign players talk about playing for Manchester, they usually mean United.

Foxbatt

I luv it and simply luv it when others have a melt down about United.

OverratedOpinion

To me this has always been and will always be one of the most enjoyable aspects of supporting United.

It's mostly born from jealousy. Being this hated took a long time to earn.

Won't happen at this stage but if City were to let their heads drop about the Liverpool result and Sanchez inspired us to catch up and win the league I'd take so much pleasure in hearing them moan about the money. Especially when it's UAE City of all times.

Last edited:

Lord SInister

where grasses are green and girls are pretty
Well ABU attitude by the media is what I relish the most.
But I find it tasteless when former players in media also indulge in it, not talking about idiots like Paul Parker, I don't give a fvck about him, but when legends like Scholes and Neville do that, it is really not nice.

crossy1686

career ending
Part of me enjoys the ABU attitude of the pundits and media, after all, the only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about. The only thing that does annoy me is when our fans start to believe the hyperbole after a couple of bad results. You've only got to look at this forum after a poor performance to see people calling for Jose to go.

We should hire Fergie as our chief media representative from now on. All pressers and media contact go through him before Mourinho. He'd love that.