ABU's

Robbo

Our success really brings em' out.
Now I hate being paranoid but FFS some of it really is incredible...

BBC..as regular hosts we have Hansen (Liverpool ), Lawrenson ( Liverpool), Sherear ( turned United down 3 times allegedly) and Big ears ( with his wee quips about Fergie and all underpinned with the ABU agenda at the BBC with Alan Green supporting Liverpool and Fergie fecking hating em'..and of course Monkey Keown or Lee right back from Arsenal

Sky..we have Paul merson last week saying Arsenal are the team to beat...United have been lucky all season and the panel has Thommo big nose and no United representation since George popped his clogs

and

ItV..FFS Beglin ..please retain a scrap of decency and at least try to pretend not to be so bias..

even Channel 5 have John feckin Barnes

United have dominated the English game for nigh on 20 years..and notwithstanding that most of our ex legends are managing etc..where the feck is the balance..

Liverpools era was 25 years ago FFS...Get over it..the return of King Kenny...given the media reaction one would have thought they were anything other than a midtable club, competing only now in the Europa league and out of everything else regularly by Xmas......

Where the feck are the United legends given we have dominated the english game for the last 20 odd years

Neo_Mufc

The mirror newspaper didn't even have a feature on the game yesterday. You'd think people would want to read about one of the biggest games in the fa cup tournament.

Xander45

Know-It-All Champion May 2009
You explain it yourself, the majority of ex united players move into coaching rather than the media. I'd like to see more of Pallister, Irwin or Cole involved on things like this but maybe they just haven't been offered or are happy doing the occasional bit on MUTV.

And frankly it looks like Sky have gone for the idea of "let's hire idiots so it makes it funny when the messup".

stubie

You get Cole or Yorke on the occasion Sky/ESPN game. Pally usually does some work for the BBC

Irwinwastheking

Gimpier than Alex and Feeky

BBC..as regular hosts we have Hansen (Liverpool ), Lawrenson ( Liverpool), Sherear ( turned United down 3 times allegedly) and Big ears ( with his wee quips about Fergie and all underpinned with the ABU agenda at the BBC with Alan Green supporting Liverpool and Fergie fecking hating em'..and of course Monkey Keown or Lee right back from Arsenal

Sky..we have Paul merson last week saying Arsenal are the team to beat...United have been lucky all season and the panel has Thommo big nose and no United representation since George popped his clogs

and

ItV..FFS Beglin ..please retain a scrap of decency and at least try to pretend not to be so bias..

United have dominated the English game for nigh on 20 years..and notwithstanding that most of our ex legends are managing etc..where the feck is the balance..

Liverpools era was 25 years ago FFS...Get over it..the return of King Kenny...given the media reaction one would have thought they were anything other than a midtable club, competing only now in the Europa league and out of everything else regularly by Xmas......

Where the feck are the United legends given we have dominated the english game for the last 20 odd years
A huge amount of our legends are managers or coaches. They actually are able to still give something to the game more valid than talking inane bullshit on the telly. TBH i like having all the anti-utd comentators and pundits. I find it really funny when they constantly put united down and say were a team in decline. Apparently we were washed up 5 years ago?? RTE is without a doubt the worst. Dumphy used to love United (keane) now he hates us.

manux399

It's obvious really, as scousers are the only breed on the planet that know all there is to know about football. They became the official authority on anything football in the seventies, that they've won almost j@ck sh!t for 20 odd years means nothing as they've all moved into lecturing jobs and set up courses on football science etc etc ..!

Shearer et al are all allowed to be Honoury scousers as they either turned United down or stopped us winning at least one championship..!

RedThaiDevils#7

Married with Manchester United, In love with Giggs
Was watching last night's match, the commentators sucked bad, what the feck were they going on about if it was Graueme Souness he would have done that, if it were Dalglish he would have done that etc.... That wasa fecking 20 years ago, I'm 23 so how the feck would I ever understand that BS.

I agree United haven't dominated games, but what the feck is all the Liverpool BS coming from ?

Sometimes I'd rather hear it in Thai commentary, but the Thai commentators talk only about statistics and sound like programmed Robots for my liking.

42 euros

Aka Giggs 11 times
I tend to laugh it all off now. Always been the same and always will be the same in this country. Old boys club and all. Would rather have someone on TV who has actually won something (even if it was 20+ years ago) than a handful of muppets who have the experience of an odd FA Cup final and mid-table mediocrity to draw on.

What is pissing me off slightly now is the way our supporters are ignored. It is widely acknowledged that we have the best away support in the country and we have the biggest ground in English football. So what do we constantly see and hear? Endless shots of away fans (especially Scousers yesterday) at OT or was it really Anfield? Then we are told of the amazing atmosphere at away grounds without ever mentioning United fans. ABU indeed.

Chabon

A good place to post this:

Football365 | Features | F365 Features | Howard Webb's Last Ten Trips To OT

F365 is on a perpetual wind-up, but this is pretty disgraceful nonsense even by their standards. The string of outright fabrications is probably the worst thing about it, but the fact that stuff like perfectly good disallowed goals, Palacios' unpunished attempted assault on Ronaldo and Adebayor's hand of God moment all largely neglected is particularly pitiful.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Sky used to have George Best and Gordon McQueen.

I actually dont think BBC are all that bad. Hansen and Lawrenson in general give a very fair assesment

Sky gave Dwight Yorke a shot at commentary. Lets just say he wont be doing that again in a hurry

decorativeed

A good place to post this:

Football365 | Features | F365 Features | Howard Webb's Last Ten Trips To OT

F365 is on a perpetual wind-up, but this is pretty disgraceful nonsense even by their standards. The string of outright fabrications is probably the worst thing about it, but the fact that stuff like perfectly good disallowed goals, Palacios' unpunished attempted assault on Ronaldo and Adebayor's hand of God moment all largely neglected is particularly pitiful.
Vs Spurs, 2009: "Replays clearly show the goalkeeper took ball before man. "

No matter how many times I see that replay - in slow motion - I still don't see whether Gomes or Carrick moves the ball wide of the keeper. There's no "clearly" about it and most refs would have given that. To most people on first impression that appeared to be a stonewall penalty. The fact we scored a further four goals apparently is irrelevant. :houllier:

"...awards United a second-half penalty for a non-existent handball by Gael Clichy." :wenger:

sparky

It's obvious really, as scousers are the only breed on the planet that know all there is to know about football. They became the official authority on anything football in the seventies, that they've won almost j@ck sh!t for 20 odd years means nothing as they've all moved into lecturing jobs and set up courses on football science etc etc ..!

Shearer et al are all allowed to be Honoury scousers as they either turned United down or stopped us winning at least one championship..!
And when you call them on it they resort to abusive language.

SATA

Stewart Robson was on commentary yesterday for the United-Liverpool game. Someone should remind him that he should actually remain a neutral commentator on tv, some of the trash he spewed out was absolutely atrocious, and it takes alot to work me up when it comes to this sort of thing.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Pretty much every football fan in the world thinks the media is against their team. Its quite tedious at times.

The media just sing the praises of the "flavor of the month". For example Tottenham and Bale recently. Dalglish now. Its nothing new at all. Surprised how many people get wound up by all of this.

Lance Uppercut

Pretty much every football fan in the world thinks the media is against their team. Its quite tedious at times.

The media just sing the praises of the "flavor of the month". For example Tottenham and Bale recently. Dalglish now. Its nothing new at all. Surprised how many people get wound up by all of this.
Couldn't agree more.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
There's always going to be a lot of focus on the best team at any given time. Over the last two decades, United's dominance have led to others trying to break them down. It's just human nature.

As long as there's unreasoned criticism levelled at United, then we'll know we're the team to beat.

Having said that, I think most of the pundits you mention in your opening post, Hansen, Dixon, Keown, Shearer etc. are fair in their verdict on United-issues. Okay, so a few of them might have messed up one or two predictions when it comes to who's gonna win the league, but I think those predictions are more a result of cheering the underdogs or wanting a change rather than true bias against United. As it goes, I think Dixon is one of the better pundits in Britain.(Not a huge compliment but still)

Denis' cuff

i'll see your point when Sky, BBC, ITV etc have Gary Nev, Paddy, Andy Ritchie and a dozen others offering their expertise like the dippers and bummers have. Always been the media darlings. Even the chav$ don't get the latitude those two clubs get. Spurs aren'rt far behind but don't have half their former players on the BBC and Sky staff

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur

and

Hansen is alright to be fair.

finneh

I'd like to to see Lou Macari more often. He's probably the only realist on MUTV and his comments are usually balanced (unlike the others who think every United player is World Class and constantly just say "If Sir Alex thinks he's good enough for the squad he must be", or "if Sir Alex doesn't think we need xyz then we don't").

misterredmist

I'd rather have ABU's doing the punditry :

I find it very entertaining seeing these people have to occasionally
blow sunshine up our b*cksides and criticise their own teams....

It's a lot more appealing to me than having former United players doing it....

Apart from that, who cares what they say ?

horselesspaul

Man Utd fan
It's Manchester United, United or Man United.
I'd like to to see Lou Macari more often. He's probably the only realist on MUTV and his comments are usually balanced (unlike the others who think every United player is World Class and constantly just say "If Sir Alex thinks he's good enough for the squad he must be", or "if Sir Alex doesn't think we need xyz then we don't").
Nah, the Archbishop is a miserable cnut. Love him though.

Cling Bak

Hi, I'm Barry Scott
Aside from the rather moronic comment "You'll never win anything with kids" Hansen isn't that bad really.
And to be fair to that, who outside United saw it all coming?! 99 times out of 100 nobody would even remember his comment to credit him when he was right. How many times have people said it about Arsenal? And they'd be right.

Oh and Shearer's not biased. He's just shit at his job.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
dont like the thread topic then dont contribute
Why not? If I think it's a stupid paranoid thread I'm well within my rights to say that it's a stupid paranoid thread.

BTW this is a stupid paranoid thread.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
In all seriousness who if your ex-players would you like to see? Pallister sometimes pops up, as does Paul Parker. Bruce, Hughes, Strachan, Robson and Ince are all managing. What do you want, Paul Wratten on MOTD?

Robbo

Merson continues his ABU..ism on Sky..and FFS dont even start me with some of the stuff Thomson and carragher came out with against United on sat on Sky..nothing short of disgraceful to have such biasness on tv...

Heres the alcoplayers latest digs at United:

I can only see one winner in this game - and that's Tottenham.

I know that Manchester United haven't lost a game all season, but I don't see how they can keep getting away with it. There's no way they're going to be the new 'Invincibles', they're not good enough.

They were extremely fortunate at West Brom when Gary Neville should have been sent off and Peter Odemwingie missed a penalty - and they could have been beaten by Aston Villa, but came back from two goals down to get a draw.

I'm not saying they've been lucky; it's been down to unbelievable spirit. They haven't been playing well, but they've been avoiding defeat - and that's because their team is full of winners. But sooner or later they're going to come unstuck away from home.

I think that day will be Sunday. Tottenham are full of confidence and have a lot of players that can hurt Man United. Rafael van der Vaart, Gareth Bale, Jermain Defoe and Luka Modric can all do damage in their own ways.

Personally, I can't understand why they're trying to sign David Beckham. Usually I look at Harry Redknapp and I agree with everything he does, but I don't get this one.

I've played with Beckham and he's a different class, his attitude is second to none, but I don't think he's right for Spurs. For me, Aaron Lennon's final ball is never going to be as good as Beckham's, but Tottenham need his pace to open the game up.

Without Bale and Lennon on the flanks, teams could push up and stop the likes of Modric, Huddlestone and Van der Vaart getting on the ball, but the wingers force teams to drop off. That gives those players more time to pose a threat and there's more opportunities to hit diagonal balls up to Peter Crouch as well.

Pace is very important to the way Tottenham play and that's why I can't see Beckham fitting into the team.

They're in the top four at the moment and if they can stay in that position until the end of the season - and have the run in the Champions League that they've had - it would be a phenomenal achievement.

PAUL'S PREDICTION
HOME WIN - This should be a very good game. It's never easy to back against Man United, but I think this could be the game when their run comes to an end. People tell me United have got other gears to move into, but I don't agree. They ripped Blackburn apart, but I haven't seen evidence of them doing that in any other game. I'll go for 3-1 to Tottenham

MERSON'S MAGIC MAN
RAFAEL VAN DER VAART - He will give United major problems every time he drops into the hole. He also has great movement and when the ball goes up to Crouch he knows when to make a run and when not to. He's a very intelligent footballer and a top-level player.